Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
Results 576 to 600 of 852

Thread: TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

  1. #576
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Rural Alabama
    Posts
    2,489
    Yeah I think AMW is just kind of haphazardly slapped together in some respects. That's why I compared it to Nancy Grace. It can do some good but it's certainly not quality investigative journalism.

    What really bugs me about it is that they do these long re-enactments with an actor playing the most wanted criminal then they just show one picture of the actual criminal at the end of the segment. It leaves the impression of how the actor looks more than the actual criminal.

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chili Fries For This Useful Post:


  3. #577
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    I do not think AMW is slapped together i think they do their pieces with the info given to them by family.
    Hard to put together a piece when u are getting a diff story than the one that been used previously.

    I also think LE learn's muy mucho from these little pieces put together by these TV stations.
    Im not so sure how much contact LE and the Bobos have!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  5. #578
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    I think it's up to $250,000. Yeah a significant amount and definitely should have been mentioned!!
    I thought that, too all along.
    But, recently it was explained that the $250,000 raised from private funds is a separate fund from the one which includes the Guvnor, and Police Benevolent fund and assorted rewards that was currently set at $85,000.
    Then again, clarifications of anything in this case usually leads to more confusion!

    ETA: The criteria for payout are different as well.
    The $250,000 is for safe return ONLY.
    The $85,000 is based on and after an arrest and conviction.


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:


  7. #579
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I do not think AMW is slapped together i think they do their pieces with the info given to them by family.
    Hard to put together a piece when u are getting a diff story than the one that been used previously.

    I also think LE learn's muy mucho from these little pieces put together by these TV stations.
    Im not so sure how much contact LE and the Bobos have!

    You'd think the advance guys would have done a little homework first though to know if what they were presenting was in some way at odds with previous statements.


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  8. #580
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,299
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    You'd think the advance guys would have done a little homework first though to know if what they were presenting was in some way at odds with previous statements.
    Maybe that was the point of this show.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  10. #581
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    17,299
    A year ago

    [ame]http://video.foxnews.com/v/4659531/john-walsh-on-st-louis-jailbreak-holly-bobo-case[/ame]
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

  11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ~n/t~ For This Useful Post:


  12. #582
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    You'd think the advance guys would have done a little homework first though to know if what they were presenting was in some way at odds with previous statements.
    I think they knew exactly what they were doing!

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  14. #583
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    We are being spied on LOL

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  16. #584
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by ~n/t~ View Post
    Interesting!
    Two weeks into the case and JW is under the impression that Clint STILL had not been given a poly.

    As for the other story.
    It was my impression that was just a faux news story.
    Likened unto a Bugs Bunny cartoon for good reason.
    It is preposterous to think these criminals were able to tear up
    the ceiling, break a reinforced window, tie bedsheets together and shinny down the front of the detention facility on a busy street at communte times!
    And escape.
    Whatever!!

    Maybe I will think there is some reason the Holly Bobo story is companioned with this jailbreak story.


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:


  18. #585
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Interesting!
    Two weeks into the case and JW is under the impression that Clint STILL had not been given a poly.

    As for the other story.
    It was my impression that was just a faux news story.
    Likened unto a Bugs Bunny cartoon for good reason.
    It is preposterous to think these criminals were able to tear up
    the ceiling, break a reinforced window, tie bedsheets together and shinny down the front of the detention facility on a busy street at communte times!
    And escape.
    Whatever!!

    Maybe I will think there is some reason the Holly Bobo story is companioned with this jailbreak story.


    For some reason i dont think he has taken a poly! Or maybe has not passed one!

    Has he gone back to work or school?

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  20. #586
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    For some reason i dont think he has taken a poly! Or maybe has not passed one!

    Has he gone back to work or school?
    Apparently, sending fliers to churches in Kentucky, or Mississippi, or Belize is the career for the foreseeable future for all of them.

    I don't see what church members in the Southern Baptist convention are supposed to do about a kidnapping, but then, I'm not in LE.


    ETA:
    What if the alleged kidnapper is a lapsed Episcopalian or something?
    Then they're going to be in a pickle.


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:


  22. #587
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Apparently, sending fliers to churches in Kentucky, or Mississippi, or Belize is the career for the foreseeable future for all of them.

    I don't see what church members in the Southern Baptist convention are supposed to do about a kidnapping, but then, I'm not in LE.


    ETA:
    What if the alleged kidnapper is a lapsed Episcopalian or something?
    Then they're going to be in a pickle.

    Fliers wont help now!
    A year later! They needed ppl searching not posting pictures!
    And why to churches? I dont get it either!

    If she did run off she wouldnt look like that any more!

  23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  24. #588
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Indeed. I don't know why credible SAR teams were overlooked in favor of the
    Member Churches in the Southern Baptist Convention and their South and Central American sister ministries.

    I wonder if this played a role in the change of spokesmen in name only.
    It may be the other church connected to Bromley was still having bad publicity.
    Or explains how the opening came up at Parsons First Baptist so that he could leave his associate pastor position at Corith.

    http://dannimoss.wordpress.com/2008/...tion-web-site/


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:


  26. #589
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Indeed. I don't know why credible SAR teams were overlooked in favor of the
    Member Churches in the Southern Baptist Convention and their South and Central American sister ministries.

    I wonder if this played a role in the change of spokesmen in name only.
    It may be the other church connected to Bromley was still having bad publicity.
    Or explains how the opening came up at Parsons First Baptist so that he could leave his associate pastor position at Corith.

    http://dannimoss.wordpress.com/2008/...tion-web-site/
    Well they had paragliders!!!!!! they didnt need credible SAR teams,
    I think Bromley wanted OUT. JMO but would u stay and be spokesperson for
    a group that cant get its stories straight.
    what can he say?

    Oh i cant respond to that or im not aware of that i have no clue???? LOL
    he was smart to bow out!

  27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  28. #590
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Now i do not want to jump to conclusions lol but who would this cousin be and why wasnt he or she mentioned a year ago?

  29. The Following User Says Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  30. #591
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Well they had paragliders!!!!!! they didnt need credible SAR teams,
    I think Bromley wanted OUT. JMO but would u stay and be spokesperson for
    a group that cant get its stories straight.
    what can he say?

    Oh i cant respond to that or im not aware of that i have no clue???? LOL
    he was smart to bow out!
    Yes, I suppose, it is one or the other or by mutual agreement.
    He wouldn't want to be spokesperson when all he can say is "I don't know".
    But, they may not have wanted connections to the Parsons First Baptist Church either when it was having the child pornography issues of the Pastor that Bromley replaced.


    And I am sure there is nothing to see here about little chuches in no stoplight towns making regular pilgrimages to Belize or Costa Rica or whatever either. A carwash here, a bakesale there and pretty soon you are in Belmopan!


    ETA: See, I am exhibit A.
    If not for Bromley being their spokesperson for a stint, I would have never known about the child pornography issues of that Church and how the SBC didn't remove them from the website.
    Last edited by houndstooth; 04-23-2012 at 03:26 PM.


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  31. #592
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,456
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    Now i do not want to jump to conclusions lol but who would this cousin be and why wasnt he or she mentioned a year ago?
    I can't believe you said that Eileen!
    You've been on this case 3 months longer than me!
    I've only been at this for nine months now.

    How many stories and articles have you read that contained a mention
    about one of her cousins?


    Believe none of what you hear, and half of what you see ~ Benjamin Franklin

    (All my post are JMO)

  32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to houndstooth For This Useful Post:


  33. #593
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    SouthWest Florida
    Posts
    12,531
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    I can't believe you said that Eileen!
    You've been on this case 3 months longer than me!
    I've only been at this for nine months now.

    How many stories and articles have you read that contained a mention
    about one of her cousins?

    LOL i was making a statement it was said i was jumping to conclusions lol

    Go figure!

    I actually stopped looking for news on her.
    I dont think there will be any!

  34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:


  35. #594
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    Quote Originally Posted by Eileen730 View Post
    I have to agree with you here!
    I do not think LE told anyone about whos blood was found and Dana spilled the beans. this family reallyhas not been out looking for this young woman sending posters to churches is not finding her and i believe are covering for their son. JMO
    The amount of money collected and raised in this case is astronomical! Last I heard Clint was drving around delivering posters. I guess that counts for...what about $100,000? They did a lot of fund raising. They collected $32,000 in the first week and stated they were saving it for Holly when she gets home...and for a vacation for her.

    Lots more was raised since then. We hear nothing. They made one appearance together on JVM and that was that.

    Holly deserved so much better. LE and the family have not done much to help solve this case.

  36. #595
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    22,198
    What this case needed was a good investigative reporter - but those, for print media, are few and far between in these days of plummeting sales and adjustment to the medium of the internet. I'm amazed this case didn't attract someone, though.

  37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:


  38. #596
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,663
    About the searches.
    Did they mostly check open fields?
    Any knowledge about checking property.
    Looking in buildings, underground shelters/storm cellars
    for bad weather or canning etc.
    Any reports from neighbors about renovation work/additions/construction before she was reported missing on anyone's property.
    Anyone check with local hardware, lumber yards see if any purchases for additions were made etc.
    Any private cabins anyone knows about that hasn't been check etc?


    +
    Anneliese Michel

    [second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

    Emily Rose


  39. The Following User Says Thank You to :+:MrTT:+: For This Useful Post:


  40. #597
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    Quote Originally Posted by houndstooth View Post
    Oh, while you were away, the spokesperson got changed last week, too.
    Now we are told the family's spokesperson was Don Franks, the preacher of her Corinth Baptist Church.
    No mention of Kevin Bromley.
    Just as the bf's out and the cousin's in.
    Bromley has been replaced in the story by Franks.
    Is he the one involved in the death of one of his parisheners at the church? It's been awhile.

    I find it interesting that the pastor/sheriff/spokesmen/lawyer-type people manage the family.

    Hey, who's holding the $250,000?

  41. #598
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Indiana [USA]
    Posts
    1,663
    Any chance perhaps of getting a family member on here.
    Since they themselves don't seem to be getting updates or information on the case?
    +
    Anneliese Michel

    [second chapter twelfth verse of Philippians]
    ["Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling"]

    Emily Rose


  42. #599
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    Somebody mentioned Dana as being quiet. I'll say,.... he has flown beneath the radar the entire trip...

    ...............not quite as well as Drew though..

  43. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


  44. #600
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    San Francisco, Penninsula
    Posts
    17,667
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    What this case needed was a good investigative reporter - but those, for print media, are few and far between in these days of plummeting sales and adjustment to the medium of the internet. I'm amazed this case didn't attract someone, though.
    Have you noticed how difficult it is to do reporting in these rural areas? People out there don't want to talk to anybody. I noticed media trucks didn't last long out there.

    The Bobo family have not mingled with the media much at all. The church, people, family have managed to raise a lot of money w/o resorting to TV...amazing!

  45. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Whisperer For This Useful Post:


Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1167
    Last Post: 11-30-2011, 03:32 PM
  2. Replies: 573
    Last Post: 05-05-2011, 09:58 PM
  3. Replies: 544
    Last Post: 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM
  4. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #8
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 581
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 12:44 PM
  5. TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #3
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Holly Bobo
    Replies: 577
    Last Post: 04-17-2011, 12:09 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •