940 users online (152 members and 788 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    $4,000,000 life insurance, doubled by JLY the month before the murder.
    I'm shocked the prosecution didn't bother to reveal this in the first trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    Gracie is blind...really?

You guys seem to forget that JLY is no less guilty 'if' he had an accomplice.
    Judge Stephens made it very clear the jury could consider he acted in concert.
    Most of your 'doubts' point to a possible accomplice. Again, that has nothing to do with JLY himself being guilty of 1st degree murder
    I don't know if you'd seen her coke bottle glasses?

All of that would've required meticulous planning, and there was no evidence of that. The scoured his computer, emails, and text messages and found no evidence of a plan.
    And the accomplice cleaned off CY, and stayed with her the entire time up until noon when JY called his sister-in-law?
    Or are you suggesting that JY hired someone or promised someone compensation for killing his wife, just don't hurt his daughter. He told the attacker the garage door is unlocked and when he'd be out of town?
    Still, there's no evidence of that. There's also the question of who cleaned CY, and kept her clean for that long, and why wasn't she wearing a diaper. No one washed off the blood at the house, so did someone take CY to another location and bath and change her? No laundry was done recently at the house either. They forgot to bring diapers, and that's why there was no diaper on her. Who had CY? The sister.

I think the police focused all their attention on making a case against JY and did not investigate any alternatives. JY didn't talk to police, and they were offended by that.
    A lawyer once told me, "Never talk to police, no matter what. You may have done something illegal that you didn't even know was illegal, and if you tell the police, you've just confessed to a crime." So, JY adheres to this advice and they target him.

edit: and life insurance isn't instantly given when there's a murder. There's usually an investigation and the husband is suspect number one. If JY is intelligent enough to plan this meticulous murder, without leaving a single snippet of evidence, and with no room for error, how could he be stupid enough not to know that?

There's way too many holes in the prosecution, and I wouldn't be able to say that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, or even suspect him.
    And the 911 call from the sister sounds way off. Why was she never a suspect? Her alibi was that she was drunk at home or where? I forget.
    Last edited by jova33; 12-20-2013 at 01:23 PM. Reason: additional comment

Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Jova33, I think you are posting about the wrong case.

oh, must be. But she did have mental issues?

And one more thing, CY was removed from the scene to be cleaned, and her clothes were washed and dried. Who would JY have left to do this? His mistress didn't live in the same town.

All of that would've required meticulous planning, and there was no evidence of that. The scoured his computer, emails, and text messages and found no evidence of a plan.
    And the accomplice cleaned off CY, and stayed with her the entire time up until noon when JY called his sister-in-law?
    Or are you suggesting that JY hired someone or promised someone compensation for killing his wife, just don't hurt his daughter. He told the attacker the garage door is unlocked and when he'd be out of town?
    Still, there's no evidence of that. There's also the question of who cleaned CY, and kept her clean for that long, and why wasn't she wearing a diaper. No one washed off the blood at the house, so did someone take CY to another location and bath and change her? No laundry was done recently at the house either. They forgot to bring diapers, and that's why there was no diaper on her. Who had CY? The sister.

I think the police focused all their attention on making a case against JY and did not investigate any alternatives. JY didn't talk to police, and they were offended by that.
    A lawyer once told me, "Never talk to police, no matter what. You may have done something illegal that you didn't even know was illegal, and if you tell the police, you've just confessed to a crime." So, JY adheres to this advice and they target him.

edit: and life insurance isn't instantly given when there's a murder. There's usually an investigation and the husband is suspect number one. If JY is intelligent enough to plan this meticulous murder, without leaving a single snippet of evidence, and with no room for error, how could he be stupid enough not to know that?

There's way too many holes in the prosecution, and I wouldn't be able to say that he was guilty beyond a reasonable doubt, or even suspect him.
    And the 911 call from the sister sounds way off. Why was she never a suspect? Her alibi was that she was drunk at home or where? I forget.
    In all due respect did you follow this case? There are many things you have questioned that I can pick apart. JTF has been on this since day 1 and he is very insightful and is the one to ask for any MY/JY questions.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN

All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Landonsmom02 View Post
    In all due respect did you follow this case? There are many things you have questioned that I can pick apart. JTF has been on this since day 1 and he is very insightful and is the one to ask for any MY/JY questions.
    I only found out about it after watching a show on ID about it. Too much of the evidence they showed on there didn't make sense and that's why I started looking into it.

Someone posted the two trials in the other thread, so I will look into those when I have more time.

I'm the type of person who would rather see ten guilty men walk free rather than one innocent man spend a day behind bars. There were too many holes in the prosecution.
    God forbid proving my innocence relies on a pair of shoes I owned three years ago being requested for evidence.

Sent from my SCH-I545

I can't edit my post..... "...proving my innocence..." not 'providing'

Sent from my SCH-I545

I only found out about it after watching a show on ID about it.
    ** edited for space**

jova - can you tell me which ID show this case was on please? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by Luna24 View Post
    ** edited for space**

jova - can you tell me which ID show this case was on please? TIA
    No, I'm sorry. I deleted it from my DVR and a search on Google and the ID website reveal nothing. I know that's where I first heard the case though, and will comment if they show a rerun

Sent from your mom's smartphone

This is one case I never was completely sure of!! Too many things had to go right with JY's trip and the fact there was a car sighting at the home in the early am hours. I think this one could have went either way.

No, I'm sorry. I deleted it from my DVR and a search on Google and the ID website reveal nothing. I know that's where I first heard the case though, and will comment if they show a rerun

no problem - thanks for checking. I did a search too and didn't find anything. I think there was a 20/20 or Dateline or 48 hours shortly after the verdict...but have never seen it portrayed on one of the other ID shows.

For me, I followed this case closely from the very beginning. I'm thoroughly convinced of his guilt. I hope his appeal is denied.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna24 View Post
    For me, I followed this case closely from the very beginning. I'm thoroughly convinced of his guilt. I hope his appeal is denied.
    What convinces you of that though? The timeline doesn't add up, and IF he did do it, there's too many things that would've had to happen perfectly timed, and he'd have to take his daughter to another location to wash her off.

What convinces you of that though? The timeline doesn't add up, and IF he did do it, there's too many things that would've had to happen perfectly timed, and he'd have to take his daughter to another location to wash her off.Sent from your mom's smartphone
    BBM

Not really. have you even read about this trial? If so, you would know that she wasn't completly clean. CY had red stains on her fingernails and toenails. He could have easily cleaned her up with baby wipes and took that with him wehn he took his bloody clothes and murder weapon. If you look on WRAL and see the crime scene pics, you can see someone had trashbags out and they were left on the kitchen counter. Someone was in a hurry. Who would know were they were besides a resident of that home? My mom watches my boys at my house and still has to ask where stuff is. JY is guilty and I hope his appeal is denied. His alibi is laughable and he got what he deserved. Just 5 years too late.
    JUSTICE FOR MICHELLE AND RYLAN

All posts, unless sourced, are my opinion only and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Landonsmom02 View Post
    BBM

Not really. have you even read about this trial? If so, you would know that she wasn't completly clean. CY had red stains on her fingernails and toenails. He could have easily cleaned her up with baby wipes and took that with him wehn he took his bloody clothes and murder weapon. If you look on WRAL and see the crime scene pics, you can see someone had trashbags out and they were left on the kitchen counter. Someone was in a hurry. Who would know were they were besides a resident of that home? My mom watches my boys at my house and still has to ask where stuff is. JY is guilty and I hope his appeal is denied. His alibi is laughable and he got what he deserved. Just 5 years too late.
    How would baby wipes keep her clothes totally free of blood? SS identified the pj's CY wore to bed as the same as what she was wearing when found. MF described her as "shockingly clean." CY was alone with her mother's body for many hours yet she only had red stains on her nails? That doesn't make any sense.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast