Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Is this the only case in tn where they have had multiple incorrect press releases?! They did not have any clarifications for Karen swift or Gail palmgren did they? The very first press release was revised several times for Holly. Dragged, pulled, guided, walked. And mom was there, mom wasn't there, etc?!
    Last edited by Yoda; 02-29-2012 at 02:15 AM. Reason: Sp
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cocomod View Post
    I am going to go out on a limb here. I rarely do this, but I must say something. If I were Kristen Helm with the TBI, I would honestly be embarrassed. There are several high profile cases in TN this year, and the TBI has NOT solved even one of these cases. I just do NOT get it!

Coco

I am disciplining myself! Bad Coco Bad Coco!
    I agree.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wonless For This Useful Post:

It’s been over 10 months since Holly has been missing. TBI’s secretive nature in handling this case has, obviously, not produced Holly. It seems as though TBI’s secret investigation has made things appear more complicated at least from where I’m standing. And now there is more money on the table, $250,000 and the vultures (psychics, et al) are circling. Did the increase of the reward prompt the latest search which turned up “significant articles of evidence” but then, wait for it, no, nothing, never mind people. Nothing to see here. Move along now. Hey, if more money makes LE move their butts to search for Holly, then great. Or I could be totally off base here, and maybe the recent arrest of RSO Britt gave them some info. Or LE could have found a tip on where to look for Holly by searching through that Calabrese guy’s things. But that new money on the table sure did seem like a push. I just hope that this is not a sign of things to come as in if you want LE to find your missing loved one, you better have “big” money in escrow.

IMO, more than ever, TBI should give a press conf. and clear up a few things.

jmo

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wishuwerehere For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marlame View Post
    I find it hard to believe that when the sheriff said this...

"Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."

...That it was " incorrect information in a press release". My bet is TBI didn't want this info released. WTH????

Please let them find Holly!

JMHO~ MarlaMe
    I disagree, I don't believe its would be legal for LE "if" a piece of information where leaked that they didn't want leaked, for them to lie about the existance of the information/evidence...I think if that where the case you would something more like "We have no comment at this time..." or "We can not discuss an ongoing investigation.." Want I mean is that I think its legally shakey ground for public officials to knowingly lie to the public, and I doubt that they would.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wonless For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Is this the only case in tn where they have had multiple incorrect press releases?! They did not have any clarifications for Karen swift or Gail palmgren did they? The very first press release was revised several times for Holly. Dragged, pulled, guided, walked. And mom was there, mom wasn't there, etc?!
    I followed Karen's case and don't recall all these inconsistencies. But then again, that case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering why they had to get LE from Alabama to do a search? I realize they have horses but so does TES and perhaps TES has other equipment that can handle such remote areas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually doing ground searches rather than para gliders but wondering why not get experienced SAR teams with proper equipment?

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I followed Karen's case and don't recall all these inconsistencies. But then again, that case remains unsolved.

I'm wondering why they had to get LE from Alabama to do a search? I realize they have horses but so does TES and perhaps TES has other equipment that can handle such remote areas?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they're actually doing ground searches rather than para gliders but wondering why not get experienced SAR teams with proper equipment?
    This particular sheriff's unit has a good record, had the equipment, expertise, etc. They were asked to do the search. I would trust a trained agency like the DeKalb unit over a private bunch any day.
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    This particular sheriff's unit has a good record, had the equipment, expertise, etc. They were asked to do the search. I would trust a trained agency like the DeKalb unit over a private bunch any day.
    Well ok then. Let's hope they found something. Anything to solve this case!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Plumeria5 View Post
    Very true! It is one thing to say there is evidence but then they elaborated with the "tagged with GPS and turned over to the TBI". Someone is not being truthful here and I have a feeling it is the TBI.

What are they hiding?

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

I dont think this case will be solved anytime soon! JMO

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Only thing here is i do not believe TES would change their story like DeKalb did.
    LE is LE! and changing their story made them look really bad its sad!
    JMO

I do not for one second think its media reporting on all this now i understand why Media does not cover this!

jmo

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post

That part of northern Alabama has some very remote wilderness areas where people get lost all the time. So I'm sure they have an excellent search team. I think it can only be a good thing that they are involved. I'm sure they have the proper equipment, but more importantly they are very professional.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Wonless View Post
    I disagree, I don't believe its would be legal for LE "if" a piece of information where leaked that they didn't want leaked, for them to lie about the existance of the information/evidence...I think if that where the case you would something more like "We have no comment at this time..." or "We can not discuss an ongoing investigation.." Want I mean is that I think its legally shakey ground for public officials to knowingly lie to the public, and I doubt that they would.
    Maybe not illegal, but certainly unprofessional, as well as unethical. Nine times out of ten it is the media who reports inaccurately. Even when they report something as a direct quote from LE, you can't be certain it is exact word-for-word. They will edit out words which could alter the whole meaning.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TxLady2 For This Useful Post:

Bumping Holly's FBI poster again:

http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap/holly-bobo/view

26. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Oriah For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Only thing here is i do not believe TES would change their story like DeKalb did.
    LE is LE! and changing their story made them look really bad its sad!
    JMO

I do not for one second think its media reporting on all this now i understand why Media does not cover this!

jmo
    Im not sure if its DeKalb changing anything or the TBI/Henderson/Darden LE. TES sure screwed things up here in FL with the Haleigh Cummings fiasco thats for sure when they tried to play cop and run an undercover investigation of their own
    Lashelle

"Remember, They will never buy the cow if they can get the eggs for free! " ... Kelly Bundy

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Carla Lashelle For This Useful Post:

Im not sure if its DeKalb changing anything or the TBI/Henderson/Darden LE. TES sure screwed things up here in FL with the Haleigh Cummings fiasco thats for sure when they tried to play cop and run an undercover investigation of their own
    Yes and thank you for saying that definitely needs to be repeated.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RoseRed For This Useful Post:

Page 10 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast