AK - Samantha Koenig, 18, Anchorage, 1 Feb 2012 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jersey - from what you said last on thread #1, I too feel CB has nothing to do with this. I STILL am bothered by the convenience of her bf being late, and the abductor seeming to think (or know?) he had time to allow her to gather her things and lock the door.

Jersey, can't quote from the other thread BUT it almost makes o e believe that BF, Dad and Sam had some sort of plan... of course, only if you don't take into consideration the length of time she's been gone and that her dad "seems" really upset... MOOOOOO

I hear ya but her dad is devastated. I mean he legit is extremely upset & worried. I don't see any signs of faking at all. Every single one of her friends are worried. Her whole family is concerned for her wellbeing. I know people have opinions regarding the reward & donations, about how it's being handled etc, but I've looked through his personal FB and I can see with my own eyes that this man is definitely learning as he goes along. He didn't even know how to tag a picture or a person until last year. Somebody had to teach him. It seems to me like he's your average everyday guy that is more hands on with stereotypical manly things rather than computers and such. Gosh the love he has for Samantha is all over his comments. I'm just not seeing him in on something like this.

One thing I do find strange is that Sam attended THREE high schools and DIDN'T FINISH ANY. Why? Was she expelled from the regular high schools or did she just leave to attend another one? AVAIL is an alternative school. Sure they have "vocational" in the title but it's not your average typical Votech school that some of us may know about. So, under what circumstance was she placed there? Maybe it's something mundane, like skipping school. However, if it was for other reasons, then that could suggest a different avenue to research.

Sooo many RSOs in the near vicinity where she lived with her father - over 700 mappable but even more that are unmappable - and that doesn't include the ones that haven't been caught yet. Sam's abduction could very well have been done by a RSO and that scares me bc if so then they would have disposed of her.

There's so many questions. I really hope the APD has really good reasons for not releasing the surveillance video.

Do you guys remember this from the last thread? I wonder if this guy was tracked down & questioned. What's his name? Age? Married? Brand & color of his truck? Why was he just sitting in his truck?

http://www.adn.com/2012/02/08/v-printer/2307318/police-report-some-progress-in.html

Snipped:
There was no sign of a struggle, he said. Soon after, when the Duncans watched the surveillance video, they saw something that made them call police immediately, he said. The couple would not elaborate on what triggered the call but said the video was obscured somehow.

"This perpetrator took obvious and deliberate means to avoid being captured on video," Tyler Duncan said.

The abduction was apparently so stealthy that a person seen in the video, sitting in a pickup about 50 feet from the stand, didn't appear to notice anything strange, Tyler said.

"They were just oblivious," he said.

Does someone know the background of this family? I am asking because it seems that Samantha was rebelling against her family during high school.

Was the mother in the picture? Did she blame herself or her father for her mother's absence?

What could have caused her to change school three times? Bad grades, attitude problems? Was she expelled?

Would love to know some answers to these questions....

Of course, everything I type is MOO.

See, and I have no concerns about her schooling lol. I was a loner in school (by choice) and switched schools several times.

I do believe her father and friends are missing her greatly and I continue to pray she is found soon. There is so much to go on in this case and yet nothing at all. MOO

See, and I have no concerns about her schooling lol. I was a loner in school (by choice) and switched schools several times.

I do believe her father and friends are missing her greatly and I continue to pray she is found soon. There is so much to go on in this case and yet nothing at all. MOO

Awww dillysmom ((( HUGS)))

The reason I can't get the schools out of my mind is bc the first 2 high schools she attended are normal high schools with a large student population and extra curricular organized activities...but AVAIL isn't like that. She went from leaving schools that had over 1000 students (I think even around 1500) to a school that barely had 100 students - and she didn't even finish that school. So why? At least at AVAIL she could obtain a diploma instead of a GED. Kwim? The whole reason behind it all might just be bc she's one of those kid's that just hates school. I'd like to know how she'd have an option not to finish, though. Can't that be controlled, or no?

I have a question for a mod please. I saw something on Craig's List and it has me thinking. Can I post a link to it? If not, can I rephrase what was sad? It's not a rumor and the person posting didn't even say anything rude. It just made me think, that's all...

Jersey, it wasn't a bad thing, I just preferred to be alone. I still do yet I am very outgoing and have 11 (9 adopted locally) kids. LOL!! I also homeschool my kids because I hated it school passionately. I've had to force the issue of finishing with my 18 year old daughter, perhaps Sam's dad just gave up. It certainly sounds like he really tried to get her to finish.

I'd love to see the CL link.

Question re. the schools:

Are West and South Anchorage Public Schools? Can people attend these no matter where they live? Or do you have to live in a specific neighborhood to attend?

I am asking cause if it's the latter then they must have moved? Maybe it was as simple as the family moving that Samantha had to change schools? MOO

I think you can just put up the link.

It's Craig's List though & it's not pertaining to Samantha...but it could be in an off beat kind of way. If I can't post it I'll try to think of another way to word my question... No biggie.

Jersey, it wasn't a bad thing, I just preferred to be alone. I still do yet I am very outgoing and have 11 (9 adopted locally) kids. LOL!! I also homeschool my kids because I hated it school passionately. I've had to force the issue of finishing with my 18 year old daughter, perhaps Sam's dad just gave up. It certainly sounds like he really tried to get her to finish.

OT- Patting you on the back my friend and ITU what you were saying
icon14.gif

Couldn't let your post past without acknowledging that.

Omg you're a saint gal! I just went through the same thing with my oldest, who just turned 18. He's in an alternative hs now bc he's a class clown jerk but everyone still loves him! Now that he's at the alternative school here, he'll graduate early. He has 1 class left to finish & then hes done. Of course i threw a fit but looks like the jokes on me. My middle son is completely opposite, goes to our county Votech but through a BioMed Academic program. He's in 10th grade & will have his Associates Degree before he has his hs diploma, no joke. So taking all that into consideration, especially considering your experience, maybe it's something really innocent, like maybe she didn't like school. When I read up on AVAIL, though, they don't have a high grad rate and they kind of look like one of those last resort schools.

I have a question for a mod please. I saw something on Craig's List and it has me thinking. Can I post a link to it? If not, can I rephrase what was sad? It's not a rumor and the person posting didn't even say anything rude. It just made me think, that's all...

I don't see anything wrong with putting up a link Jersey*Girl.

Ima

Omg you're a saint gal! I just went through the same thing with my oldest, who just turned 18. He's in an alternative hs now bc he's a class clown jerk but everyone still loves him! Now that he's at the alternative school here, he'll graduate early. He has 1 class left to finish & then hes done. Of course i threw a fit but looks like the jokes on me. My middle son is completely opposite, goes to our county Votech but through a BioMed Academic program. He's in 10th grade & will have his Associates Degree before he has his hs diploma, no joke. So taking all that into consideration, especially considering your experience, maybe it's something really innocent, like maybe she didn't like school. When I read up on AVAIL, though, they don't have a high grad rate and they kind of look like one of those last resort schools.

I'm definitely no saint, I just figure if I'm going to advocate for children I should put my money where my mouth is, so to speak. Not everyone is equipped (large house, great hubby, strong faith (!!)) to do that, but it works for us and the kiddos are AMAZING. I also have a son finishing up his AA along with his diploma, isn't that a great resource?!

I haven't looked into AVAIL, my computers are both down so I'm relying on my iPhone. I'll look it up in a bit. Still looking forward to that CL link!

Does someone know the background of this family? I am asking because it seems that Samantha was rebelling against her family during high school.

Was the mother in the picture? Did she blame herself or her father for her mother's absence?

What could have caused her to change school three times? Bad grades, attitude problems? Was she expelled?

Would love to know some answers to these questions....

Of course, everything I type is MOO.

I believe Sam's mom and dad divorced when she was pretty young, and for some reason he retained custody - I am not sure if this was decided by the courts, or between her parents. I have NO info on whether her mother was in the picture, but since she has gone missing, her dad has been front-and-center, and I have seen only 1 article/video quoting her mother. This is not a judgement, just an observation....
I too would like to know about the schools. It could be like dilly said above about her just hating school, or maybe it was more serious. Knowing whether she changed schools voluntarily or was forcibly moved might be telling in that regard....

ETA according to court records, her parents divorced in 1997. Sam would have been about 4 then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer