767 users online (122 members and 645 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Healdsburg, WhtFem 961UFCA, 29-39, in Foss Creek, Jan'83

Finally got info on the Jane Doe from 1983.
    Healdsburg Police, the Local LE never heard of Namus!

NOT ON NAMUS/Doe

Healdsburg Jane Doe

Found 1-24-1983
    Age 34 +/- 5 years
    5'4" +/- 3"

Brown hair.

Based on the article, below, the body was NOT skeletanized, so the DofD had to have been fairly recent.

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...p=all&tc=pgall

.....Then-Lt. Joe Palla, now chief of the Santa Rosa Junior College's police department, said at the time that the body appeared to be that of a white, slender and slightly built adult female."

The woman had been wearing denim pants and on one foot wore a black sock and a soft-soled shoe, according to the reports. Police said the body may have been deposited upstream and dislodged by recent rains."

This is all the info that i have, sorry.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-26-2013 at 03:47 AM.

Sounds like Cheryl Lynn Carter

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...er_cheryl.html

... and BTW, like Naso's other victims, her first and last name start with the same letter.

On Jan. 24, 1983, a gardener found a headless and partly decomposed body of an adult woman in Foss Creek behind Simi Winery
    Her head was found later.

the body appeared to be that of a white, slender and slightly built adult female.
    To his credit, the Healdsburg Chief of Police seems very interested in identifying Jane Doe. It's good to know that at least a DNA sample was entered into CODIS when the autopsy was performed last year. Now the trick is to get the information into a public searchable database. From the article I gather the CDOJ is handling that end of things.

Her DNA was uploaded into state and national databases that collect samples from people arrested on suspicion of felony crimes and possibly other databases, Burke said. Investigators hope a DNA sample from one of her relatives might be in the system and come up as a partial match, Burke said.
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article...p=all&tc=pgall

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Healdsburg Police Refer 1983 'Jane Doe' Remains for Advanced DNA Testing

http://healdsburg.patch.com/articles...ed-dna-testing

By Keri Brenner
    April 26, 2012

Body found near Foss Creek still being probed for link to accused serial killer Joseph Naso.

Young said the publicity resulted in at least one lead. A woman from out of state contacted police and said her sister went missing at roughly the same time.

However, Young said this week that Healdsburg detectives working with forensics concluded that the woman's sister "was not a match," Young said. "The timeline was off."
    Is That you, Suzanne?

It's strange that they mention only one possible. I wonder if Cheryl Carter (mentioned above) is even on their radar.

I'll call the detective up Monday, just to be sure. I just tried a few minutes ago, and he's gone for the weekend.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 04-27-2012 at 07:45 PM.

I am trying to turn up the heat, with a few well placed comments publicly placed on appropriate sites, to get this gal, and the unid' "Santa Rosa Hitchhiker" seventh victim entered into Namus/Doe.

I personally submitted the info on the Healdsburg Jane Doe, recently to the Doe Network. I hope against hope they enter her info. I do not believe that I have enough info on SR Jane Doe to get her entered.

I mentioned Cheryl Lynn Carter, and was treated like I am a moron. Oh, ya, ya, we looked at her. This is AFTER i was informed that NO ONE in the dept was familiar with Namus. As there are differing submissions on Doe/Namus, if they are unfamiliar with one database, they should not be rude to the volunteers, who are trying to assist.

It is bad enough that they failed to enter the info, for public purview.
    Whats even more negligent, as far as I am concerned, is that NO ID'ing info has ever been presented to the public. I had to call twice, and the Invest. Officer, had to ask PERMISSION from the Chief to give me a description of Jane!

Have they stated publicly approx when the DOD is? I don't recall seeing it. I know that she was partially decomposed. She was found in the winter, Here that is rainy season. I checked the weather for Santa Rosa, for the week prior to her discovery. (No hx for Heald, that year) and we had over ONE INCH of rain b/w Jan 17-23. Our microclimates here, cause Heald to typically get more rain than SR. This rainy season, Heald has more than 3 in" over SR. Based on this, she could not have been there for very long, if she were only partially decomposed.

Carl, Nick Castenada is the cop that was assigned to the case, when I called
    Good luck..... And, ask why they haven't added her to Namus, after repeated requests, Carl.
    Maureen Russell Baca also fits the J D.

I guess that's me they are talking about.I did talk with them.I believe they told me this Jane Doe was found before my sister came up missing.He said several months before.I can't believe I would be the only lead though.That's sad.
    ALL EVIL NEEDS TO SUCCEED IS FOR GOOD PEOPLE TO DO NOTHING!!!!

I got a call from Det. Nick Castaneda. He was very polite, and said that they had ruled out Cheryl Carter twice in the past based on dental records. But after receiving my message he looked again and saw other details (which he didn't specify) that have convinced him that he should take a third look.

He says that they don't have a DNA profile yet for Cheryl. But he is going to take advantage of other technologies that they haven't yet utilized.

I got another call from Det. Castaneda. He says after a third look, they are certain that this is not Cheryl Carter.

DoeNet just created a casefile for this Jane Doe
    She still is not listed in NamUs.

The Doe Network
    Case 961UFCA
    http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/961ufca.html

No Image Available

Unidentified Female
    Date of Discovery: January 24, 1983
    Location of Discovery: Healdsburg, Sonoma County, California
    Estimated Date of Death: Unknown
    State of Remains: Partial Decomposed - the vicitm's head was detached but found later
    Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
    ** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Date of Birth: 1944-1954
    Estimated Age: 29-39
    Race: Unknown
    Height: 5'1 to 5'7
    Weight: 100-140 lbs
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Unknown

Distinguishing Marks/Features: Unknown

Dentals: Not available
    Fingerprints: Not available
    DNA: Available
    Clothing & Personal Items
    Clothing: Blue Jeans, Soft Soled Shoes, and Black socks

Jewelry: Unknown

Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Case History

On Jan. 24, 1983, a gardener found a headless and partly decomposed body of an adult woman in Foss Creek behind Simi Winery, according to Press Democrat archives. Investigators later found a head during a search of the area. Then-Lt. Joe Palla, now chief of the Santa Rosa Junior College's police department, said at the time that the body appeared to be that of a white, slender and slightly built adult female. The woman had been wearing denim pants and on one foot wore a black sock and a soft-soled shoe, according to the reports. Police said the body may have been deposited upstream and dislodged by recent rains.

There is a new NamUs UP casefile for this Jane Doe, along with a facial reconstruction.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11808

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I got a call from Det. Nick Castaneda. He was very polite, and said that they had ruled out Cheryl Carter twice in the past based on dental records. But after receiving my message he looked again and saw other details (which he didn't specify) that have convinced him that he should take a third look.
    I bet it was the glasses that caused Castaneda to take a second look. They are very similar, but not quite identical.