Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Quote Originally Posted by shefner View Post
    Who would have ever thought we would be approaching a year without any word of Holly?
    It is hard to believe that Holly has been gone almost a year. A year of her life that she has missed. Nursing graduation, fun with friends, dates with boyfriends, and holidays that have come and gone.

I have followed the McStay family disappearance and it is incredibly frustrating that people, even whole families, can simply vanish without a trace.

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

Oriah is offline Verified Expert/Professional in SAR and K9SAR
    Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    It is hard to believe that Holly has been gone almost a year. A year of her life that she has missed. Nursing graduation, fun with friends, dates with boyfriends, and holidays that have come and gone.

I have followed the McStay family disappearance and it is incredibly frustrating that people, even whole families, can simply vanish without a trace.
    Thank you Plumeria5, for talking about what Holly has missed.

I can only imagine how Holly's family and friends feel.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by nosyone View Post
    I have been going back to try to review comments from HB's parents and brother since the kidnapping and saw this one tonight which I don't believe I have seen. On other forums that I have been reading, people are beginning to question the whole scenario as to whether there was really a kidnapping. Does anyone remember seeing this interview? Any thoughts?

http://www.wreg.com/news/wreg-holly-...,6800717.story
    Yes, this is the one that gave me pause about the whole thing!

I wish they would have posted the entire interview on their website,
    rather then these few edited clips from it.

Wouldn't you think Natasha Chen would have strolled to the window and looked out with the camera as her eyes. To show the folks back home,
    the view Clint had as he guided her throught that fateful day?

One has to wonder what got left on the cutting room floor when they chose
    to air these snippets.

Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

(All my post are JMO)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Yes, this is the one that gave me pause about the whole thing!

I wish they would have posted the entire interview on their website,
    rather then these few edited clips from it.

Wouldn't you think Natasha Chen would have strolled to the window and looked out with the camera as her eyes. To show the folks back home,
    the view Clint had as he guided her throught that fateful day?

One has to wonder what got left on the cutting room floor when they chose
    to air these snippets.
    Houndstooth, you should have been the reporter on this case! She could have reenacted what happened that day unless for some reason someone didn't want that part shown.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

If it wasn't a kidnapping, what do you think happened? Curious about your thoughts.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deca For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    If it wasn't a kidnapping, what do you think happened? Curious about your thoughts.
    I just don't know WHAT happened! I keep asking myself how someone can just disappear without a trace, but along with Holly, I think about Natalie Holloway, Amy Bradley, etc.. I guess we have all been conditioned by TV that there is always a solution and it happens in an hour and these cases prove that it is definitely not the case. Any thoughts from your end on what happened?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to nosyone For This Useful Post:

I just don't know WHAT happened! I keep asking myself how someone can just disappear without a trace, but along with Holly, I think about Natalie Holloway, Amy Bradley, etc.. I guess we have all been conditioned by TV that there is always a solution and it happens in an hour and these cases prove that it is definitely not the case. Any thoughts from your end on what happened?
    Yet it happens all the time...thousands of people just vanish every year, many never to be seen again. Whether or not this started as a kidnapping, it became one, IMO, as Holly never made contact with anyone again. Even if she HAD gone willingly into the woods, it was never with the intent to be gone forever, IMO. And then there is the blood. That kind of seals it for me, anyway, that this was not voluntary. As far as Natalee...well, the ocean is a very large and unforgiving place, not as surprising there would be no trace.

I don't have the optimism that people will be found and cases will be solved...not to say I don't wish it, of course, but so many are not. Right now, I am waiting with very bated breath about Hailey...a case I have felt strongly about from the start and I've never stopped thinking about her. Certain ones stay with us, or touch us differently, I guess...Hailey is one of mine for one reason, and with Holly, it is partly that and partly the sheer mystery of what/who/how and the tiny bits of info known about her case. Her case seems unlike any other, IMO.
    Just my opinion, of course.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I like to hold out hope that every missing person will be found, but sadly there are so many that never are. They didn't vanish into thin air, something happened to them. The problem is with some, nobody really knows where to look. Sometimes remains are found by accident, but not all of these cases are so easily solved. Sometimes they end up as cold cases and a few are lucky enough that somebody in LE decides to take another look at them decades later and finds a clue that someone else missed, or follows a lead that didn't pan out the first time.
    Most people would be surprised to learn that the cold case files in a lot of places far outnumber the current investigations. LE can't perform miracles, they do the best they can with the information they have, but sometimes luck plays a big part in solving cases, and often luck doesn't seem to be on the side of the law.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Thinking about this case.... based on so many other cases I've seen, my gut feeling is that LE has a perp or perps clearly in mind, but are stuck because the perp(s) has been given good alibis by family or friends.
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

Rule-of-Three (click to visit blog)

Red Flags When Spouse Goes Missing (click to visit blog)

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OldSteve View Post
    Thinking about this case.... based on so many other cases I've seen, my gut feeling is that LE has a perp or perps clearly in mind, but are stuck because the perp(s) has been given good alibis by family or friends.
    I don't buy that for the simple reason we have exactly the same situation here in Florida with a missing woman. Her boyfriend is the ONLY person of interest and prime suspect in her disappearance, yet there is zero evidence linking him to her disappearance. That has not kept law enforcement, the victim's family, etc. from putting his name out there as the suspect. Pressure on him was so great that actually his new g/f cancelled their engagement because of the alleged crime. I can't see law encorcement and/or the family just covering up something and keeping it quiet if they had any real evidence. There are many other cases where LE will put a potential POI or suspect's name out there to get more people to come forward. Keeping it secret makes zero sense to me.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

I believe it to be a kidnapping, possibly by an acquaintance but I really don't know.

I guess for the non-kidnapping theories we could have an accident of some sort or some sort of hurting Holly as payback scenario but I think that is pretty far fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by deca View Post
    I believe it to be a kidnapping, possibly by an acquaintance but I really don't know.

I guess for the non-kidnapping theories we could have an accident of some sort or some sort of hurting Holly as payback scenario but I think that is pretty far fetched.
    Jilted boyfriend or one that wanted to be her boyfriend. That is

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Plumeria5 For This Useful Post:

Jilted boyfriend or one that wanted to be her boyfriend. That is
    Myself I think its someone that saw Holly around town. Someone that knew her but she did not know or know well. Anyone closer to her would have been known by her family and friends. There does not seem to be some obvious "jealous ex boyfriend" in the woodwork. Holly and Drew seem to have been together for some while too. I think more likely its someone, perhaps, like a mechanic at her garage, guy at the auto parts store, maintenance man at her school, etc. A person who Holly may have only known, seen, or met casually in a sort of hi/bye/oh thank you type of situation.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    Myself I think its someone that saw Holly around town. Someone that knew her but she did not know or know well. Anyone closer to her would have been known by her family and friends. There does not seem to be some obvious "jealous ex boyfriend" in the woodwork. Holly and Drew seem to have been together for some while too. I think more likely its someone, perhaps, like a mechanic at her garage, guy at the auto parts store, maintenance man at her school, etc. A person who Holly may have only known, seen, or met casually in a sort of hi/bye/oh thank you type of situation.
    So wouldn't what you are saying fit my "wanted to be her boyfriend" scenario?

I have a "Holly Bobo" alert with Google and received this alert. I have copied the link, but if this isn't allowable, please Madam Moderator, delete if it's not allowed. This is really, really, creepy! This person's "intuition" sounds a little too knowledgeable to me!

http://www.issues.cc/complaints/holl...spect-valhalla

28. The Following User Says Thank You to nosyone For This Useful Post:

So wouldn't what you are saying fit my "wanted to be her boyfriend" scenario?
    Well if you mean in his own head (only) then yeah. But I do not think he ever had any relationship with Holly outside of perhaps a passing hi or thank you or whatever. I don't see the suspect as the stalker type that usually hassles and threatens his victim, as there is no evidence of that. Seemingly no one was bothering Holly to the point that she told her friends of family about anyone. You would think something like that would have come up over the last year if it were true.
    Lashelle

I have a "Holly Bobo" alert with Google and received this alert. I have copied the link, but if this isn't allowable, please Madam Moderator, delete if it's not allowed. This is really, really, creepy! This person's "intuition" sounds a little too knowledgeable to me!

http://www.issues.cc/complaints/holl...spect-valhalla
    Sadly, I really think that Valhalla's post could be a very plausible theory involving HB's disappearance. It certainly fits the known facts in the case..granted not a very tall hurtle, and it also fits in with LE belief that a local was involved, and it fits in with any one of a 100 TV and movie plots that i'm sure we have all seen...
    I mean IMO if I where a local this is exactly the type of person I would be asking myself, "who do I know like that gives me that not quite right feeling." Mental Illness is real, and it has symtoms just like every desease..and if people pay attention, they can spot these types of people.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonless For This Useful Post:

I don't buy that for the simple reason we have exactly the same situation here in Florida with a missing woman. Her boyfriend is the ONLY person of interest and prime suspect in her disappearance, yet there is zero evidence linking him to her disappearance. That has not kept law enforcement, the victim's family, etc. from putting his name out there as the suspect. Pressure on him was so great that actually his new g/f cancelled their engagement because of the alleged crime. I can't see law encorcement and/or the family just covering up something and keeping it quiet if they had any real evidence. There are many other cases where LE will put a potential POI or suspect's name out there to get more people to come forward. Keeping it secret makes zero sense to me.
    Respectfully disagree that the two cases are similar situations, but so be it...

I think the case you are referring to is that of Kelly Rothwell which I've followed as well.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130907"]FL FL - Kelly Rothwell, 35, Indian Rocks Beach, 12 March 2011 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

There is no one who stands out in Holly's case like Kelly's BF does in her's...
    Speaking of mysteries - billions of people past/present, how on earth did I get be on earth and self-aware?

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OldSteve For This Useful Post:

When was the bf named as a POI/Suspect?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
    Boyfriend of missing Pinellas police cadet Kelly Rothwell named as suspect

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/new...#ixzz1q3vZzPZT

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Holly Bobo.

Thats just it Oldsteve... there IS no one in the Holly Bobo case. If LE knew about someone they probably would have made it known. Or the family would have indicated they suspected someone. But with Holly we have heard nothing.

This article assumes she is dead (probably a good assumption but still)...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/17246740...other-killings
    Lashelle

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Fishee View Post
    No in the local disappearance of Kelly Rothwell her b/f is the only POI and only suspect, yet LE has no real evidence and despite questioning him, he has not been arrested. The lack of evidence has not kept LE from being very public in their statements about his assocaition with Kellys disappearance, however. Its not like they have been silent at all. And, all of Kelly's friends have been vocal about him too.
    Lashelle

40. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Thats just it Oldsteve... there IS no one in the Holly Bobo case. If LE knew about someone they probably would have made it known. Or the family would have indicated they suspected someone. But with Holly we have heard nothing.

This article assumes she is dead (probably a good assumption but still)...

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/17246740...other-killings
    What a weird article...says Karen's death is not linked to the "death of Holly Bobo"...at least it does until someone changes it...
    Just my opinion, of course.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Yeah a really weird article...
    Lashelle

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast