Identified! FL - St Johns Co., Skeletal human remains, Feb'12 - Leigh Able

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Human remains were found in a remote, wooded area just outside Hastings.

The St. Johns County Sheriff's Office says someone looking to buy a piece of property near McCullough Creek off County Road 13 found the remains over the weekend.

Investigators say the body was badly decomposed. They say it could have been there for years. So far, no matches have turned up in their database of missing people.

They say clothing found near the body could offer clues as to who the person could be. They found men's clothes: blue shorts, a brown belt, blue long sleeved shirt, a pair of paisley boxer shorts, a pair of shoes size 10 and a half. They also say the found a full set of dentures near the body.

http://www.fox30jax.com/mostpopular/story/Human-skeletal-remains-found/NviFT2ETekOOQriXzPJfFw.cspx

Direct link to the article and photos of the items
http://staugustine.com/police-report/2012-02-15/sheriffs-office-seeks-help-identifying-victim

The above articles say he had a full set of dentures but the photos show only the upper jaw denture...?

The article says "one complete upper set of dentures" was found. I take that to mean all teeth are accounted for along with the part they are attached to (that piece probably has a name but I don't know what it is) making an intact set and not a set of upper/lower dentures. A set can be more than one. JMO

I am not familiar with dentures- dothey have any identifying marks on them like a serial number that can be traced to the owner?

It doesn't say he had a full set of dentures as in lower/upper. It says
"one complete upper set of dentures" meaning all teeth are accounted for along with the part they are attached to (that piece probably has a name but I don't know what it is) making an intact set.

That's why I'm confused because this article talks about upper dentures being found but the article in the OP said: "They also say the found a full set of dentures near the body." which I took to mean there were both upper and lower dentures.

It may have changed since my relative was in the business of making dentures but back then his dentures didn't have any serial numbers on them afaik, he made an individual mold to fit each person's mouth and constructed each person's dentures individually pouring an acrylic substance into the mold. The teeth came ready made from the factory but I don't think they were individually numbered either. If you have a potential MP and the mold for his dentures has been saved it might be possible to compare the dentures to the mold and get a match but my relative didn't keep his molds, he made a new one if the person needed another one.

Yes, it is confusing, more conflicting reports from the media, imagine that!

Aileen Wuornos victim?

Peter Siems, age 65—In June 1990, Siems left Jupiter, Florida, for New Jersey. On 4 July 1990, his car was found in Orange Springs, Florida. Moore and Wuornos were seen abandoning the car, and Wuornos' palm print was found on the interior door handle. His body was never found.

No charges were brought against her for the murder of Peter Siems, as his body was never found.

Aileen Wuornos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kac313