1016 users online (174 members and 842 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

IL - Laureth May, 29, 3 kids, & Destiny Gruba, 17, Aurora, 15 Feb 2012 - #1

Aurora police are asking the public to be on the lookout for a missing 29-year-old woman who took off from her home early Wednesday with her three young sons.

Laureth ("Laurie") M. May, of 200-block of Plum Street in Aurora, and her three boys: Quincy Collins age 4, Oliver Collins age 2, and Spencer Collins, age 1; were all reported missing by Laureth's fiance Wednesday around 4 p.m

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=8546625

Lots of her friends and bf are begging her to get in touch

Hope she's ok and just evaluating things.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1109287315

The search for a missing Aurora women and her three young children is now focused on Indiana after a possible sighting in Hobart Thursday afternoon.

Credit card records and an unconfirmed eyewitness report indicate that Laureth "Laurie" May and her children may have stopped in Gary as well as at a Hobart Wal-Mart, Aurora Police said in a statement this morning.

A 17-year-old Cicero girl, Destiny Gruba, of Cicero, is believed to be with May, Cicero police have said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,7629842.story

Video with photo's of mom, children, and student at link.

Laurie, please call home soon or call LE and let them know you are safe.

You are not alone. You have lots of people who love you and are there to support you. It's not a bad thing to need help or support. We are keeping you in our prayers.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

HOBART | Hobart police are assisting in the search for a missing Aurora woman and her three young children, Lt. Steve Houck confirmed Friday.

Houck said his department, after receiving a request from Illinois police, is reviewing videotape at Walmart in Hobart after an eyewitness reported seeing the missing woman at the store late Thursday afternoon.

Credit card records and an unconfirmed eyewitness report indicate the missing woman, Laureth "Laurie" May, and her children may have stopped in Gary as well as the Hobart Walmart, Aurora police Lt. Pete Inda said.

"We have not gotten confirmation on either one but want to get the word out there in the Chicagoland area so people can be looking for them," Inda said.

~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Laureth M. May, left, her boys and friend

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,3714682.photo
    ~JMO~

Hmmmm....I just looked at her facebook page and it looks like some time between 6 hours ago and 17 minutes ago she has friended a new person. Seems that she....or someone....has access to her facebook account.

I have a print screen but don't know if I can post it....if I can, let me know.

Does anyone know what her relationship is with the 17yo? Also has she been reported missing?
    Last edited by kseal07; 02-17-2012 at 08:33 PM. Reason: to add

Quote Originally Posted by princesspjs View Post
    Hmmmm....I just looked at her facebook page and it looks like some time between 6 hours ago and 17 minutes ago she has friended a new person. Seems that she....or someone....has access to her facebook account.
    That could be from a friend request she sent in the past that the other person just now accepted.

Screen shots of social networking pages are not allowed.

The friend is a former student of Laurie's.

One of the MSM articles reported that Laurie had recently been terminated from her job of 6 mo's after searching for a year. Her boyfriend reportedly argued with her about her drinking and a phone call to another unnamed person. She then left with the children and reportedly picked up the former student in Cicero.

I'm really hoping she just needed a breather and that she is not drinking. I want her and her kids, along with the friend to come home safely soon.

http://beaconnews.suntimes.com/news/...-children.html

She appears to have a LOT of supportive friends who have posted on her FB page reaching out to her.

Praying they are all found safe, soon.

ETA: MSM has indicated the 17 yr old has also been reported missing.
    ~JMO~

bumping for Laurie, her boys and friend. Hoping to wake up in the morning to good news that they have all been found safely.
    ~JMO~

Oh my... Her husband's posts on her FB wall are so sweet and sad. I know things aren't always what they look like from the outside, but he sounds like a genuinely good man, husband, and father, and seems completely in the dark about whatever is going on.

She is young, with lots of kids, I wonder if she was stressed out, and losing the job was like A last straw? I have been there, young and married with little kids, feeling like you just want to do something crazy and run away, because you're still young and you shouldn't be overwhelmed with so much, you should be out having fun, etc etc... That may not be the case with Laurie at all, but just trying to think of when I was young 20s with kids and things got tough, and that was the mindset I got in at times!

Please call home Laurie. I know right nOw you probably don't want to hear what everyone is going to tell you, because i never did.. (still dont lots of times :P ) but oh... Whatever is going on will pass... Don't throw everything away over stuff that is probably temporary. That's what I'd say if I could talk to her!

Hoping to hear news of everyone's safe return soon!
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

She's in my prayers

I was hoping when I logged in tonight, they'd all be home. I am so worried about them. LM must really be upset about her job. I hope she sees that people in her home town are concerned and there to help so she can go home. I feel for the dad too and the parents of the other child. I hope there is a way she is looking on her FB to see the support.
    Seeking Justice for those who can't. There has been justice for Jhessye!

Something about this case seems off to me. Is it really a missing persons case to take your children with you and leave voluntarily. The fiancé has no claim to the children does he? They were not married and I don't think they are his children.

The first article even says that the didn't seem like she wanted to hurt herself or the children. If I were a single mom and had an argument with someone, couldn't I grab them and go? Is it illegal? Could she be charged with something like child endangerment if she had no intention to harm the children and they were well cared for? Would she be charged with a public disturbance due to the media blitz that was no fault of her own?

I don't think she could be charged with kidnapping of minor (the 17 yr old former student) if he left with her voluntarily.

I'm holding out on this one until I get more information. She has rights to and if that means packing up children and taking a drive ( to her mother's house, to a hotel, to wherever) shouldn't she be allowed to without it being a missing persons report?
    Just my opinion.

Be thankful for each day. Live in the moment.

Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast