OH OH - Garfield Heights, East 81st St, BlkMale 18-21, UP1878, note from Cynthia & Boo Boo, Sep'91

Irish_Eyes

Reaction score
This case has been on my mind for a while:

http://doenetwork.org/cases/1117umoh.html

Victim was found September 11, 1991 behind a house on E. 81st Street in Garfield Heights, Ohio.

Description: Black Male, 18-21 yo. Light complexion. 5'5" - 5'7"
He wore a red short sleeved shirt and 34W x 30L blue jeans

In his shoe was a note that read:

For Daddy
We can't wait to see you!
Love, Cynthia and Boo Boo
Miss you!

(picture of note and shoes at Doe Network)

This UID obviously had someone who loved him....can we bring him home??

The Doe Network says the following about the UID --

Short tightly curled, suggestive of black type hair. Light complexion.

I wonder if there were skeletal factors (such as the shape of his skull) that indicated that he was African-American? If he was a non-black person with curly dark hair, this could be why he hasn't been identified.

I tried to think like that too, but I still didn't find any really good possibles on Charley. The area he was found in is a very racially mixed area so anything and everything is possible.

I'm just not seeing any African Americans missing in Ohio around that time frame whatsoever. :waitasec:

Wonder if Cynthia is the girlfriend and Boo Boo the pet name for their child together (or perhaps even child yet to be born).

The Doe Network says the following about the UID --

I wonder if there were skeletal factors (such as the shape of his skull) that indicated that he was African-American? If he was a non-black person with curly dark hair, this could be why he hasn't been identified.

Well it says "light complexion" so I assume there was still skin?

Wonder if the shoes might be a clue? I've just trawled sneakerpedia until my eyes hurt, and I can't find anything exactly like them, although they are similar to the Jordan 'Grape' shoes made in '90/91 - perhaps they're rare?

Another thought...I have some Italian-American friends who have amazing, tight curly hair which you could loosely correlate with an afro type hair. I guess Italian-American heritage could account for the 'light complexion' too?

I'm not thinking he had it there for too long or else it would have been more worn and dirty? Right?

I had thought about recently release from jail because of the note being in the shoe. I don't even know if that makes any sense, but it popped in my mind too. He kept that letter, it meant something to him.

I wish we knew the COD.

Maybe there is something to it because I had exactly the same vision. I pictured Cynthia as the girlfriend and Booboo as the unborn baby (or a very small child anyway) and him as the dad who was expected to be released from jail. If he was traveling for business etc. he would be more likely to have some kind of luggage where he could keep his correspondence. It wouldn't take long for the note to get pretty nasty in a shoe. So maybe it was there because he was released with whatever he was arrested in.

Then I had the disheartening thought if Cynthia would have reported him missing or just written him off as a deadbeat dad who went back to his old tricks again and good riddance.

Hope his mom filed a missing persons report.

Donjeta: We are on the same wavelength I see. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe Cynthia got mad when he never came home and assumed it was voluntary. With only a first name and a possibility that she had a baby in the 1990s how can we find Cynthia?

I am thinking he was homeless. Only because he had the note in his shoe, not in a wallet or his pocket. They didn't find a wallet, but he could have been robbed. Was this a murder investagation? Boo Boo sounds like a pet name for you very young child, perhaps pron to getting boo boos.

Yogi Bear's side kick was Boo Boo back in the 1970's

Boo is kind of a common little pet name. I guess he could have been homeless. Wonder what soup kitchens etc were around this area in 1991. Maybe at St Therese or something

His shoes were very worn and dirty, they had a lot of miles on them. Lots of homeless walk for miles and some times they get a ride if they are lucky. I am wondering if someone picked him up, and something happened and he was just dumped off in that area. He had no id, no wallet, no watch, rings or anything like a backpack or tote bag to carry anything. But if he was homeless he may have not had any ring or watch. No need for it. But if they have anything of value, they keep it in the shoes. You can sleep with your shoes and if you do get robbed, they don't get what you have in the shoes because they are on your feet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back