Thread: Sheaffer Says: Judge Belvin Perry will have to step down due to term limits

Sheaffer Says: Judge Belvin Perry will have to step down due to term limits

Judge Belvin Perry cannot run for re-election for Osceola-Orange chief judge because of new term limits.

http://www.wftv.com/weblogs/sheaffer...-belvin-perry/

"Life is life's greatest gift. Guard the life of another creature as you would your own because it is your own. On life's scale of values, the smallest is no less precious to the creature who owns it than the largest..." Lloyd Biggle, Jr.

Let's bring Michelle Parker home: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ichelle+parker

All statements made by me are based on my opinion.

2. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Reality Orlando For This Useful Post:

Thank heaven he will be out of there.
    Justice for GEORGE!

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Judge Perry can still be a judge. He just can't be "chief" judge. The chief judge is elected by his peers (other judges) and is in charge of the court house(s) in his district, obtaining funding, assigning duties to the other judges, etc.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/ent...vin-perry.html

Belvin Perry Jr. will always be known as the “Casey Anthony judge.” But his time as chief circuit judge will be limited because of a recent Florida Supreme Court ruling capping the time of everyone who serves in that position. Perry can continue to be a judge but he can’t be chief judge beyond June next year, WESH-Channel 2 anchor Martha Sugalski explained.

Run, Smooch, Run for your life!

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Omachka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Omachka View Post
    Judge Perry can still be a judge. He just can't be "chief" judge. The chief judge is elected by his peers (other judges) and is in charge of the court house(s) in his district, obtaining funding, assigning duties to the other judges, etc.

Won't Sally Koriath be thrilled?
    Justice for GEORGE!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Horace Finklestein For This Useful Post:

Here's hoping he chose to retire!

Bleh.

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Pink Panther For This Useful Post:

Interesting tweet this morning:

https://twitter.com/MattMorganESQ/st...08721527111681

@MattMorganESQ
    Be sure to follow my good friend and colleague- The Honorable Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. @BelvinPerryJr . Please give him a warm welcome!

Perry's twitter profile includes a link to forthepeople. Has he joined Morgan and Morgan?
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

12. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
    Interesting tweet this morning:

https://twitter.com/MattMorganESQ/st...08721527111681

@MattMorganESQ
    Be sure to follow my good friend and colleague- The Honorable Chief Judge Belvin Perry, Jr. @BelvinPerryJr . Please give him a warm welcome!

Perry's twitter profile includes a link to forthepeople. Has he joined Morgan and Morgan?
    If you look at Judge Perry's Twitter page it has 'For the People' under his photo- that is the same logo that Morgan and Morgan use.....

14. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

I don't find any article at that link......?

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    If you look at Judge Perry's Twitter page it has 'For the People' under his photo- that is the same logo that Morgan and Morgan use.....
    I know! Very interesting

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Twitter handle is @Lovemypupper . I had to change it due to rabid Kate Gosselin fans. Seriously. I'm not kidding.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to strawberry For This Useful Post:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...0,1591735.post SEPT 1

Judge Belvin Perry to join John Morgan law firm

Morgan confirmed today that his "For the People" law firm is scheduled to make a formal announcement tomorrow (Tuesday) that Perry is joining the firm.

http://www.wesh.com/news/former-chie...824600#!bN2D1X

Former Chief Judge Belvin Perry joins Morgan & Morgan law firm

Perry will be holding a press conference at 10 a.m. Tuesday to discuss the move.

Perry retired from the Ninth Judicial Circuit Court of Florid on August 31.
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

19. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

What a small world, huh? Who would have thunk??

21. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

This should be real interesting. Perry knows a lot about Casey, Baez and their agreement with JAC. He will be a lot of help to Zeneida behind the scenes. Is Cheney still having fun?

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to ohreally For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ohreally View Post
    This should be real interesting. Perry knows a lot about Casey, Baez and their agreement with JAC. He will be a lot of help to Zeneida behind the scenes. Is Cheney still having fun?
    Wouldn't that be great if he got to personally depose her??? Or would that be a conflict of interest?
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

25. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LinasK For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LinasK View Post
    Wouldn't that be great if he got to personally depose her??? Or would that be a conflict of interest?
    That would be BAD! We all saw how he favored his old friend Cheney Mason every time, from Jury selection to the end of trial.
    He would be intimidated.

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ZsaZsa For This Useful Post:

Yeah, I can't see BP helping them.
    Am I crazy? But wasn't there a time in court when it appeared that the Judge was waiting for someone to come visit. I'm not sure if it was another judge or an attorney (or maybe I dreamt it). Was it this case?

29. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    Yeah, I can't see BP helping them.
    Am I crazy? But wasn't there a time in court when it appeared that the Judge was waiting for someone to come visit. I'm not sure if it was another judge or an attorney (or maybe I dreamt it). Was it this case?
    perhaps this is what you were thinking of....
    I remember a retired judge from the 18th judicial circuit out of Seminole county was at one of the hearings iirc...he was a friend of Cheney Mason and judge Perry knew him as well
    I can't remember his name, though many years ago I was subpoenaed to Seminole county court for 3 separate cases for the same individual and he was the judge who had signed the papers...
    Last edited by Intermezzo; 09-01-2014 at 11:40 PM.

"There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    perhaps this is what you were thinking of....
    I remember a retired judge from the 18th judicial circuit out of Seminole county was at one of the hearings iirc...he was a friend of Cheney Mason and judge Perry knew him as well
    I can't remember his name, though many years ago I was subpoenaed to Seminole county court for 3 separate cases for the same individual and he was the judge who had signed the papers...
    Bless you...you are right...and for the life of me I don't know why I thought of it today.
    Hold down the fort you guys...I'm back to work tomorrow.
    Thanks to everyone who is still here for Caylee.
    oxoxoxox

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ZsaZsa View Post
    That would be BAD! We all saw how he favored his old friend Cheney Mason every time, from Jury selection to the end of trial.
    He would be intimidated.
    He was asked about this during the press conference. He said he will have nothing to do with the Casey Anthony case.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BChand For This Useful Post:

News Conference with Belvin Perry, John Morgan and Matt Morgan

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Intermezzo For This Useful Post: