GUILTY WA - Justice, 1, & Raiden Robinson, 6 wks, starved to death, Kent, 14 Nov 2004

After spending an hour and a half today taking winter coats and groceries to a grandmother trying to raise six grandchildren, this is expecially hard to read. I don't even know what to say. I'm just sickened.

Stories like this infuriate me. These are the same people who are so adamantly against abortion and adoption. Why is it that people who aren't fit to have animals are the ones that keep popping out kids?

Either start using birth control or keep your legs closed!!!

This really makes me feel so ill. Why, oh why is it that people who appear to not want a child just don't give it up for adoption? My husband and I tried for years to have a child and finally applied for adoption and the waiting list at that time was 5-7 yrs.

I just do not understand how someone can neglect and abuse a child.

Lady Sleuth
JMHO

Really terrible. So this woman actually gave birth to 7 children- I wonder why she lost custody of the first four. (but thank God she did!) This is truly sickening. I hope the Toddler recovers and finds a good home. She must be completely insane. (and no, I am not making excuses, I just can't fathom that someone could sit in an apartment while her children were slowly dying.)

Lady Sleuth said:
This really makes me feel so ill. Why, oh why is it that people who appear to not want a child just don't give it up for adoption? My husband and I tried for years to have a child and finally applied for adoption and the waiting list at that time was 5-7 yrs.

I just do not understand how someone can neglect and abuse a child.

Lady Sleuth
JMHO

I agree, its sick.
Did you ever get to adopt - or are you still waiting ?
Good luck to you !

I am adopted....adoption is really a great thing! My birthmother was 16 when she got pregnant...I am thankful she could make the right choice!!

If this mother's sons that died were 7 months and 16 months, that means she got pregnant almost as soon as she got home from the hospital with the other one.....these situations are ridiculous, keep your legs closed!! I don't understand how people don't learn their lesson!! Maybe the government needs to stop supporting people that do this...they make it too easy when the blue checks keep coming in the mail. I saw a girl on Judge Judy that looked in the camera and said "Yup, thats right, all you people out there are paying for me to do nothing, i don't care, i won't do sh** until those blue checks stop coming in my mailbox" It's such a sad world.

Limon, I would have LOVED to see Judge Judy's face when that was said!!!! Which state was it that made those who could work, do so in order to get those checks each month? They had to do SOMETHING, even if it was just watching the children of someone else getting a check so that person could look for work.

lisag said:
I agree, its sick.
Did you ever get to adopt - or are you still waiting ?
Good luck to you !

We went through the adoption process and were accepted and put on the waiting list and I found out later that I was pregnant and the doctor determined that I probably conceived two weeks after our acceptance for adoption. The doctor said that is not uncommon and once a couple relax that sometimes they end up being able to conceive.

I went to the doctor because I was so very tired and wanted to sleep all the time....he told me I was pregnant and I just about fainted. I just couldn't believe it and made him also do a urine and blood test after the ob/gyn exam.

I became pregnant 28 mos. later and also had another little girl on Christmas Day. The nurses brought her to me in a big red felt stocking. I cried like a baby when they told me she was my Christmas gift from God.

We ended up having two beautiful girls. They are grown now and have children of their own. I now have two grandchildren and another one due in May.

We were so blessed,
Lady Sleuth

Well crap, now you've got me crying like a baby. Thanks for a wonderful story LadySleuth!! :blowkiss:

Sprocket said:
CPS does another great job, again.

Is this a REAL appraisal, or are you being sarcastic?

My take on it is you're being sarcastic.
Please explain. TIA

Prayers for all, Lanie

Jeana (DP) said:
Limon, I would have LOVED to see Judge Judy's face when that was said!!!! Which state was it that made those who could work, do so in order to get those checks each month? They had to do SOMETHING, even if it was just watching the children of someone else getting a check so that person could look for work.

That girl made my boyfriend and I sick. We live in Milwaukee and there's a lot of that in this city. There needs to be some kind of change in the system, the goverment makes it too easy to do nothing but be a baby factory!!

Limon10 said:
That girl made my boyfriend and I sick. We live in Milwaukee and there's a lot of that in this city. There needs to be some kind of change in the system, the goverment makes it too easy to do nothing but be a baby factory!!

