1027 users online (220 members and 807 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Powell's Graham house a 'fake,' investigators say

I wasn't sure where to put this info. If there is a better place please merge. TIA.

Powell's Graham house a 'fake,' investigators say

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=1922...cid=featured-1

Investigators in Pierce County, Wash., are calling home that Josh Powell set fire to on Feb. 5 an elaborate "ruse."

At a recent town hall-style meeting with the former neighbors in Graham, authorities said Powell did not live in that house.
    More at link.

Stunning...So where was he really living? At SP's house?

Quote Originally Posted by GreenTeam View Post
    Stunning...So where was he really living? At SP's house?
    That's what I read in another article. That way he would have Alina to cook and clean for him.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

It is really too bad that LE did not figure out that Josh's house was a ruse before he blew up that house and murdered his kids. If he was still living at his father's house...why oh why, did LE not know that? I am beginning to think that LE in Utah and WA are throwing anything out there now to try to CYA.

I think they may have known he wasn't staying there very much and using it as a ruse, but I'm sure they had NO IDEA he would use it to murder his boys.

LE can't follow him around 24/7, nor can they be a fly on the wall in the house to see if he is actually "living" there.

I wonder if CPS knew he wasn't really living there? Different ball game if they did? Or I wonder if they wouldn't care and would just consider it a place to have supervised visits, knowing the kids wouldn't live there?

Some rules/laws need to change and better communication between all parties needs to happen in the future.

JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sulamith View Post
    It is really too bad that LE did not figure out that Josh's house was a ruse before he blew up that house and murdered his kids. If he was still living at his father's house...why oh why, did LE not know that? I am beginning to think that LE in Utah and WA are throwing anything out there now to try to CYA.
    We are told that DFS "checked the house" before visits were allowed. How closely did they check? Open closets and cabinets in the kitchen? Was the place furnished? Details sure will be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by dovebar View Post
    We are told that DFS "checked the house" before visits were allowed. How closely did they check? Open closets and cabinets in the kitchen? Was the place furnished? Details sure will be interesting.
    Probably stuffed it with all the furnishings from his Utah house. I heard he hung pictures of Susan all around as well. Then burned it down.
    Justice is the constant and perpetual will to allot to every man his due. Domitus Ulpian

Did JP tell the courts he had moved into his own place after SP's arrest or was he told he had to move out in order to see his kids?

I thought I remembered this from an early custody hearing, but I could be remembering wrong. Either way I still believe JP is responsible for the murder of Charlie and Braden, I feel that he would have done this no matter where he saw the kids, no matter what obstacles he faced. Those were HIS KIDS and no one was going to tell him he couldn't have them.

So, the Saturday night prior to the fire, Josh stayed with Alina at SP's house?

If so, how could she not pick up on something was about to happen and that he definitely WAS supposed to have visitation with the kids that Sunday; therefore, she knew the kids WERE INDEED there when she made her 911 call.

I think I read somewhere that these were bi-weekly visits and that Sunday would have made the 24th visit.

<modsnip>

Knowledge is power. If Alina had the knowledge, she could have changed the situation and prevented this from happening. She should be held accountable for anything she knew and she didn't prevent.

I WANT CONFIRMATION THAT IT WAS INDEED JOSH POWELL'S CORPSE IN THAT HOUSE.
    Last edited by bessie; 02-15-2012 at 02:49 AM. Reason: we don't bash anyone on Websleuths

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130654258.html

"He told a judge he'd be moving out of the house and that his family would not be posting bail for Steve Powell, who remains in the Pierce County Jail. "

Here it sounds like a condition he had to meet for custody:

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/0...strations.html

"State officials told Judge Kathryn Nelson during Wednesday’s hearing that Powell had been abiding by the conditions necessary to regain custody of his sons, including moving out of his father’s house."

Quote Originally Posted by gwenabob View Post
    Probably stuffed it with all the furnishings from his Utah house. I heard he hung pictures of Susan all around as well. Then burned it down.
    That seems possible. But why could firefighters see so easily that it was staged - and DFS couldn't? That is what I am wondering.

People who live across the street, up the street and behind the house’s backyard said Monday they thought the place was abandoned. They had never seen Powell or the boys there.

Detectives believe Powell created a fake home to use for supervised visits with the boys.

"He set it up like a rental place, with pictures of the family," Wood said. "I think it was staged so when CPS (Child Protective Services) came, it would look like a loving family."
    http://www.thenewstribune.com/2012/0...#storylink=cpy

He had just moved into a new place and was living alone. No one would expect his cupboards and closets to be overstuffed. He was probably clever enough to leave just enough clutter around to make the place look lived in.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

This was reported on Dateline or 20/20. They said he had hung up stuff on the walls and had stuff in the living room, toys for the boys, to make it appear that he lived there, but he only went there for the visitation. They had also mentioned they spoke with the landlady and said she rented to Josh because she believed people deserved second chances.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast