1005 users online (174 members and 831 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    Well something in his background is keeping him a "person of interest" regardless of what the women say. What could that be? Not being snarky just wondering what has him on the radar.

I really don't know what the rule around here is for Volunteer fireman...I mean they're volunteer. I do hope there's a rule here though that would prevent them from serving with the VFD.
    I agree. I'm wondering about his help on some initial searches. Could he have aroused some people's suspicions? Kinda ironic he'd "forget" he swung through town after leaving a fire but he knows the circumstances and date of Lindsey's disappearance bc he helped search. He knows the date of her disappearance, how the heck could he forget about a fire he attended the same day? I mean, he said he forgot about stopping at that market on his way back but it doesn't add up. That's pretty convenient.

JenniferO is offline Fear has a large shadow, but she herself is small.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jersey*Girl View Post
    I agree. Remember early on le was asking for the public's help to report things they saw, even suspicions, bc they were at a dead pause? Maybe some citizens noticed something. I also read he was in on some of the first searches for Lindsey.
    He said he was on some of the first searches for Lindsey. This is untrue.

He showed up about midnight on the night Lindsey went missing in an area near Lindseys home. When MB noticed him she became suspicious and approached him. He said he'd heard about "that little girl who was missing" on his fire department radio and was looking for her. He asked if MB was "that little girls mom". When she said yes he offered to take her out behind the Simpson door plant to search. They searched for about an hour and then left.

He never helped search again. He also wasn't very friendly when we were having searches in town. Refused to hang her flier in his store and every time we hung one up near his store it was torn down (I have no proof it was him.. but it sure seems odd to me)

His home and business were searched last October. Never did hear about anything coming from that.

It is MY OPINION that LE is on to something. He's been on my radar for a very long time.

Jennifer THANK YOU!

Kimster, could you please tell me if I'm allowed to search & post his info bc according to that interview, he's a person of interest that has been caught in a lie. I'd like to look at where he lives, used to live, if he's been in trouble anywhere before, his business, habits, volunteerism, yadayada.

Kimster, nvm. I just found where some info on him was posted awhile ago, right here on WS. Here's what was posted & thank you to elephor50.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/arc...p/t-86173.html

elephor's post:
    JVK went to McCleary and took a ton of pictures (thanks) and spoke with some folks in the town. One of the persons whom JVK spoke with - someone who worked at the Hartman's Jewelry store indicated that "Lindsey was up to no good" or something along that line. The Jewelry store is owned by Tim Hartman and information has not come easy when tracking down this guy but here are a couple of tidbits re Tim who owns the store. Haven't been able to find who the two employees are as yet.

Birthdate Info: http://usefulwork.com/cgi-bin/wavote...id=WA001082569

Information on the store itself: http://www.manta.com/company/mm4zfbx

Business Categories
    Jewelry in Mccleary, WA
    Whol Jewelry/Precious Stones

Tim Hartman Jewelry Repair Business Information: Tim Hartman Jewelry Repair is a private company categorized under Jewelry and located in Mccleary, WA. Current estimates show this company has an annual revenue of $125,000 and employs a staff of approximately 2.

Person of interest identified in Lindsey Baum disappearance

Tim Hartman, owner of Hartman's Jewelry and Repair in McCleary, admits he "unintentionally" gave false information to authorities about his whereabouts on the night Lindsey vanished. But he maintains his innocence, saying he knows nothing about what happened to the girl and actually helped in the search for her.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I...139031194.html

Hartman tells KOMO News he made an ambulance run later in the evening of June 26, and when he returned to McCleary, the search for Lindsey already was under way.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/I...139031194.html

Should be easy enough to determine if he truly made an ambulance run later that very evening. I just have to wonder if he was actually disposing of Lindsey's body though. I'd really like to see the ambulance run confirmed by dispatch or LE.

I'm finding an another address for him in addition to the one in McCleary.

What made LE suspicious of him in the first place?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    What made LE suspicious of him in the first place?
    I believe it was conflicting stories about where he was that night.

You can read his story in this article
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/139031194.html
    He originally told LE that he was at a class an hour away from McCleary that ended at 9pm. LE found out the class ended at 8:15pm.
    He told them he didn't stop at Mikes, yet the video proves that wrong.
    His story about the night Lindsey went missing (about Chief Crumb asking him to help and the fact that he says he helped search, went home went to bed and came back out at 1am to search again) is mostly untrue. He did help search but it was closer to midnight and Chief Crumb denies asking him to go search.

Has he been cooperating with law enforcement all along, or only allowed himself to be questioned in the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    Has he been cooperating with law enforcement all along, or only allowed himself to be questioned in the beginning?
    I'm not sure. I'm not even sure when they started questioning him. He might have been questioned early on but they didn't do much more because he had an alibi for that night. It was probably after they received information from others that they started blowing holes in his alibi and they started questioning him again. But that is just my opinion of what happened and I shouldn't be quoted on it.

It sounds suspicious, to be sure. Hopefully he'll let us know exactly what happened if he's innocent. In the meantime, he's a named POI so if you guys want to discuss him here, go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferO View Post
    I believe it was conflicting stories about where he was that night.

You can read his story in this article
    http://www.komonews.com/news/local/139031194.html
    He originally told LE that he was at a class an hour away from McCleary that ended at 9pm. LE found out the class ended at 8:15pm.
    He told them he didn't stop at Mikes, yet the video proves that wrong.
    His story about the night Lindsey went missing (about Chief Crumb asking him to help and the fact that he says he helped search, went home went to bed and came back out at 1am to search again) is mostly untrue. He did help search but it was closer to midnight and Chief Crumb denies asking him to go search.
    Thank you. I found the answer to my question in that article. It said that his jewelry store is on the route that Lindsey would have walked home. So he came to their attention initially just like eery other person who lives/works on that route. But something caught LE's attention and he was given two polygraphs, and failed the first one apparently. The second was inconclusive.

Interesting that the video is time stamped just a few minutes AFTER LB was last seen. So speculation is that she would still be in his van outside at the time the video was shot. And people in the comment section said he seemed nervous and was looking out to his van a few times.

Also, in the comment section, somebody posted several court orders about some kind of lawsuits involving him. A dozen altogether. Anyone know what that is all about?

I wonder why Tim Hartman was in court for all these cases:

Hartman, Timothy
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 96-1-0480 07-08-1996

Hartman, Tim
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 Y2-1-D814 06-14-2002

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #2 Y6-2-D387 03-21-2006

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
    Defendant Grays Harbor Dist #2 IN0073620 11-30-2007

These are cases only in Grays Harbor county....he has 3 more in Snohomish county, 4 in Yakima county.

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    Thank you. I found the answer to my question in that article. It said that his jewelry store is on the route that Lindsey would have walked home. So he came to their attention initially just like eery other person who lives/works on that route. But something caught LE's attention and he was given two polygraphs, and failed the first one apparently. The second was inconclusive.

Interesting that the video is time stamped just a few minutes AFTER LB was last seen. So speculation is that she would still be in his van outside at the time the video was shot. And people in the comment section said he seemed nervous and was looking out to his van a few times.

Also, in the comment section, somebody posted several court orders about some kind of lawsuits involving him. A dozen altogether. Anyone know what that is all about?

I wonder why Tim Hartman was in court for all these cases:

Hartman, Timothy
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 96-1-0480 07-08-1996

Hartman, Tim
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #1 Y2-1-D814 06-14-2002

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
    Respondent Grays Harbor Dist #2 Y6-2-D387 03-21-2006

Hartman, Timothy Wayne
    Defendant Grays Harbor Dist #2 IN0073620 11-30-2007

These are cases only in Grays Harbor county....he has 3 more in Snohomish county, 4 in Yakima county.
    I was just about to ask if he'd been arrested before.

It is so sad that it has taken this long to focus on a POI. Where is she?

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast