Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast

Thread: MI - Woman, Jane Bashara, Found Strangled - #2

Actually when he actually gets arrested, Griem will bail.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Nieschk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Basmat View Post
    I too feel bad for his kids. Especially the daughter that seems to be in denial about BB.

I haven't read anything (but I may have missed it) where his SON was defending BB. All I have read is that the daughter is defending him.

JMO, but I think she's in deep denial. She lost her mother and cannot accept that she may also lose BB because he caused her mom's death.
    --we heard from his son the day after the funeral, when big bobb dragged him and his mom out w/ him to speak briefly w/ the media.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...RO01/202010445

"He was accompanied by his mother and son, but not his daughter Jessica, who he said had returned to college.

His son, Robert Jr., said he and his sister support their dad.

"We just miss our mom so much and we're just trying to get through this," said Robert Jr."

--however a lot has come to light since then, and we've never heard from Jr. again.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

As I'm always trying to understand the definition of sociopath, I think bb fits the bill. It's someone who becomes expert in manipulation to get their own way. It's tricky because they may be energetic, helpful and involved in doing good deeds. Bob is proud of his community service and all of his good deeds but, in the end, his motivation for doing community things was to manipulate people so that they would think good of him and then he could hide behind that good image. He probably could have gotten away with that if he hadn't pushed his need to have his own way to the extent of killing his wife. It would take a sociopath to kill the mother of his children and then ask for their support because of his pain, I mean his fear of being caught/found out.

He probably played the role of being the good dad at home and that's probably partly why Jane put up with him for so long. Afterall, she went to Europe with her nearly grown daughter and I'm glad they experienced that together but, where was Bob?

Bob, being a sociopath, couldn't just leave Jane on earth by getting a divorce and working through the monetary issues with her thus moving on to live his sadistic life (sorry if that offends anybody but that's how I see it). He had to take Jane out because she represented his failures and kept him from having whatever they had built together all to himself. He would have to share his children with Jane, who would question his image after the divorce, and he knew they'd probably side with her over the long run. There's no way imo that deep down the children haven't questioned their dad's character or realized their mother wasn't fulfilled in her marriage. They may not have known details, but they had to have known something wasn't right.

My thought on life is that if it doesn't come from light, it comes from dark.
    Last edited by Woe.be.gone; 02-14-2012 at 04:47 PM.

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."
    Still no charges in Jane Bashara's murder

Investigation into Grosse Pointe Park mother's murder now in its 3rd week

Author: Marc Santia, Local 4 Defenders

Published On: Feb 14 2012 05:05:27 PM EST Updated On: Feb 14 2012 05:15:48 PM EST

GROSSE POINTE PARK, Mich. -
    Who killed Jane Bashara? That question is now 21 days old.

The Grosse Pointe Park mother was found dead Jan. 25 in the back of her SUV in an alley on Detroit's east side. She had been strangled...

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/i...z/-/index.html

8. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...95-20120214-ms

Bob Bashara Was Accused of Child Molestation in 1995

New concerns about Bob Bashara. He's been named a person of interest in his wife's murder. Now, there are questions about his past, including an allegation of molestation.

"There was no truth to it. That's why it never went forward," said Bashara's attorney, David Griem.

He was responding to new revalations about a very old allegation, a case from April of 1995 when Bashara was accused of alleged child molestation.

"At some point in time, there was a falling out between Bob and members of Jane's family, and then after that falling out there were some allegations," Griem explained.

Ohhh Good God!!!! What else will come up?

Wonder if that had anything to do with bobs Brother-In-Law not speaking very kindly about him to the media right after it happened?
    I also wonder if it was not pushed hard for Jane's sake at the time?
    Last edited by fran; 02-17-2012 at 08:02 PM. Reason: could we please not call case players names or play on words of their name. tia

11. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to angelindisguyz For This Useful Post:

Holy crud!! WHAT NEXT????

13. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mrsu For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mrsu View Post
    Holy crud!! WHAT NEXT????
    Oh good grief, I am afraid to find out...

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to laniefi For This Useful Post:

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Heads Up...

WDIV, Channel 4, Detroit will present a special - Bashara Murder Mystery - about the case on Thursday night (2/16) at 10:00PM. For details, check out www.clickondetroit.com .

17. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angelindisguyz View Post
    How does he lay his head on the pillow to sleep at night or even face the kids and some people knowing he has told some HUGE lies that have now have become confirmed.
    Sadly, he probably sleeps very soundly every night--because in his mind, whatever he wants, he should have. He is only annoyed that not everyone believes him, and I'm sure he believes he would have gotten away with all of this if Joe hadn't turned himself in.

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by michmi View Post
    Sadly, he probably sleeps very soundly every night--because in his mind, whatever he wants, he should have. He is only annoyed that not everyone believes him, and I'm sure he believes he would have gotten away with all of this if Joe hadn't turned himself in.
    I wonder how much longer BB's offspring will continue to support "dear old Dad"?

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BetteDavisEyes For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    I wonder how much longer BB's offspring will continue to support "dear old Dad"?
    Until he is safely behind bars where he can't lord over them...

imo

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TexasCharm For This Useful Post:

Some interesting background on JG here
    http://www.freep.com/article/2012021...ashara-slaying

Macomb County Circuit Court documents obtained today shed additional light on Gentz, saying he has a history of mental health issues requiring treatment and was committed because of those issues on at least one occasion. In 2003, he was diagnosed as bi-polar and suffering from organic mood disorder. His IQ is listed as 67, which is well below average.

The documents also paint a picture of a difficult home life for Gentz’s daughter, who is also developmentally disabled .

25. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to angelindisguyz For This Useful Post:

The perfect fall guy ........

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TexasCharm For This Useful Post:

Yep! I thought so too. I think they will prove that this man could not of plotted and carried out this whole tragedy by himself.

29. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to angelindisguyz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...95-20120214-ms

Bob Bashara Was Accused of Child Molestation in 1995
    OMG
    All posts are my opinion only unless supported by a link
    Keep calm and carry on

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bravo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by angelindisguyz View Post
    Ohhh Good God!!!! What else will come up?

Wonder if that had anything to do with blobs Brother-In-Law not speaking very kindly about him to the media right after it happened?
    I also wonder if it was not pushed hard for Jane's sake at the time?
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding the child molestation charges possibly being dropped for Jane's sake. IMO that would be a terrible reason to drop them and I'm having trouble imagining her looking the other way. I wonder what the circumstance of the accusation was.
    I hope there aren't higher powers (and I don't mean God) standing in bb's corner.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure he's too confident these days - he may be shaking in his boots awaiting the results of the forensics.
    Speaking of sleeping, which doesn't have much to do with my next thought but, among all of bb's other attributes, I believe him to be an alcoholic too. Someone reported that bob had been at the bar on the night that Jane was murdered. Bb said he was working at one of his properties which may be true since he owns the building the bar used to be in. The witness said bb worked outside for a little while (down in the dungeon?), came in for a 'few' drinks, went back out, came back in for a 'few' drinks. Working (not!), drinking, working, drinking. The recommended allowance for alcoholic beverages is two per day for a man and only one per day for a woman. This guy always has a glass in his hand; he probably drinks until he falls asleep. When he wakes up, he probably pours himself another drink.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...5j_q6E.twitter

Notice how Griem is suggesting that after a fallout with Jane's family, an accusation was made that bb molested a child. Is Griem suggesting that Jane's family would make that up for the sake of it because of a fallout? More likely is that the fallout was due to their concern that bb molested a child.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Woe.be.gone View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean regarding the child molestation charges possibly being dropped for Jane's sake. IMO that would be a terrible reason to drop them and I'm having trouble imagining her looking the other way. I wonder what the circumstance of the accusation was.
    I hope there aren't higher powers (and I don't mean God) standing in bb's corner.

--at the time of the 1995 molestation charges, his Dad was a former Judge turned hot shot attorney.

--i wonder if that had any bearing on the charges not going anywhere?

http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPag...div=8&id=&page=
    --george bashara--

39. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BetteDavisEyes View Post
    At least for the daughter in college, Bobb-o is now large and in charge of family finances now---some of what we hear from her may be influenced by fear of having her education cut off if she doesn't support him publicly.

41. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to michmi For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    --at the time of the 1995 molestation charges, his Dad was a former Judge turned hot shot attorney.

--i wonder if that had any bearing on the charges not going anywhere?

http://heinonline.org/HOL/LandingPag...div=8&id=&page=
    --george bashara--
    That's right, thanks for pointing this out as I forgot all about this little fact. I believe that was bb's step dad, right?
    Is Bashara bb's original last name? I'm confused.

43. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

At least for the daughter in college, Bobb-o is now large and in charge of family finances now---some of what we hear from her may be influenced by fear of having her education cut off if she doesn't support him publicly.
    What a terrible thought. Makes me wonder who was paying the tuition to begin with as Jane was the one raking in $120,000.

45. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Woe.be.gone For This Useful Post:

That's right, thanks for pointing this out as I forgot all about this little fact. I believe that was bb's step dad, right?
    ..judge bashara was big bobb's father.

..at the time of his death in 2002, the judge was married to bob's step-mom S, and not his mother nancy, that we've seen bob w/ in media interviews recently.

http://www.grossepointenews.com/Obit...N-Bashara.html

--george bashara obituary--

47. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

--there's this as well.

--it's funny--titled 'husband big in community"--then it goes on and on about his father, w/ finally a line or 2 about big bobb.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...ETRO/201310373
    Husband big in community

Bob Bashara, who has been described as a popular figure in the Pointes, comes from a prominent family. He is the son of the late George Bashara, who was the youngest appeals court judge in Michigan history.

George Bashara, a 33rd-degree Mason, served on Wayne State University's Board of Governors, was a former president of the Detroit College of Law, and served on the State Advisory Commission on Drug Abuse and Alcoholism.

He also was a Wayne County Probate and Circuit Court judge.

Bashara, known as Big Bob — a license plate on his SUV reads "Big Bobb" — served as president of the Grosse Pointe Rotary Club and was involved in various charities.

49. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454 ... LastLast