State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-15-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a duplicate of a reply that I posted on yesterday's thread, but I wanted to make sure to show the source of my calculations.

Please excuse the duplication if you have already read it. Thanks, all.
--------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by PoppyMcTwist
Jason really measures 71" from floor to shoulder?

Please refer to Inv. Galloway's testimony re his sketch (not shown to us) of the measurements of Jason Young -- "Day 7, pt.1" in the WRAL listing of full testimony, occurring from 01:39 -- 04:00, where he states each length as I listed it in my post that you cite.

I just listened to Galloway's testimony as solicited by Becky Holt.

http://www.wral.com/specialreports/m.../#/vid10727974

I just added up the pieces as explicitly given -- I would assume there is some overlap in doing it this way -- I do not know the proper method for allowing for this -- and no measurement was cited by Galloway for the length from wrist to fingertips nor for shoulder to top of head (not appropriate for my calculation). Crude calculations, to be sure, but that's what was given, so I used verbatim what was said.

I also remember Elmer Goad's testimony when he talked about going up the ladder to re-connect the unplugged camera: "...It would be easy for someone six feet tall to do this without a ladder.." -- or something to that effect. And he stated that he himself was 5'10".

Just re-capping the testimony, Poppy. It would be great if someone who knows how to properly put these measurements together would calculate the actual length of Mr. Young from feet to tip of fingers, but I do not know how, and neither do we know the length of his hand from wrist to fingertips.

I have a question, if anybody knows the answer... The newspaper carrier testified she saw a light colored suv at the house at 3:30a. Does anyone know if the suv she saw was parked in the same spot that they took tire track moldings from? I'm trying to figure out if these tire tracks are useful to the pros.

Yes they would/will be useful if the tread pattern matches JY vehicle tires and the witness can definitively testify that it was that morning 11/3 that the vehicle was parked there.

MyBelle:There is no video of the shirt IN his luggage. A shirt can't be proved missing from luggage if there is no proof it was ever in it.

JMO
I don't follow you.

I have a question, if anybody knows the answer... The newspaper carrier testified she saw a light colored suv at the house at 3:30a. Does anyone know if the suv she saw was parked in the same spot that they took tire track moldings from? I'm trying to figure out if these tire tracks are useful to the pros.

heidi, from the last trial, the tracks were just off the left side of the driveway. The SBI said they were consistent with a Michelin tire that could have been on JLY's SUV. He lived there, so there was nothing that really became of it.

The newspaper lady saw his SUV parallel to the house, either in the yard or actually closer to the street.

187342-OKcrimesceneState_Exhibit_1-15-640x426.jpg

Did yesterday finish with Galloway still on the stand or are we onto someone new? I got tied up and missed a few hours and haven't had time to catch up on wrals vid yet. TIA

Yes they would/will be useful if the tread pattern matches JY vehicle tires and the witness can definitively testify that it was that morning 11/3 that the vehicle was parked there.

Okay... so the tire track moldings came from the spot that the witness said she saw the vehicle parked at, at 3:30a that night? The light colored suv? Thx...I was trying to find info on that. There's so much to go through to get up to date....

JTF, do you have the pics from inside the house? I'm specifically looking for the bloody footprints in C's bathroom and the photos from the master br. Thx

Did yesterday finish with Galloway still on the stand or are we onto someone new? I got tied up and missed a few hours and haven't had time to catch up on wrals vid yet. TIA

WCSO Investigator Sternberg is still up.
He opened the door for Ms Money and affair...she followed him last trial...we'll see if she comes later this AM?

Heidisams: "I didn't follow this case during the 1st trial, however, I had seen the initial coverage in Nov '06. I've been getting caught up over the last several days , and will have several questions for you here soon. From everything I've seen so far, I don't see how it could've been anyone else but jy. I'm really surprised at what some of the In Session contributors are saying. Yesterday they had doubts that jy could've done this, because "he would've left something behind in the house." And that "he would've had to of been really good." Obviously somebody did it! Whoever did it was really good. Why not him? In fact, it makes more sense if it was him. He's the one person that would've had the opportunity to change his clothes, shoes, and have time on his side for any cleanup... I think he had a murder kit waiting for him in his closet with change of clothes, shoes, garbage bags, maybe even washcloths, etc...
Unless, of course, the "real killer" is some child loving dude who brought some clothes, shoes, cleanup supplies, etc. with him. Yeah, that makes more sense.

And I agree with all your posts about coincidences... To many in this case to not add up to anything but guilt!
"
I like your thinking Heidisams!

Might the tire tracks help, too, simply because they are identifiable? They don't rule out a mystery vehicle full of goth murderers, but they certainly don't point to one either.

Can someone remind me the significance of the rock versus the twig? When was each used?

Those talking heads (criminal defense attorneys) on those shows are so biased.
They all seem programmed to slant on the side of the defendant, no matter what the evidence.

Might the tire tracks help, too, simply because they are identifiable? They don't rule out a mystery vehicle full of goth murderers, but they certainly don't point to one either.

Same as jLY's DNA and prints all over the home. He lived there, so evidence his SUV was in the driveway is expected....now if the tracks were parallel to the house, that would be huge.

Have they ever mentioned any other crime around their neighborhood before or after Michelles death?

Okay... so the tire track moldings came from the spot that the witness said she saw the vehicle parked at, at 3:30a that night? The light colored suv? Thx...I was trying to find info on that. There's so much to go through to get up to date....

Thanks to clarification from JTF, this is a non issue.

If he had parked parallel to his house but on the lawn, wouldn't there be some other tire tracks or at least indentation showing where a vehicle was parked? I don't understand Tiller's "parallel in the yard" description. I do understand parallel to the house, on the street.

If he had parked parallel to his house but on the lawn, wouldn't there be some other tire tracks or at least indentation showing where a vehicle was parked? I don't understand Tiller's "parallel in the yard" description. I do understand parallel to the house, on the street.

Tiller was very credible until she came to the exact location of the SUV (other than parallel to house)
Was the lift gate open? She said it looked like someone loading/unloading, but saw no people.
I also found it was odd she was a defense witness in the first trial and a state witness now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail