Hybrid View

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre

State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-15-2012

A new day and a new thread.

http://www.wral.com/
    ^live link will be up at this site when the trial resumes^
    This bee my opinion

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

This is a duplicate of a reply that I posted on yesterday's thread, but I wanted to make sure to show the source of my calculations.

Please excuse the duplication if you have already read it. Thanks, all.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by PoppyMcTwist [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7602532#post7602532"][/ame]
    Jason really measures 71" from floor to shoulder?

Please refer to Inv. Galloway's testimony re his sketch (not shown to us) of the measurements of Jason Young -- "Day 7, pt.1" in the WRAL listing of full testimony, occurring from 01:39 -- 04:00, where he states each length as I listed it in my post that you cite.

I just listened to Galloway's testimony as solicited by Becky Holt.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m.../#/vid10727974

I just added up the pieces as explicitly given -- I would assume there is some overlap in doing it this way -- I do not know the proper method for allowing for this -- and no measurement was cited by Galloway for the length from wrist to fingertips nor for shoulder to top of head (not appropriate for my calculation). Crude calculations, to be sure, but that's what was given, so I used verbatim what was said.

I also remember Elmer Goad's testimony when he talked about going up the ladder to re-connect the unplugged camera: "...It would be easy for someone six feet tall to do this without a ladder.." -- or something to that effect. And he stated that he himself was 5'10".

Just re-capping the testimony, Poppy. It would be great if someone who knows how to properly put these measurements together would calculate the actual length of Mr. Young from feet to tip of fingers, but I do not know how, and neither do we know the length of his hand from wrist to fingertips.
    Last edited by borndem; 02-15-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

I have a question, if anybody knows the answer... The newspaper carrier testified she saw a light colored suv at the house at 3:30a. Does anyone know if the suv she saw was parked in the same spot that they took tire track moldings from? I'm trying to figure out if these tire tracks are useful to the pros.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to heidisams For This Useful Post:

Incriminating, yes

Yes they would/will be useful if the tread pattern matches JY vehicle tires and the witness can definitively testify that it was that morning 11/3 that the vehicle was parked there.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sureLocke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sureLocke View Post
    Yes they would/will be useful if the tread pattern matches JY vehicle tires and the witness can definitively testify that it was that morning 11/3 that the vehicle was parked there.

Okay... so the tire track moldings came from the spot that the witness said she saw the vehicle parked at, at 3:30a that night? The light colored suv? Thx...I was trying to find info on that. There's so much to go through to get up to date....

Non issue

Quote Originally Posted by heidisams View Post
    Okay... so the tire track moldings came from the spot that the witness said she saw the vehicle parked at, at 3:30a that night? The light colored suv? Thx...I was trying to find info on that. There's so much to go through to get up to date....
    Thanks to clarification from JTF, this is a non issue.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLocke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sureLocke View Post
    Might the tire tracks help, too, simply because they are identifiable? They don't rule out a mystery vehicle full of goth murderers, but they certainly don't point to one either.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bottle Cap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bottle Cap View Post
    Might the tire tracks help, too, simply because they are identifiable? They don't rule out a mystery vehicle full of goth murderers, but they certainly don't point to one either.
    Same as jLY's DNA and prints all over the home. He lived there, so evidence his SUV was in the driveway is expected....now if the tracks were parallel to the house, that would be huge.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Have they ever mentioned any other crime around their neighborhood before or after Michelles death?

17. The Following User Says Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

I have a question, if anybody knows the answer... The newspaper carrier testified she saw a light colored suv at the house at 3:30a. Does anyone know if the suv she saw was parked in the same spot that they took tire track moldings from? I'm trying to figure out if these tire tracks are useful to the pros.
    heidi, from the last trial, the tracks were just off the left side of the driveway. The SBI said they were consistent with a Michelin tire that could have been on JLY's SUV. He lived there, so there was nothing that really became of it.

The newspaper lady saw his SUV parallel to the house, either in the yard or actually closer to the street.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

No, a different place.

MyBelle:There is no video of the shirt IN his luggage. A shirt can't be proved missing from luggage if there is no proof it was ever in it.

JMO
    I don't follow you.

22. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Did yesterday finish with Galloway still on the stand or are we onto someone new? I got tied up and missed a few hours and haven't had time to catch up on wrals vid yet. TIA
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Sleuther View Post
    Did yesterday finish with Galloway still on the stand or are we onto someone new? I got tied up and missed a few hours and haven't had time to catch up on wrals vid yet. TIA
    WCSO Investigator Sternberg is still up.
    He opened the door for Ms Money and affair...she followed him last trial...we'll see if she comes later this AM?

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

JTF, do you have the pics from inside the house? I'm specifically looking for the bloody footprints in C's bathroom and the photos from the master br. Thx
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

JTF, do you have the pics from inside the house? I'm specifically looking for the bloody footprints in C's bathroom and the photos from the master br. Thx
    Here is a good link for the house photos from the last trial...

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m...llery/9727548/

28. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Bathroom Photo
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/...35_634x436.jpg
    Daily Mail Article
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ness-trip.html

30. The Following User Says Thank You to enzeder For This Useful Post:

Heidisams: "I didn't follow this case during the 1st trial, however, I had seen the initial coverage in Nov '06. I've been getting caught up over the last several days , and will have several questions for you here soon. From everything I've seen so far, I don't see how it could've been anyone else but jy. I'm really surprised at what some of the In Session contributors are saying. Yesterday they had doubts that jy could've done this, because "he would've left something behind in the house." And that "he would've had to of been really good." Obviously somebody did it! Whoever did it was really good. Why not him? In fact, it makes more sense if it was him. He's the one person that would've had the opportunity to change his clothes, shoes, and have time on his side for any cleanup... I think he had a murder kit waiting for him in his closet with change of clothes, shoes, garbage bags, maybe even washcloths, etc...
    Unless, of course, the "real killer" is some child loving dude who brought some clothes, shoes, cleanup supplies, etc. with him. Yeah, that makes more sense.

And I agree with all your posts about coincidences... To many in this case to not add up to anything but guilt!
    "
    I like your thinking Heidisams!

32. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ohiogirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Heidisams: "I didn't follow this case during the 1st trial, however, I had seen the initial coverage in Nov '06. I've been getting caught up over the last several days , and will have several questions for you here soon. From everything I've seen so far, I don't see how it could've been anyone else but jy. I'm really surprised at what some of the In Session contributors are saying. Yesterday they had doubts that jy could've done this, because "he would've left something behind in the house." And that "he would've had to of been really good." Obviously somebody did it! Whoever did it was really good. Why not him? In fact, it makes more sense if it was him. He's the one person that would've had the opportunity to change his clothes, shoes, and have time on his side for any cleanup... I think he had a murder kit waiting for him in his closet with change of clothes, shoes, garbage bags, maybe even washcloths, etc...
    Unless, of course, the "real killer" is some child loving dude who brought some clothes, shoes, cleanup supplies, etc. with him. Yeah, that makes more sense.

And I agree with all your posts about coincidences... To many in this case to not add up to anything but guilt!
    "
    I agree 100%... it makes more/most sense if it was him. Too many coincidences do add up.
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

34. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohiogirl View Post
    Unless, of course, the "real killer" is some child loving dude who brought some clothes, shoes, cleanup supplies, etc. with him. Yeah, that makes more sense
    "
    That is what I kept saying to myself as IN SESSION talking heads kept saying that JY was not capable of committing this murder.... He was at home, the perfect place to clean up!! Plus the WATER HOSE outside that he even just left running is to me a tell tale clue. Left running and outside, I am not a scientist but I think the blood would be so diluted it would be gone so to speak. That is why blood was not even in the drain traps inside.

What does give me comfort about IN SESSION over the years they have been terribly wrong about many cases.

36. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to calamityjane831 For This Useful Post:

Can someone remind me the significance of the rock versus the twig? When was each used?

38. The Following User Says Thank You to mattfz For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mattfz View Post
    Can someone remind me the significance of the rock versus the twig? When was each used?
    I believe he admitted using a 'twig' from a bush to prop the exit door open... but a rock was noticed by hotel personel as actually holding the door open that night.

edit: Landscape rocks were also within reach while still holding the door open.
    Last edited by dgfred; 02-15-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: wrong about landscape rocks corrected
    The Seeker / Sports Freak /

40. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dgfred For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dgfred View Post
    No rock would be within reach while still holding the door open, unless it was planned beforehand .
    That part isn't true. It would be easier to reach down and over and grab one of the landscaping rocks.

42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    That part isn't true. It would be easier to reach down and over and grab one of the landscaping rocks.
    I thought they said those lava rocks wouldnt hold the door?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I thought they said those lava rocks wouldnt hold the door?
    You have it backwards. It's the twig that would not hold the door open UNLESS it was used in a very specific way, at a specific point in the doorframe. The lava rock is exactly what was found propping that door open.

45. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Madeleine74 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast