1473 users online (294 members and 1179 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 98
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    3,934
    Oh no! I saw this breaking news in my inbox and assumed someone was playing an April Fools joke on me. This is so unfortunate. If I understand correctly, the decision was made due to allowing evidence about Young's civil conviction for wrongful death and custody to MF by JY's default.

    I will never understand why actual FACTS aren't made available to jurors. It's a travesty that Michelle's family will have to go through this hell yet again, including Cassidy who will be affected by this more now that she is older. It's so unfair. I disagree with this decision and I hope this decision is appealed and overturned.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    I so totally agree with you about Michelle's family and the little girl. How awful--this will make 3 trials. Judge Stephens is an astute and experienced judge....I can't see how in the world they consider his calls on the various issues in error.
    If I didn't dislike JY so much I could deal with it more easily but if there has ever been a sleaze ball scum of a human being it's him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Boodles View Post
    Oh no! I saw this breaking news in my inbox and assumed someone was playing an April Fools joke on me. This is so unfortunate. If I understand correctly, the decision was made due to allowing evidence about Young's civil conviction for wrongful death and custody to MF by JY's default.

    I will never understand why actual FACTS aren't made available to jurors. It's a travesty that Michelle's family will have to go through this hell yet again, including Cassidy who will be affected by this more now that she is older. It's so unfair. I disagree with this decision and I hope this decision is appealed and overturned.
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The Burbs ~ Down South
    Posts
    8,436
    just thinking about the smile on momma pat's face makes me ill

    and the thought of sitting thru another trial of that dry judge makes me ill too........the sniffing whistler.......omg.....

    poor meredith and their momma
    ~~~~~~~~~
    queenie

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Claiming what JLY should have known about a gas station's policy at 5:30am is really not valid. JLY usually (if not always) paid for gas by credit card because he had no reason to hide his driving activity before. Plus he was traveling on business and would need to track his expenses for reimbursement.

    Everything adds up. All of it. He did a lot of clever things, got lucky in some areas, popped his attitude at the wrong time (oops). He got caught, he got nailed. The timeline works, the mileage worked out, his behaviors, the hinky things at the Hampton Inn. He is guilty as guilty gets. Thank goodness he's right where he belongs.
    Who washed the daughter's clothes then? Doing laundry with my high tech 2014 washer and dryer still takes at least an hour.

    And the civil trials, which JY did not participate in and presented no new evidence, should not have been used as evidence. That's why his appeal was granted.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,436
    As much as I hate it, it was the right decision. Stupid decision to allow it in the trial in the first place.

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Coffeelandia
    Posts
    5,677
    Quote Originally Posted by NCEast View Post
    BREAKING NEWS TUESDAY 4/1/14

    The North Carolina Court of Appeals has ordered a new murder trial for Jason Young, who was convicted two years ago of beating his pregnant wife to death in their Wake County home.

    Follow the latest developments at http://www.wral.com/12706857/?break_id=9278
    I was about to message you my friend. I am livid. But I am also convinced he will be convicted again. Dirtbag.
    Don't take yourself so seriously... nobody else does.

  7. #52
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    Who washed the daughter's clothes then? Doing laundry with my high tech 2014 washer and dryer still takes at least an hour.

    And the civil trials, which JY did not participate in and presented no new evidence, should not have been used as evidence. That's why his appeal was granted.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone
    Who said the daughter's clothes were washed? I don't remember any testimony about that. Please provide a source.

    An unfortunate judicial error got this wife killer a do-over. NC sure loves wife-murdering sociopaths and welcomes them with open arms; they can easily get their convictions overturned or get a sweetheart plea deal (like Aboroa) if their cases do get a jury decision to convict.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    258
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Who said the daughter's clothes were washed? I don't remember any testimony about that. Please provide a source.

    An unfortunate judicial error got this wife killer a do-over. NC sure loves wife-murdering sociopaths and welcomes them with open arms; they can easily get their convictions overturned or get a sweetheart plea deal (like Aboroa) if their cases do get a jury decision to convict.
    They were visuably clean, except a blood stain on the inside seam where blood soaked through. They were chemically tested and blood was found on the legs and butt. Unless they're making blood invisible these days, I'd say they were washed.

    Sent from your mom's smartphone

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    The PJs were washed, but no laundry was done there. So someone took the girl, washed her and her pajamas, then brought her back. That doesn't fit into the timeline.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    That has always bothered me. A 2-yo child would have been tugging at her mother to wake up and gotten blood all over herself.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    Who said the daughter's clothes were washed? I don't remember any testimony about that. Please provide a source.

    An unfortunate judicial error got this wife killer a do-over. NC sure loves wife-murdering sociopaths and welcomes them with open arms; they can easily get their convictions overturned or get a sweetheart plea deal (like Aboroa) if their cases do get a jury decision to convict.


    Judges do make mistakes and innocent people are convicted because of it. Nothing unique to NC. Ryan Ferguson was wrongfully convicted in Missouri.

    JMO
    Last edited by MyBelle; 04-01-2014 at 03:00 PM. Reason: sp


  11. #56
    Madeleine74's Avatar
    Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    10,232
    Quote Originally Posted by jova33 View Post
    They were visuably clean, except a blood stain on the inside seam where blood soaked through. They were chemically tested and blood was found on the legs and butt. Unless they're making blood invisible these days, I'd say they were washed.
    So no testimony being pointed to that confirms these PJs were washed and this is your opinion because they appeared "visually clean." Thanks for confirming there is no actual evidence and this is an assumption.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    As much as I hate it, it was the right decision. Stupid decision to allow it in the trial in the first place.
    I've had you on my mind very strongly for the past few days. Maybe it's time for your birthday? Anyhow, glad to see you here and hope you are well!
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,215
    Quote Originally Posted by seattlechiquita View Post
    I was about to message you my friend. I am livid. But I am also convinced he will be convicted again. Dirtbag.
    Hi sweetie! I have been thinking of you and hope have been safe from the mudslides.... and hope your friends and your loved ones are ok too. How awful for the families of the people who are still missing.
    Jason Young, and his mother, are such horrible people I simply do not know if I can sit through another trial or not. I bet Judge Stephens is not happy with this decision at all. I hope and pray he doesn't retire before this case is heard again because he definitely needs to be the trial judge the third time...and they say the third time's a charm. Sure hope so in this matter.
    Take care Coffeegirl and stay in touch!
    Shoot all the bluejays you want, if you can hit 'em, but remember it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
    ............Harper Lee

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    9,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    So no testimony being pointed to that confirms these PJs were washed and this is your opinion because they appeared "visually clean." Thanks for confirming there is no actual evidence and this is an assumption.
    iirc, Meredith's testimony was that the pj's were shockingly clean. I think those were her words. Why would she lie about something that the cops could see for themselves?

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,363
    Quote Originally Posted by Madeleine74 View Post
    So no testimony being pointed to that confirms these PJs were washed and this is your opinion because they appeared "visually clean." Thanks for confirming there is no actual evidence and this is an assumption.
    I have to admit the clean pajamas bothered me too, this was a very strange case.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Alternate Theories
    By bessie in forum Netflix Series: Making A Murderer
    Replies: 144
    Last Post: 08-20-2017, 11:25 PM
  2. Alternate (Non-POI) Theories
    By bessie in forum Jacob Wetterling
    Replies: 267
    Last Post: 08-05-2016, 10:37 AM
  3. Alternate Theories
    By Confusion in forum Cooper Harris
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: 05-06-2016, 06:37 AM
  4. alternate theories to NC death
    By jrb0124 in forum Nancy Cooper
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 09:28 AM

Tags for this Thread