696 users online (86 members and 610 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Hotel worker sees Josh & boys day Susan reported missing

"Among the new information detectives have received lately: A hotel worker in Sandy, Utah, 17 miles south of Salt Lake City, told them Josh Powell and the boys showed up for a continental breakfast the day Susan Powell was reported missing."

Snipped

"Charlie looked right up at me and he says, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?' So I say, 'No, what happened to your mom?"' Snyder told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She never got an answer. She was called to fetch coffee for guests and when she returned, Josh Powell had left with his boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14...ecycling-site/

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

If this is being discussed elsewhere I apologize. I just saw it on NW Cable News and then googled it. This woman called the tip line after this case began making news and was never contacted until recently??? I am speechless. Especially given what she alleges little CP said "Do you know what happened to my mom?"

Lindsey Baum, Elizabeth Olten, Shantina Smiley/Azriel Carver, Susan Powell, Rachel Anderson, Kyron Horman, Isabel Celis, Sierra Newbold, Lyric Cook & Elizabeth Collins, Christopher Marks, Reena Williams - NEVER FORGOTTEN

Nice camping trip with a hot continental breakfast at a hotel . . . wow - what happened to Susan? Where is she?

I know she is with her boys in Heaven.
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

Quote Originally Posted by Jules71 View Post
    "Among the new information detectives have received lately: A hotel worker in Sandy, Utah, 17 miles south of Salt Lake City, told them Josh Powell and the boys showed up for a continental breakfast the day Susan Powell was reported missing."

Snipped

"Charlie looked right up at me and he says, 'Do you know what happened to my mom?' So I say, 'No, what happened to your mom?"' Snyder told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

She never got an answer. She was called to fetch coffee for guests and when she returned, Josh Powell had left with his boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14...ecycling-site/
    Great lead. He stayed in a hotel with the kids in Sandy, Utah. The kids are asking about their mom BEFORE she's reported missing. He didn't use his name to rent a room, if he did.

Snyder learned from her bosses that Josh Powell hadn't taken a room in his name, although he was in the breakfast room when she arrived for work about 6:30 a.m.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/14...#ixzz1mPYBmTko

Quote Originally Posted by krimekat View Post
    Nice camping trip with a hot continental breakfast at a hotel . . . wow - what happened to Susan? Where is she?

I know she is with her boys in Heaven.
    He wasn't registered as a guest under his name but apparently there for breakfast. Can this be for real? If it were me with this info I would have kept contacting detectives until someone talked to me. Did she tell her supervisor? Why didn't they save the surveillance tapes?

I am sure it would be really easy to sneak in to a hotel for breakfast. They aren't usually watched that closely. He just showed up for a freebie after "camping" all night.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Staying in a hotel makes sense though. Sleeping in a tent after midnight (having to pitch a tent in the dark is difficult, especially with two kids) in the cold is not feasible to me. He must have stayed in the hotel and used another name. JMO

It's a Comfort Inn.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Staying in a hotel makes sense though. Sleeping in a tent after midnight (having to pitch a tent in the dark is difficult, especially with two kids) in the cold is not feasible to me. He must have stayed in the hotel and used another name. JMO
    By law you have to have an ID and car license plate I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Could he have used someone else's car?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Fessel View Post
    Could have had fake ID and just fudged the plate # - no one usually checks. Hopefully LE has contacted everyone registered that night.

I think he was busy all night and just dropped in with the boys hoping for a free breakfast.. It was late when he left the house .....

imo

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Not to mention that if you had spent some time out in the weather the day or night before, and if it involved either digging or burning then a warm shower might be needed.

I'm always leery of those stories that show up months or years after the crime was in the media. But I have seen in other cases where sometimes a person makes a report to the tip line, and when no one gets back to them they drop it. But it happens.

Look how many times it took the meter reader in the A case.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

So I am thinking he didn't stay there either. If he didn't leave his house until after midnight then he wouldn't be checking into a hotel in the middle of the night most likely. And the front desk might have remembered him if he tried to check in at 6:30 am. Very strange.

How far away was this from their home?

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast