1550 users online (280 members and 1270 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    The only problem is jewellery is pretty worthless at a pawn shop. Diamonds are really worthless, jewellery stores mark them up 300%, so a $10,000 ring is only going to get you somewhere less than a grand.

My theory is it was a botched robbery. They had to kill Michelle. Maybe Michelle knew them? Or maybe it was a stranger who panicked? They didn't have the heart to kill the little girl though, so they took care of her, cleaned her up away from the scene, then had to return her to the house because they couldn't just keep her.

There's too many holes in the prosecution's theory, and a fictional story makes more sense than JY staying up 24+ hours, driving back and forth hundreds of miles on an empty tank of gas, and making it to his meeting appearing normal.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Agree on the pawn shop idea. The thief would need a fence rather than a pawn shop. Not being in the know on such things, I would surmise that a thief that made his living by heists would use a fence for all of his sales. No thief in his right mind would use a pawn shop, especially a local one. Too little gain and too risky.

Glenn

The only problem is jewellery is pretty worthless at a pawn shop. Diamonds are really worthless, jewellery stores mark them up 300%, so a $10,000 ring is only going to get you somewhere less than a grand.

My theory is it was a botched robbery. They had to kill Michelle. Maybe Michelle knew them? Or maybe it was a stranger who panicked? They didn't have the heart to kill the little girl though, so they took care of her, cleaned her up away from the scene, then had to return her to the house because they couldn't just keep her.

There's too many holes in the prosecution's theory, and a fictional story makes more sense than JY staying up 24+ hours, driving back and forth hundreds of miles on an empty tank of gas, and making it to his meeting appearing normal.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    I also believe it was a botched robbery. I really think Michelle was murdered because she not only awakened but fought back and that enraged her killer.

I don't know how pawn shops operate but my daughter took an antique diamond ring into a jewelry store last week and they offered her $10,000 for it. She declined and took it to another jewelry store and got it appraised for insurance purposes. There are ways to sell jewelry without using a pawn shop.

JMO

I still don't buy as fact that CY was cleaned and removed from the house. This is something that was assumed at some point, but In no way was it proven. Any narrative that includes this theory is, in my opinion, flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by oenophile View Post
    I still don't buy as fact that CY was cleaned and removed from the house. This is something that was assumed at some point, but In no way was it proven. Any narrative that includes this theory is, in my opinion, flawed.
    She was cleaned up somewhere and somehow. Where then? There's no signs of her being cleaned at the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

She was cleaned up somewhere and somehow. Where then? There's no signs of her being cleaned at the house.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    She wasn't necessarily cleaned up, that is a conclusion that some people have come to but not a fact. Most of the blood could have worn off as CY ran around the bathroom and the house.

She wasn't necessarily cleaned up, that is a conclusion that some people have come to but not a fact. Most of the blood could have worn off as CY ran around the bathroom and the house.
    The bathroom had a ceramic tile floor. There is no way for wet blood to "wear off" on a glazed tile floor. This is why people use bath mats in their bathrooms. There was no indication the child left bloody footprints anywhere else in the house other than the master bedroom and her bathroom. This is one point I have to agree with the investigators on. I have no idea why they embraced this theory and later abandoned it.

JMO

CY didn't have to be removed from the house to be cleaned. Her feet could have been rinsed in the toilet and her clothes washed in the washer. It's not a flawed theory that her clothes had no visible sign of blood but tested positive. That was part of the testimony.

JMO because it has been linked repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by MyBelle View Post
    It's not a flawed theory that her clothes had no visible sign of blood but tested positive.
    It has not been established that her clothes had no visible sign of blood. That is a conclusion some people made based on limited evidence. We heard testimony that her pants had blood stains. The only reason that this conclusion was reached was because people claimed that they didn't see blood, but there is no indication that this was anything other than a cursory observation.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7