1024 users online (198 members and 826 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

POI in Lindsey's Case

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...learygirl.html

The Grays Harbor sheriff's office has released a video as part of the continuing investigation into the disappearance of a girl in McCleary.

Investigators would like to talk to two women seen in the McCleary convenience store video taken the same day Lindsey Baum disappeared.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v0mcEYkNyWXM

when tried the video was unavailable

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I...139031194.html

After the video was released on Thursday, the two women were quickly identified by friends as two sisters who live in McCleary. Detectives plan to interview them at the earliest opportunity.
    Zahra
    Hear The Children

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    I'm in McCleary now

Lots of media but nothing much seems to be going on.

Wow! This really made my heart skip a beat. Could this actually bring about some answers??

Wait a sec

I swear I saw this story the other day and it was worded MUCH different! The video I saw was of a man making a purchase in a convenience store and 2 women in therre shopping as well. From what I read the other day, police wanted to interview the women BECAUSE of the man that was in there. Apparently the man was on their radar early into the investigation and he said he wasn't in town that day. When police spoke with him when they reviewed this video recently (as I think they were going back through everything and matching up statements, etc), he advised he must have forgotten he had made a quick stop in town at the deli as he was a volunteer firefighter that was putting out a fire in the neighboring town - so he had to go through in order to get there.

Dang it! Wish me luck as I try to locate it again!
    Last edited by Jersey*Girl; 02-11-2012 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Typo

Is SeriouslySearching around still? She followed this case closely. I know she'd be interested in updates.

I'll msg her.

Found it!

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Vide...139030629.html

Snipped:

MCCLEARY, Wash. – Investigators plan to interview to two women seen on surveillance video talking to a man considered a person of interest in the case of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum.
    KING 5 News has learned the man told investigators he was not in town when Baum disappeared on June 26, 2009, but the video contradicts that.

Snipped:
    The time stamp on the video is 9:20 p.m. That's close to when Baum, who was 10 at the time, disappeared while walking home.

Snipped:
    The man tells KING 5 it is him on the video and admits he told police he wasn’t in McCleary. However, he said that he was working as volunteer firefighter in both Mason and Grays Harbor Counties and forgot he stopped at the store while driving between locations.
    "I don't remember going into that mini-mart," he said.

From Jerseygirls link above

The man is one of several persons of interest in the case. Scott said the man will likely remain a person of interest no matter what the women have to say for other reasons. The sheriff's office would not elaborate and has not released his name.

Is he a RSO?

Please let this be a step in the right direction. Dear God please.

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    From Jerseygirls link above

The man is one of several persons of interest in the case. Scott said the man will likely remain a person of interest no matter what the women have to say for other reasons. The sheriff's office would not elaborate and has not released his name.

Is he a RSO?
    I don't think so bc he's a volunteer firefighter. I'm not sure what the rules are on that. I'm thinking no but again I know the area I live in is strict with that, they're not allowed. Are they allowed to volunteer there?

If he was on their radar already, and they did not even know for sure that he was in town, then there must be a good reason for their suspicions. Cannot wait to hear it.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    I don't think so bc he's a volunteer firefighter. I'm not sure what the rules are on that. I'm thinking no but again I know the area I live in is strict with that, they're not allowed. Are they allowed to volunteer there?
    Well something in his background is keeping him a "person of interest" regardless of what the women say. What could that be? Not being snarky just wondering what has him on the radar.

I really don't know what the rule around here is for Volunteer fireman...I mean they're volunteer. I do hope there's a rule here though that would prevent them from serving with the VFD.

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    He could be a volunteer firefighter, but have been accused or potentially implicated in some pending cases. He would still be a volunteer firefighter, until something was PROVEN in some way, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    If he was on their radar already, and they did not even know for sure that he was in town, then there must be a good reason for their suspicions. Cannot wait to hear it.
    I agree. Remember early on le was asking for the public's help to report things they saw, even suspicions, bc they were at a dead pause? Maybe some citizens noticed something. I also read he was in on some of the first searches for Lindsey.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    He could be a volunteer firefighter, but have been accused or potentially implicated in some pending cases. He would still be a volunteer firefighter, until something was PROVEN in some way, imo.
    Yeah that's right. Mom asked if he's RSO though. He'd have had to of been convicted if made an RSO. Could it be comparable to somebody scooting under the radar? Maybe. I hope it's not him, seriously a volunteer firefighter? That'd be uber disheartening.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast