1067 users online (236 members and 831 guests)  


The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News


Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 299
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959

    Lisa and the river

    Please put your thoughts here about Lisa and the river. There has been too much off topic discussion about the river and no thread for it.
    Last edited by norest4thewicked; 02-17-2012 at 10:43 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Little Zaylee Grace Fryar went into the Cumberland river here in Nashville with her mother and was never found. Her mother's body was found, an apparent suicide, but Zaylee never was. A baby is a pretty small body. When you compare 100+ pounds to a baby's weight, it's completely logical that this little body is just either caught somewhere underwater or that the elements just destroyed it. This is a horrible thought, but it happens.

    http://www.wkrn.com/story/14601433/e...r-missing-baby
    Last edited by norest4thewicked; 02-17-2012 at 10:44 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7,230
    Bringing my post over from the previous thread.

    Natsound had called KCPD back in December and had questions specifically about the river. I had to dig up the post to find it but here it is:

    I asked about searches of the river. I was told that the river runs very fast through that part of town, and if a tiny baby had been thrown in the river, chances are slim that it would surface. I was also told that on the first day (October 4th), the fire department had been doing some training in that part of the river, and there were people on foot along the banks, and nothing was spotted.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    7,110
    It's not known for sure that Zaylee went into the river with her mother. It's a good possibility, but no one knows for sure. We have a thread for Zaylee here on WS.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    It's not known for sure that Zaylee went into the river with her mother. It's a good possibility, but no one knows for sure. We have a thread for Zaylee here on WS.

    This thread is not about Zaylee, it is about Lisa and the possibility that she went into the river. I only mentioned her to suggest that a small body is not the same as a full grown person when in the water. I am one of many around here who believe that Zaylee went into the river with her mother. Again, I can't reveal why my thoughts run in this direction.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    7,110
    Yes, this is about Lisa, but your first post mentioning Zaylee didn't state that it was your opinion that Zaylee went into the river. It implied that it's a known fact that she did. It's very frustrating to navigate Lisa's forum when opinions are frequently presented as facts. It just adds to the overall misinformation in Lisa's case.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by liltexans View Post
    Yes, this is about Lisa, but your first post mentioning Zaylee didn't state that it was your opinion that Zaylee went into the river. It implied that it's a known fact that she did. It's very frustrating to navigate Lisa's forum when opinions are frequently presented as facts. It just adds to the overall misinformation in Lisa's case.
    We were discussing on another thread about Lisa and the river. I just brought my post over. Sorry that it confused you as you weren't in on the original conversation.

    Also, what I post here is always my opinion, and I assume that is the same for everyone, unless they are speaking from an expert witness standpoint. I do have the advantage of knowing certain things, but I try to keep those limited if I can.

    And, as we are not supposed to be attacking a poster, that is all I will say about that.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Someone said on another thread (I think it was In Da Middle) that it would be difficult to get to the river from DB's house. Does anyone have any photos of the terrain going down to the river? Also, how far are the closest bridges to Lisa's house? TIA

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    STEELER COUNTRY!
    Posts
    27,130
    During the Sandra Cantu case IIRC, I found a link (which I cannot find now)
    that women usually dispose of children in containers in water......
    back to the womb verses men who bury.
    If the mother disposed of the baby I would think the river would be the way to go.
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    8,417
    Quote Originally Posted by norest4thewicked View Post
    Little Zaylee Grace Fryar went into the Cumberland river here in Nashville with her mother and was never found. Her mother's body was found, an apparent suicide, but Zaylee never was. A baby is a pretty small body. When you compare 100+ pounds to a baby's weight, it's completely logical that this little body is just either caught somewhere underwater or that the elements just destroyed it. This is a horrible thought, but it happens.

    http://www.wkrn.com/story/14601433/e...r-missing-baby
    This link is broken.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by passionflower View Post
    During the Sandra Cantu case IIRC, I found a link (which I cannot find now)
    that women usually dispose of children in containers in water......
    back to the womb verses men who bury.
    If the mother disposed of the baby I would think the river would be the way to go.
    Yes, I've heard many times that women go to water, men go to land. That makes me shiver...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    Quote Originally Posted by RANCH View Post
    This link is broken.
    Here ya go Ranch:

    http://www.tbi.tn.gov/missing_childr...llersville.pdf

    As liltexans said, there is also a thread here on WS for Zaylee.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,959
    RANCH - The link I sent you was a link before her mother was found. Here is a better one. Mom was pulled out of the water downstream of where she went in.

    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14...her-found-dead

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,932
    I think it's very possible that had Lisa been placed in the water her little body would never be found. In cityslick's post it says that the river runs very fast in that part of town, it would not take much for a baby that size to be quickly swept away. We're talking about a baby, not a grown adult whose body may have been easier to find.

    JMHO

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    7,110
    Are there any locks and dams on the Missouri River in the KC area or just downstream from the KC area? Sometimes bodies have been found in rivers when they got caught in a dam. Of course, with Lisa being so relatively small compared with an adult, I don't know if her little body would get caught as easily.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. It's all about Lisa
    By Kat in forum Lisa Irwin
    Replies: 110
    Last Post: 03-07-2016, 11:12 PM
  2. Identified! FL - Tampa, Woman's Body in Hillsborough River, Mar'10 - Lisa Harris
    By ventura441 in forum Identified!
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 08:26 AM
  3. Who Is Lisa Stebic ?
    By CW in forum Lisa Stebic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-04-2007, 12:57 AM

Tags for this Thread