1277 users online (210 members and 1067 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
    Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    When I think of "causes" I think of poverty in Africa, not paying for the lawyers of a woman you probably never met. The benefactor has been paying for their team since October. Is she going to be paying out money for years? I have no idea how much money that would be, but it just seems weird to make such a long-term commitment to something like that. Why doesn't she use her money to fund searches for Lisa? Or donate to the investigation so they can put more detectives on the case?

As for how much money the benefactor has given, I would say less than 100k. John and Patsy Ramsey said they had spent $1 million on lawyers by 1999, and they had 8 lawyers who worked for them at some point in the first 3 years. That would be about $333k a year. The Irwin case is almost a year old, and the Irwins have....2-3 lawyers right? Plus Bill Stanton....So I think 100k at the absolute maximum I think the benefactor has paid up to this point. Does anyone think that number is too off?
    When I think of "causes" what comes to my mind are a wide range of things. Whether it's a rich or poor person, I think that the issue is important to the person who is supporting their "cause". Why this person feels that helping Lisa's parents is important can be as simple as feeling that their victims in this case and could use some help.

How long and in what form she continues to offer her help is hard to say. It's her money to spend as she see's fit and I'm not about to criticize her for doing what she feels is right.

I have a question about your use of the word "detectives". Are you talking about private detectives or law enforcement detectives? I'm fine with someone hiring private detectives, but I'm not so sure that police detectives should be assigned to cases based on how much money is given to them by rich people. I feel that poor people deserve the same service from our police as rich people.

I apologize if I'm misunderstanding your post.

JMO.

absolutely nothing on KS's blog or twitter about the 1st anniversary of lisa's "disappearance" or her 2nd bday...

is she still part of "the team"? if not, why not?
    *** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post
    absolutely nothing on KS's blog or twitter about the 1st anniversary of lisa's "disappearance" or her 2nd bday...

Does a lack of blogging to the public about Lisa Irwin mean that she has changed her view of things?

ETA : I should say,has there been a change in her public blogging? Show me some public change in her view of things that are relevant to Lisa Irwin.
    Last edited by RANCH; 11-15-2012 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadedgal View Post

I find it really confusing that she supports police dogs & does so much for/with them, but then she also supports these parents, when a police (FBI) dog had a hit for a cadaver in their bedroom. Truly confusing.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11