POI in Lindsey's Case

fhc

Reaction score
I'm in McCleary now

Lots of media but nothing much seems to be going on.

Wow! This really made my heart skip a beat. Could this actually bring about some answers??

Wait a sec :waitasec:

I swear I saw this story the other day and it was worded MUCH different! The video I saw was of a man making a purchase in a convenience store and 2 women in therre shopping as well. From what I read the other day, police wanted to interview the women BECAUSE of the man that was in there. Apparently the man was on their radar early into the investigation and he said he wasn't in town that day. When police spoke with him when they reviewed this video recently (as I think they were going back through everything and matching up statements, etc), he advised he must have forgotten he had made a quick stop in town at the deli as he was a volunteer firefighter that was putting out a fire in the neighboring town - so he had to go through in order to get there.

Dang it! Wish me luck as I try to locate it again!

Is SeriouslySearching around still? She followed this case closely. I know she'd be interested in updates.

I'll msg her. :blowkiss:

Found it!

http://www.king5.com/news/local/Video-offers-new-clues-in-Lindsey-Baum-case-139030629.html

Baum_person_of_interest.jpg

Snipped:

MCCLEARY, Wash. – Investigators plan to interview to two women seen on surveillance video talking to a man considered a person of interest in the case of missing McCleary girl Lindsey Baum.
KING 5 News has learned the man told investigators he was not in town when Baum disappeared on June 26, 2009, but the video contradicts that.

Snipped:
The time stamp on the video is 9:20 p.m. That's close to when Baum, who was 10 at the time, disappeared while walking home.

Snipped:
The man tells KING 5 it is him on the video and admits he told police he wasn’t in McCleary. However, he said that he was working as volunteer firefighter in both Mason and Grays Harbor Counties and forgot he stopped at the store while driving between locations.
"I don't remember going into that mini-mart," he said.

From Jerseygirls link above

The man is one of several persons of interest in the case. Scott said the man will likely remain a person of interest no matter what the women have to say for other reasons. The sheriff's office would not elaborate and has not released his name.

Is he a RSO?

Please let this be a step in the right direction. Dear God please.

From Jerseygirls link above

The man is one of several persons of interest in the case. Scott said the man will likely remain a person of interest no matter what the women have to say for other reasons. The sheriff's office would not elaborate and has not released his name.

Is he a RSO?

I don't think so bc he's a volunteer firefighter. I'm not sure what the rules are on that. I'm thinking no but again I know the area I live in is strict with that, they're not allowed. Are they allowed to volunteer there?

If he was on their radar already, and they did not even know for sure that he was in town, then there must be a good reason for their suspicions. Cannot wait to hear it.

I don't think so bc he's a volunteer firefighter. I'm not sure what the rules are on that. I'm thinking no but again I know the area I live in is strict with that, they're not allowed. Are they allowed to volunteer there?

Well something in his background is keeping him a "person of interest" regardless of what the women say. What could that be?:waitasec: Not being snarky just wondering what has him on the radar.

I really don't know what the rule around here is for Volunteer fireman...I mean they're volunteer. I do hope there's a rule here though that would prevent them from serving with the VFD.

He could be a volunteer firefighter, but have been accused or potentially implicated in some pending cases. He would still be a volunteer firefighter, until something was PROVEN in some way, imo.

If he was on their radar already, and they did not even know for sure that he was in town, then there must be a good reason for their suspicions. Cannot wait to hear it.

I agree. Remember early on le was asking for the public's help to report things they saw, even suspicions, bc they were at a dead pause? Maybe some citizens noticed something. I also read he was in on some of the first searches for Lindsey.

He could be a volunteer firefighter, but have been accused or potentially implicated in some pending cases. He would still be a volunteer firefighter, until something was PROVEN in some way, imo.

Yeah that's right. Mom asked if he's RSO though. He'd have had to of been convicted if made an RSO. Could it be comparable to somebody scooting under the radar? Maybe. I hope it's not him, seriously a volunteer firefighter? That'd be uber disheartening.

Well something in his background is keeping him a "person of interest" regardless of what the women say. What could that be?:waitasec: Not being snarky just wondering what has him on the radar.

I really don't know what the rule around here is for Volunteer fireman...I mean they're volunteer. I do hope there's a rule here though that would prevent them from serving with the VFD.

I agree. I'm wondering about his help on some initial searches. Could he have aroused some people's suspicions? Kinda ironic he'd "forget" he swung through town after leaving a fire but he knows the circumstances and date of Lindsey's disappearance bc he helped search. He knows the date of her disappearance, how the heck could he forget about a fire he attended the same day? I mean, he said he forgot about stopping at that market on his way back but it doesn't add up. That's pretty convenient.

I agree. Remember early on le was asking for the public's help to report things they saw, even suspicions, bc they were at a dead pause? Maybe some citizens noticed something. I also read he was in on some of the first searches for Lindsey.

He said he was on some of the first searches for Lindsey. This is untrue.

He showed up about midnight on the night Lindsey went missing in an area near Lindseys home. When MB noticed him she became suspicious and approached him. He said he'd heard about "that little girl who was missing" on his fire department radio and was looking for her. He asked if MB was "that little girls mom". When she said yes he offered to take her out behind the Simpson door plant to search. They searched for about an hour and then left.

He never helped search again. He also wasn't very friendly when we were having searches in town. Refused to hang her flier in his store and every time we hung one up near his store it was torn down (I have no proof it was him.. but it sure seems odd to me)

His home and business were searched last October. Never did hear about anything coming from that.

It is MY OPINION that LE is on to something. He's been on my radar for a very long time.

Jennifer THANK YOU!

Kimster, could you please tell me if I'm allowed to search & post his info bc according to that interview, he's a person of interest that has been caught in a lie. I'd like to look at where he lives, used to live, if he's been in trouble anywhere before, his business, habits, volunteerism, yadayada.

Kimster, nvm. I just found where some info on him was posted awhile ago, right here on WS. Here's what was posted & thank you to elephor50.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-86173.html

elephor's post:
JVK went to McCleary and took a ton of pictures (thanks) and spoke with some folks in the town. One of the persons whom JVK spoke with - someone who worked at the Hartman's Jewelry store indicated that "Lindsey was up to no good" or something along that line. The Jewelry store is owned by Tim Hartman and information has not come easy when tracking down this guy but here are a couple of tidbits re Tim who owns the store. Haven't been able to find who the two employees are as yet.

Birthdate Info: http://usefulwork.com/cgi-bin/wavoterdb.cgi?svid=WA001082569

Information on the store itself: http://www.manta.com/company/mm4zfbx

Business Categories
Jewelry in Mccleary, WA
Whol Jewelry/Precious Stones

Tim Hartman Jewelry Repair Business Information: Tim Hartman Jewelry Repair is a private company categorized under Jewelry and located in Mccleary, WA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $125,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back