FL - Operation Tail Feather arrests 23 so far

Reader

Reaction score
Ocala man arrested in child-sex sting

http://www.ocala.com/article/20120210/ARTICLES/120219970&tc=ix

An Ocala man was arrested Friday on charges of using a computer to lure a child for sex as part of Operation Tail Feather, an undercover sting operation by the Gainesville Police Department and the Alachua County Sheriff's Office.

Manuel Simmone Hudson, 33, of 600 SW 30th Ave., was arrested after he went to a specified location to meet deputies based on conversations that he had with undercover detectives during the sting operation.

Hudson is the 23rd man arrested in the sting, which began Feb. 1.

-------
Previous article:

Suspects in child-sex sting may face federal charges

http://www.ocala.com/article/20120207/ARTICLES/120209746?p=1&tc=pg

The 21 men arrested during a recent undercover Internet sting targeting people looking to have sex with minors may face federal charges, which officials say carry significantly harsher penalties.

At a news conference Tuesday where officials detailed the weeklong Operation Tail Feather, Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Williams confirmed that his office is preparing to prosecute some or all of the suspects.

He said it was premature to say what federal charges were likely to be filed.

State Attorney Bill Cervone said most of the charges the suspects now face carry a maximum penalty of 15 years under state law. The penalties could double under comparable federal charges, he said.

During the operation that started on Jan. 30 at 3 p.m. and ended Monday at 3 a.m., members of the Gainesville Police Department, Alachua County Sheriff's Office and other agencies answered and posted online ads claiming to be minors or guardians of minors who were looking for sexual partners for the children.

When those who responded to the ads drove to a pre-arranged meeting point in the Gainesville area, they were arrested. The suspects were all between the ages of 19 and 65 and nine of them were from Alachua County or Levy County.

More at links.....

23 arrests? That's impressive. Ages 19-65?

This field is an equal opportunity employer, isn't it?

Good Lord, what a comment from Reader's link:

"...We chatted with hundreds of people and if we had been in hundreds of locations, we could have arrested hundreds..."

Note that you can see each mug shot individually via a slide show.

Also:

"...Those arrested included a graduate student, a truck driver, a physician's assistant and an elementary school teacher. Most were white, some were black and one was Asian. All were men. The diversity of the suspects was something that Kelly pointed out during the news conference. "What does a sexual predator look like? It can look like anyone in this room," Kelly said as he waved his arm to include everyone in the room. "It can be anybody...."

Here's a transcription of the names from the link above, taken from the mug shots. I highly suggest that everyone take a look at the mug shots. Some guys are creepy looking. Most are not at all. Isn't that the scariest part of all?

Anthony Assanti, 34, of Gainesville

Assaf Adam Hazan, 35, of Tampa

Bradley Scott Tison, 19, of Gainesville

Brandon Edward Simmons, 36, of Weirsdale

Charles Edward Mills, 56, of Lake Park, Ga.

Cody Stuart Johnston, 20, of Jacksonville

David Lashley, 49, of Lake City

Erich Alexander Farber II, 32, of Middleburg

Jake Owen Johnson, 25, of Morriston

Jeffrey Raymond Emmons, 26, of High Springs

Jermaine Franklin Davis, 26, of Gainesville (the church mentor)

Jerry Brown, 65, of Jacksonville

Lei Liu, 27, of West Palm Beach

Lenard Sidney Norman, 24, of Gainesville (second grade teacher)

Matthew J. Gendron, 45, of Alachua

Robert Tyler McCord, 21, of Lacrosse

Robert Alan Savicky, 31, of Morriston

Robert Stanley Ziolkowski, 65, Adel, Ga.

Timothy Scott Hiers, 34, Adel, Ga.

Travis Scott Moody, 29, of Jasper

Zebediah Jordon Daugherty, 23, of Leesburg

Richard Douglas Jernigan, 30, of Ocala

http://www.fox30jax.com/mostpopular...tor-in-Alachua-Co/gn_KmHQCYUOnseE8bsye8w.cspx

"....According to [Sgt. Todd] Kelly, other suspects showed up with sex toys, used and unused condoms, and bondage paraphernalia. But what was really disturbing, Kelly says, was that many showed up with guns.

"What's scary about this is you don't know what their intentions were. They came to fulfill some sort of fantasy and they could have had other motives that could have resulted in death in some of these cases," said Kelly...."

more at link

Missizzy, I copied out all the names onto my computer so I can go back and check on them and see what sentences they received. I will post it here when I start getting conviction information on them.

I found those late last night after I'd gone to bed. I wanted to go to sleep and turned off the light. But those names haunted me. I turned the light back on and cut and pasted each one of those guys' names and studied their mugshots. I decided that we've got to get those names out there....for the victims. It will be very helpful, Belinda, to know the outcome. I hope they each do prison time. God only knows how many real children each has offended. These guys did not just up and start this behavior last month.

The comment about there being 100s more, if they only had the resources, really disturbs me. And guns??? What in heck were these guys planning to do with guns?

Missizzy and Belinda, thanks for all the extra work you do on these cases for the children!

Whoa, whoa, what's the chances two perverts showed up from Adel, Georgia?

Now I so have to look that up.

Good question. 5344 people. Originally named Puddleville. Hmmmm.

An article about the two from Adel:

http://www.walb.com/story/16901481/...internet-child-sex-sting?clienttype=printable

"Two men from Adel were among those arrested in the operation in Florida. More than 40 local, State, and federal officers took part in the operation last week in Gainesville. Child advocates in south Georgia say parents need to understand predators are out there looking for young victims. The two Adel men were arrested at the same Gainesville, Florida gas station last week on back to back days. Investigators say they went there expecting to have sex with 11 and 13 year girls.

In 'Operation Tail Feather,' on February 1st, 34-year-old Timothy Hiers of Adel was arrested at a gas station about 9:45pm. He's a truck driver, and the day before he arranged over the Internet to meet who he thought was a 13-year-old girl for sex...."

and

"...On February 2nd 65 year old Robert Ziolkowski of Adel was arrested at the same Gainesville gas station. Over the Internet he thought he was arranging for sex with an 11-year-old girl arranged by her father. In his pocket, two condoms...."

more at link

CHILLING!!

David Lashley

FB

https://www.facebook.com/davidlashley0#!/davidlashley0?sk=wall

David seems to have God on his side right now.

His take on a great relationship and what it encompasses is ironic.

Ummmmmmmmmmm, that wouldn't include arranging to have sex with who you think is a 14 year old ya freak. Plus God's not real down with that, Davey.

I can't be sure about this but I have a sense that this particular crime--trying to set up a sexual assault of a child--is not a team sport, such as trading child *advertiser censored*. I could be wrong but I think that most of these guys are lone wolves--out there pursuing their sick fantasies. Did anyone see mention of any of the perps showing up with cameras? I suppose I could be all wet and they planned to film the "date" for sharing. Hmmmm. Sick sick sick.

Hopefully these two arrests in such a small town will cause local folks to ask some hard questions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back