985 users online (211 members and 774 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

DC - suicide attack on U.S. Capitol foiled with Moroccan man's arrest today

Suicide attack on U.S. Capitol foiled
    Washington (CNN) -- U.S. Capitol Police and the FBI on Friday arrested a Moroccan man who was planning a suicide attack on the Capitol, authorities said.

The suspect, identified as Amine Khalifi, arrived at a federal courthouse in Alexandria, Virginia, where he was expected to make an appearance in the afternoon, court officials said.

In announcing Khalifi's arrest, Justice Department spokesman Dean Boyd said the man had received what he thought was a vest with explosives, but the materials in the vest had been rendered inoperable by law enforcement.

Khalifi was arrested as soon as he accepted the vest from undercover officers, according to a federal law enforcement source. He was also given a gun, which was similarly rendered inoperable, officials said.
    ---
    the rest at CNN link above, with video

Here's Daily Mail's version, which features lots of pics and an MSNBC video at the link below:

Would-be 'suicide bomber' arrested in FBI sting operation after he 'plotted to blow up U.S. Capitol'

---
    A former landlord in Arlington, Va., said he believed El Khalifi was suspicious and called police a year and a half ago.

Frank Dynda said when he told El Khalifi to leave, the suspect said he had a right to stay and threatened to beat up Dynda. Dynda said he thought El Khalifi was making bombs, but police told him to leave the man alone. Dynda had El Khalifi evicted in 2010.

El Khalifi had several men staying with him and based on packages left for him, Dynda said. It appeared that he was running a luggage business from the apartment, though Dynda never saw any bags.

"I reported to police I think he's making bombs," Dynda said. "I was ready to get my shotgun and run him out of the building, but that would have been a lot of trouble."
    ---
    more at AP link below:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...02-17-16-54-31

Wonder how he feels tonight? Sitting in a cell, knowing that his "bomber's vest" was inoperable, knowing that people had been watching him for weeks, knowing that he never even made it to the capitol, knowing that he failed and that his fellow "terrorists" are laughing at his failure now. I wonder if "patriotic act" scares him. I sure hope so. I hope that this would be "terrorist" is scared about what will happen to him.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight