Canada - Cecilia Zhang, 9, North York ON, 20 Oct 2003

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Oct 20th ~ Toronto Police just issued an Amber Alert for a 9 year old girl found to be missing from her home this morning.

This is too close to home for me :(

Missing Girl

Cass...

I turned the news on in the car yesterday and they were talking about Cecilia and how distraught her parents are. Then they had her father on and he talked for a long time but I had difficulty understanding him because of his accent. I kept hearing him say "her biological mother" and I am wondering if this is a custody dispute. Was Cecilia adopted or is her father remarried? has anybody heard anything about this?

hmmm. I wonder why it was even a question that Sherry was the mother. It is strange how they just throw that out there and don't offer any explanation.

It could just be that the father's english isn't very good, and he is using the wrong word to describe the mother. A lot of countries don't have the wife take the husband's last name, and that seems to confuse many Americans.

In one of the early articles, they made a comment over the house belonging to people with two different names (Weimin Zhang and Wen Xu). It was just the parents given names as opposed to their "Americanized" first names.

That could certainly be it, Ghostwheel. Westerners have a difficult time with Asian names as it is.

This just really sucks. We get one precious child back and another and then another goes missing. I look forward many years from now to Heaven, where every child is accounted for.

Cecilia's case will be featured on "America's Most Wanted" this Saturday night. The police feel that perhaps more than one kidnapper was involved in her abduction.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back