I spent a number of years in Milwaukee, but haven't been back there in at least 22 years. I don't have to have too good of an imagination to understand what it must be like now.

Whatever happened to welfare reform?

Jeana (DP) said:
I spent a number of years in Milwaukee, but haven't been back there in at least 22 years. I don't have to have too good of an imagination to understand what it must be like now.

Whatever happened to welfare reform?

I'm only 21...i lived in Milwaukee until I was 8 and moved out to a little town outside Milwaukee. I moved back 2 summers ago. I hate it, not to mention it is much worse than when I lived here when i was little, (and when I was little we lived off of 82nd and Silver Spring.) The crime is everywhere. I live on the East Side, by UWM....its creeping over here. My boyfriend and I are out of here when our lease is up next summer.

Limon10 said:
I'm only 21...i lived in Milwaukee until I was 8 and moved out to a little town outside Milwaukee. I moved back 2 summers ago. I hate it, not to mention it is much worse than when I lived here when i was little, (and when I was little we lived off of 82nd and Silver Spring.) The crime is everywhere. I live on the East Side, by UWM....its creeping over here. My boyfriend and I are out of here when our lease is up next summer.

When I was there, I spent some time on the east side, can't remember exactly where, but Silver Spring sounds familiar. I moved to West Allis after a while. It was still exactly like the 1950s there!! Weird.

Beautiful Story Lady Sleuth!!!

I would SO be for forced sterilization in a case like this. It's the only humane thing to do really. Normally I want the government out of that business but guys, this is so extreme. She must be stopped.

Such a shame. Those are the kind that should never get out of prison and that way, they never have sex again.

Just read this morning that the mother (and I use that term lightly) has been charged with murder. No surprise, really.

Grrrrrr - still makes me blood boil.

I have no spare room for another child, but I would have gladly invited these children into my life if I was able; I'm sure there are people in her town that feel the same way.

Unbelievable!!! ~snip Police found Robinson passed out in bed, surrounded by more than 300 empty beer cans and garbage, in an apartment smelling strongly of urine and feces, prosecutors said in court documents. After her arrest, Robinson's blood alcohol level was .40, five times the .08 threshold at which a Washington state driver is considered intoxicated.
The link below has her picture

KENT, Wash., Nov. 18, 2004 — The mother of two young boys found starved to death in an apartment well-stocked with food was charged Wednesday with two counts of second-degree murder.

Marie Robinson, 36, of Kent, was also charged with second-degree reckless endangerment, accused of neglecting another son, age 2, King County prosecutors said.

"The degree of neglect is unfathomable," prosecutor Norm Maleng said. "This is one of the most tragic cases I've seen in my years in office."

Robinson was held on $2 million bail pending an arraignment Nov. 30 at the Regional Justice Center in Kent. If convicted, she faces 20 to 36 years in prison, prosecutors said.

The horrific case has raised questions about the performance of the state's Department of Social and Health Services, because the agency had investigated allegations of abuse against Robinson on at least four occasions.

Officers found the bodies of 6-week-old Raiden and 16-month-old Justice on Sunday when they were called to Robinson's apartment by her boyfriend, Christopher Bone, the children's father.

Bone, who had been jailed in Kitsap County, told police he went to the apartment after his release Sunday and got no response. He said he had been trying to contact Robinson by telephone for 10 days.

Police found Robinson passed out in bed, surrounded by more than 300 empty beer cans and garbage, in an apartment smelling strongly of urine and feces, prosecutors said in court documents.

After her arrest, Robinson's blood alcohol level was .40, five times the .08 threshold at which a Washington state driver is considered intoxicated.

Autopsies indicated the two children, already chronically malnourished, went without sufficient food or water for two to four days before they died of malnutrition and dehydration. A refrigerator and pantry in the apartment were stocked with frozen food, bread, canned fruit and 11 unopened cans of infant formula, according to court documents.

The King County medical examiner's office estimated the boys had been dead between one to three days before their bodies were found.

More of the story here http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=262363&page=1
Continued
1. 2. NEXT»

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member