Identified! Canada - Antigonish, NS, man found dead, Feb'12 - Gary Orgill

~n/t~

Reaction score
The RCMP is seeking the public’s help in identifying a man found dead in the Antigonish area of Nova Scotia.

more at the link

http://www.thetelegram.com/News/Loc...ce-seeking-to-identify-man-found-dead-in-NS/1

photo_1999119_resize_article.jpg

A man died alone along Highway 104 and no one knows who he is.

While the rest of northern Nova Scotia was preparing for Christmas, it appears he died with his few meagre belongings in a copse of fir trees in Lower South River.

After sending an artist’s sketch of the man, estimated to have been about 50 years old, to law enforcement agencies across Atlantic Canada and checking missing person lists, the Antigonish RCMP held a news conference Friday to seek the public’s aid in identifying the man.

Sgt. Brian Rehill estimated the man was dead for less than three weeks when Billy Diggins of North Grant discovered his body on Dec. 5 while collecting fir boughs for Christmas wreaths.

http://thechronicleherald.ca/novascotia/61710-police-seek-help-identify-dead-man

He had a kidney surgically removed. It should help.

I stumbled upon this man while looking into BC missing and he looks similar. Upon researching him further, I found that someone had suggested his name (gary thomas orgill) on the bc rcmp facebook page as a likeness for the john doe in nova scotia.

Orgill.jpg

I stumbled upon this man while looking into BC missing and he looks similar. Upon researching him further, I found that someone had suggested his name (gary thomas orgill) on the bc rcmp facebook page as a likeness for the john doe in nova scotia.

Orgill.jpg

Here's another photo of Gary Orgill. In this photo, he looks even more like the John Doe.

2324699160045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
photo_1999119_resize_article.jpg

A little confused concerning the now identified man, who is apparently from NFLD Canada, and supposedly named Gary Thomas Orgill.
Not sure why, i continue to see missing info for a man looking very similar, with that name, but from the UK?

http://www.lbtrust.org/#!Gary-Thomas-Orgill/ctu0/54f39c5d0cf257e2bffe0c5b
4addd9_d8c848dfce564a908b4daf2265d241c3.jpg
Gary Thomas Orgill has been missing since early October 2011 and is believed to be in the Halifax, Moncton or New Brunswick areas of Canada.

Hi, as you say, confusion here. I am talking with The Lucie BlackmanTrust about Gary. The sketch is very clearly a very similar image of Gary. Disappearance times are similar. Relatives not wishing to give name of deceased doesn't help public ID. (But understandable request in some cases). Surgically removed kidney must help in ID. Seems like wires have not been correctly connected here. Will update with any news.

Hi, as you say, confusion here. I am talking with The Lucie BlackmanTrust about Gary. The sketch is very clearly a very similar image of Gary. Disappearance times are similar. Relatives not wishing to give name of deceased doesn't help public ID. (But understandable request in some cases). Surgically removed kidney must help in ID. Seems like wires have not been correctly connected here. Will update with any news.

Welcome to Ws m25roundaout!
Now i get it, Gary is from the UK, but went missing and was ultimately found deceased and identified in Canada.
Thanks for checking in!

Thanks for the welcome dotr. There is some confusion here. A Gary Thomas Orgill went missing same time same place. He is supposed to be from the UK. You can see his profile on www.lbtrust.org The sketch done by police of the deceased body looks very like him. Yet a man claimed he was his brother but would not identify his name or hometown. This leaves things unclear and makes you think...
I have notified the LB Trust and I have e mailed the RCMP about this. Gary is still declared missing on the LB Trust site. I think further enquiries need to be made. I will update. Any help in clarifying situation appreciated.

Thanks for the welcome dotr. There is some confusion here. A Gary Thomas Orgill went missing same time same place. He is supposed to be from the UK. You can see his profile on www.lbtrust.org The sketch done by police of the deceased body looks very like him. Yet a man claimed he was his brother but would not identify his name or hometown. This leaves things unclear and makes you think...
I have notified the LB Trust and I have e mailed the RCMP about this. Gary is still declared missing on the LB Trust site. I think further enquiries need to be made. I will update. Any help in clarifying situation appreciated.

This is the UID male found in Toronto, that i had originally thought could be Gary T Orgill.
He no longer appears on that LE site listing, so maybe has since been correctly identified.
Just in case, this is the thread for that man.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?225052-Canada-Toronto-WhtMale-55-75-strawberry-blonde-maybe-from-US-or-UK-Sep-13
Canada - Toronto, WhtMale, 55-75, strawberry blonde, maybe from US or UK, Sep'13

Getting a little more complicated. Thomas Lee is no longer listed on the UK's missing person list, the person you posted as a link on the above thread. I will contact the LB TRUST on Monday with regard to the original finding of a body in Feb 2012 as mentioned on this thread. The sketch of the deceased is far too like Gary to not enquire. It may be that it was Gary and that the LB Trust have not been informed-especially as the family did not want name or hometown made public. Doesn't quite make sense yet, unless of course it definitely wasn't Gary. But the sketch? Very very like him, location and time very relevant too.

Correction. Shadowdancer mentioned Michael Lee (UK) as being still missing from UK. This is correct according to UK missing persons. Apologies, I read it as a Thomas Lee. My mistake.

dotr, what is LE Site listing please?

Sorry about that!
LE = Law Enforcement.
The site listing the UID ( unidentified ) male, was the police site, http://www.torontopolice.on.ca/newsreleases/pdfs/27824.pdf, the listing now appears to be removed,
[FONT=verdana, arial, helvetica, sans-serif]Error: 404 - File Not Found[/FONT]

The file you are attempting to access does not exist. This may be because it has been moved. Try searching for related pages using the form above.
presumably due to identification of that person.
imo ( in my opinion), speculation.

dotr, no reply as yet from the Lucie BlackmanTrust. I am going to leave it alone for the time being. I think if we read the posts and links on this thread we can perhaps summarise what may have taken place? If I am contacted by the LBT and it feels right I will update. All the best and thank you for your help.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back