GUILTY MI - Jane Bashara, 56, dies in contract killing, Grosse Pointe Park, 25 Jan 2012 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

fran

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Please continue here.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120127/METRO01/201270393/

Police 'looking at everything' in death of Grosse Pointe Park woman

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-strangled-Mercedes-Benz.html#ixzz1kgs2tOvb

Mystery over death of suburban wife and mother found strangled in her Mercedes Benz

http://www.freep.com/article/201201...-of-Grosse-Pointe-Park-woman?odyssey=nav|head

Police: Husband of Grosse Pointe Park woman strangled to death is a suspect

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/news/region...osse-pointe-park-womans-husband#ixzz1kmEApciU

Source says murdered Grosse Pointe Park woman's husband failed polygraph

http://www.freep.com/article/20120129/NEWS02/120129011/Grosse-Pointe-Park-Bashara-murder

Family: Husband of strangled Grosse Pointe Park woman 'incapable' of murder

.....................................................................................................
.....................................................................................................

MI - Woman, Jane Bashara, Found Strangled in Her Car; husband is POI - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
Jane Bashara - #1

Could be a pivotal weekend for BB. One of the news reports indicated that BB would be talking to his kids about Rachel. Here's what his attorney said, "The situation with Rachel is bothersome, and we'll comment after Bob has an opportunity to discuss that with his kids this weekend," said Griem.

I would think there is the possibility that his children will start questioning and doubting dad and their support may wane. My guess that the first may be the daughter as she was very close with her mother (they went to Europe together) and may have known about some of the problems in the marriage. Plus they've had time to digest the pictures of dad with RG at her daughters NY Eve wedding when he was supposed to be golfing with his buddies. I'm sure it would be devastating to him if they both abandoned him.

Ya know, I wonder what her last New Years eve was like while he was dancing the night away? Hope she wasn't alone.

Wonder what the questioning will be for the Thrift or Donation store? Asking if BB was around there or who all knew about a hit for hire?

Police were tipped off about Gentz's possible involvement when Robert Bashara's former attorney, John Brusstar, sent investigators a letter explaining that the handyman might come forward to claim he was paid to kill Jane Bashara, the source said.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120208/METRO/202080359

I never knew that!!! Why didn't he keep that attorney, I wonder.....

Also, how would he know in advance that JG was going to say he was paid to do it?

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120208/METRO/202080359

I never knew that!!! Why didn't he keep that attorney, I wonder.....

Also, how would he know in advance that JG was going to say he was paid to do it?

..yeah, that was bizarre!

..also, when it was 'leaked by sources' that joe had been paid $2000.00 to kill jane-----griem couldn't wait to come up w/ a $2000.00 excuse ( at his 90 minute talk-fest P/C last friday..)

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news/local/bob-bashara's-lawyer-to-speak-friday-morning-20110203

"Griem, Bashara's attorney, said Gentz wanted $2,000 for work he had done. Gentz and Bob Bashara met on Monday. Bashara gave him a check for $452. Griem said maybe that wasn't enough and Gentz went to Bashara's house Tuesday night looking for more.

"What about Joe not being satisfied with the money and arriving at the Bashara home just as Jane's pulls in, an argument ensuing and Jane's body being found where it was found?" Griem suggested."

..now that the amount has changed to $8000, i wonder what we'll hear from griem on that..

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2012 ... CFRONTPAGE

Griem attacks authorities for botching Bashara investigation

The attorney for Bob Bashara blasted authorities Friday for their handling of the investigation into the slaying of his client's wife and for leaking information in what he called an attempt to smear the Grosse Pointe Park businessman.

"It's like Swiss cheese. It's like being on the Titanic. And the leaks are meant to sound incriminating," David Griem said. "They are calculated. They are an effort to smear Bob, to establish negative public opinion and contaminate the potential jury pool out there."

BB must be so pleased that he found an attorney as sleazy as he is.

I guess my questions are this... (sorry if they have been asked and answered already)

Why exactly was Joe released?
Is Joe able to produce any of the money he claims he received for murdering Jane?
If Joe's story is starting to fall into place, what if anything is being done to corroborate the remaining parts?
Why did it take so long for LE to go back and examine the garage for DNA evidence?
I do not recall any statements indicating that JB died other than by strangulation and that she had bruising over her body so why collect blood samples from the garage other than to eliminate Joe or bb?
Are there any marks on Joe or bb indicating they may have been scratched by JB?

Thanks, Nieschk

I guess my questions are this... (sorry if they have been asked and answered already)

Why exactly was Joe released?
Is Joe able to produce any of the money he claims he received for murdering Jane?
If Joe's story is starting to fall into place, what if anything is being done to corroborate the remaining parts?
Why did it take so long for LE to go back and examine the garage for DNA evidence?
I do not recall any statements indicating that JB died other than by strangulation and that she had bruising over her body so why collect blood samples from the garage other than to eliminate Joe or bb?
Are there any marks on Joe or bb indicating they may have been scratched by JB?

Thanks, Nieschk

I wish we had answers to those questions. The only thing i read regarding Joe's release was that he had given several stories. Since then it seems to be coming together. I do believe there was a report early in that Joe's jacket was scratched/torn and turned over to LE. Other than that I dont believe we have the answers. Anything to add or clarify anyone? Oh and there was a statement that Joe's story was coming together as to his movement that night. I assume security camera has helped with some of his whereabouts.

Jane's family released a statement yesterday. I apologize if this has already been posted. I got kinda goofed up when we switched over to the 2nd thread.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...mily/-/1719314/8630090/-/scy41rz/-/index.html

After recent comments made to the media about Jane our family feels compelled to respond.

It is well-known in our family that Bob and Jane did not have a perfect marriage.

Over the last several years, our family has observed an obvious change in Bob and Jane’s relationship.

We, as a family, are certain that Jane would have chosen to end her marriage rather than participate in an open marriage. We are unaware of any other man in Jane’s life and sincerely believe we would have known about any such person due to our close relationship with our sister/daughter.

We are confident that anyone who knows Jane would agree that she held herself to the highest ideals of honesty, loyalty, ethics and morals.

Any comments made to the contrary should be met with disbelief.

More at the link, including the family asking the media to stop harassing the victim's elderly parents for a story.

No worries Tracy. It is always good to bring the Victim and Family to the forefront :rose: Welcome too by the way :seeya:

I hope nobody minds but i usually shorten board names when responding.

Griems states Money not a Motive. I beg to differ. Griems mentions the amount of Life Insurance. Are there other policies he just didn't mention? Could Jane of had one thru work? If Bob's plan had worked out having 3 incomes under one roof might bring in a motivating sum. MOO

I hope nobody minds but i usually shorten board names when responding.

OT

I don't mind at all. I've even had people call me Trace. No "Y", added an "E" to my name. lol I only have such a long username because that even way back when I started using this identity online in the 90s, plain old Tracy was already taken in all the forums and I needed to come up with an option other than "Tracy835249657". :D

ON TOPIC

I did find the original thread and the info I posted upthread here is Old News. Sorry about that!

Grime errrr Griem just can't keep his pie hole shut! Why does he feel the need to state her income? I don't think I've ever seen any attorney shoot his mouth off like he has.
Motive enough was that he wanted to buy another house and shack up with two other women to play his fantasy out. It was clear that he wanted someone to golf, play Euchre, etc with him from the ad she posted. I don't think he wanted Jane to have that role in his life anymore.
On another note, the family of Jane made a very classy statement about her and her children, IMO. I hope the nightmare they are living ends soon for them.

Griem's public comments are astounding at times. Never heard a Defense Atty. speak as he does. That first presser was unbelievable :waitasec:

OT

I don't mind at all. I've even had people call me Trace. No "Y", added an "E" to my name. lol I only have such a long username because that even way back when I started using this identity online in the 90s, plain old Tracy was already taken in all the forums and I needed to come up with an option other than "Tracy835249657". :D

ON TOPIC

I did find the original thread and the info I posted upthread here is Old News. Sorry about that!

No problem. LOL on the name.

Griems states Money not a Motive. I beg to differ. Griems mentions the amount of Life Insurance. Are there other policies he just didn't mention? Could Jane of had one thru work? If Bob's plan had worked out having 3 incomes under one roof might bring in a motivating sum. MOO

The life insurance certainly could "set up shop" for BB and his little harem. I also recall that Rachel's ads looking for a 2nd woman also required that the woman have a job.

Grimy Griem is always going after law enforcement and authorities :furious: Here he goes again bashing the investigation:

February 11, 2012 at 1:00 am

Griem attacks authorities for botching Bashara investigation
By Doug Guthrie and George Hunter
The Detroit News

Grosse Pointe Park— The attorney for Bob Bashara blasted authorities Friday for their handling of the investigation into the slaying of his client's wife and for leaking information in what he called an attempt to smear the Grosse Pointe Park businessman.

"It's like Swiss cheese. It's like being on the Titanic. And the leaks are meant to sound incriminating," David Griem said. "They are calculated. They are an effort to smear Bob, to establish negative public opinion and contaminate the potential jury pool out there."

Griem said the probe of Jane Bashara's death Jan. 24 has been full of errors and irregularities.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/...estigation?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail