TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #32

Status
Not open for further replies.

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Please continue here.

Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen early on the morning of April 13, 2011, outside of her home in Darden, Tennessee. She was seen being led away from the carport of her home toward a wooded area by a man described as approximately 5'8" to 6'0" tall and 200 pounds, wearing camouflage clothing.
Holly Lynn Bobo was last seen wearing a pink shirt and light blue jeans.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/kidnap

image_thumb
image_thumb

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6

Thread #7
Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10

Thread #11
Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14

Thread #15
Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18

Thread #19
Thread #20

Thread #21
Thread #22

Thread #23
Thread #24

Thread #25

Thread #26

Thread #27
Thread #28

Thread #29
Thread #30
Thread #31

-RUMORS are not allowed and will be removed.

-It's fine to discuss the brother and anyone mentioned in the media and tied to this case. Its not ok to talk about him or anyone as a suspect or POI. No one has been named as such.

-If you are new to us here, please take a moment to review our Terms of Service and Rules, especially the piece regarding social networking sites (Facebook and Twitter):
Rules Etiquette & Information

Professional Posters & Verified Locals/Insiders

Holly Bobo Map
Created by Hollye Thanks!

Some blog sites are not allowed to be linked to because of so many rumors being posted on them. Please pm a Mod if its not posted below to see if they are allowed.

The following blog sites are allowed to be linked to:
Case Signal (BeanE's site)
Val - The Hinky Meter
Amandareckonwth's case archive site - Crankycrankerson
Patty G's Video Library site

Please continue here!

To answer HauntsForHope's question from the last thread about how Michael King targeted Denise Lee...the only info I've seen is that a witness remembered seeing both King and Denise in the post office at the same time the morning she was abducted. It's very possible that something about her caught his eye, so he decided to act on his urge and follow her home and abduct her.

Denise was able to call 911 while she was in King's car using his phone. The police listened in while she had a conversation with him and heard her say that she had never seen him before. Her husband also had no knowledge of King. It seems that King noticed her without her noticing him.

I think something like this could have happened with Holly or the abductor could be somebody who she just met in passing without realizing she made an impact on him. Maybe somebody who works/worked with a family member or friend or something like that. A fleeting encounter could have precipitated this.

The Denise Amber Lee murder happened just south of where I live. LE really dropped the ball big time in this case, and is directly responsible for her death.

Exactly how King came into contact with Denise is not known. The story that they were in line together at the post office was refuted by her husband, who said Denise had not gone to the post office that day. I don't know if King was at the post office himself but if he was in line behind some woman it was not Denise.

Ultimately King was convicted of rape, murder, etc.

The Denise Amber Lee murder happened just south of where I live. LE really dropped the ball big time in this case, and is directly responsible for her death.

Exactly how King came into contact with Denise is not known. The story that they were in line together at the post office was refuted by her husband, who said Denise had not gone to the post office that day. I don't know if King was at the post office himself but if he was in line behind some woman it was not Denise.

Ultimately King was convicted of rape, murder, etc.

So Tragic...

To answer HauntsForHope's question from the last thread about how Michael King targeted Denise Lee...the only info I've seen is that a witness remembered seeing both King and Denise in the post office at the same time the morning she was abducted. It's very possible that something about her caught his eye, so he decided to act on his urge and follow her home and abduct her.

Denise was able to call 911 while she was in King's car using his phone. The police listened in while she had a conversation with him and heard her say that she had never seen him before. Her husband also had no knowledge of King. It seems that King noticed her without her noticing him.

I think something like this could have happened with Holly or the abductor could be somebody who she just met in passing without realizing she made an impact on him. Maybe somebody who works/worked with a family member or friend or something like that. A fleeting encounter could have precipitated this.

Yes, I can imagine HB driving through town in her muscle car. You just know she attracted a lot of attention. I was looking at pictures this morning, of her showing off her black Mustang. I have been driving Mustangs myself since my very first car at age 17 and I can tell you they get a LOT of attention and comments from strangers. It would be easy enough to follow her home to see where she lived, and maybe scope out the house from the logging road...

So this guy delivered newspapers? Is that what this article said? I wonder if the Bobo's got the paper delivered or if any of their neighbors did??

didn't someone already answer this that the "newspaper" was some sort of bulk mail flier?

It seems like to me that if they had any shred of evidence on this guy we would have seen him charged by now. IMO this is another road that's headed nowhere. I guess we can start looking forward to the "Holly has been gone 1 year...and we still don't have a clue day."

Does the size of a reward really matter if someone knows that a violent criminal is possibly involved in another crime? Whatever happened to people just wanting criminals to be taken off the streets for the safety of their families and the rest of the community? I hate to think anyone has just been waiting to tell what happened to Holly until the reward increased, or until an arrest of a sex offender is made. I can't recall many cases at all where a reward size made any difference. Rewards are not claimed all that often anyway, JMO.

Some people have presented a picture of this community being frozen with fear, knowing who the offender is but too scared to say. Really? Sorry, but that sounds utterly ridiculous to me. Sure, a person or two may know, but chances are they have some involvement before, during or after the crime. I seriously doubt there is a "conspiracy of silence" by the locals due to fear. If it is true, Holly has no hope of being found. JMO

Does the size of a reward really matter if someone knows that a violent criminal is possibly involved in another crime? Whatever happened to people just wanting criminals to be taken off the streets for the safety of their families and the rest of the community? I hate to think anyone has just been waiting to tell what happened to Holly until the reward increased, or until an arrest of a sex offender is made. I can't recall many cases at all where a reward size made any difference. Rewards are not claimed all that often anyway, JMO.

Some people have presented a picture of this community being frozen with fear, knowing who the offender is but too scared to say. Really? Sorry, but that sounds utterly ridiculous to me. Sure, a person or two may know, but chances are they have some involvement before, during or after the crime. I seriously doubt there is a "conspiracy of silence" by the locals due to fear. If it is true, Holly has no hope of being found. JMO
Nice post cluc and I think you raise some interesting points. I think it would be fair to say that every situation is unique and people's motivations are always evolving.
Do rewards work, yes they do. Do rewards work a fair percentage of the time, no they don't. The unibomber was turned in by his brother for a one million dollar reward.
Bin Laden had a 30 million dollar bounty but I don't think anyone expected somebody to step forward and try to collect it. Here are links to a case that happened in my neck of the woods, the Riley Fox case-
http://www.criminallawyerrollingmeadows.com/tipster-reward-denied-in-riley-fox-case/
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...04_1_riley-fox-murder-trisha-kiefer-scott-eby
The father confessed to killing his daughter and spent 8 months in jail to then be exonerated by DNA evidence and then received an 8 million dollar settlement. The FBI got involved and asked the community for tips and five years later a woman had vague suspicions that her ex-boyfriend could of been involved and the ex-boyfriend eventually confessed a year later to the murder while he was in jail for another crime. The tipster claimed she never came forward before because Mr. Fox was charged with the crime and she had no proof her ex-boyfriend was involved, she felt that this man was dangerous and should be looked at in connection to this crime, she was not purely motivated by a reward.
Getting back on topic, I do think the Decatur county citizens are frozen with fear and although I do agree it isn't because they "all know" who abducted HB, it's probably because they "all know" being to nosy can get them into serious trouble. This is a small community where everybody is familiar with one another and LE pointed the finger at the community as a whole. I think one could draw a parallel between 10 random people being invited to a old house on an island somewhere and then being told that a violent person is among them. Also, this area has a history of strange criminal behavior. I'm still amazed at how many RSO live in that community and iirc, 11 RSO live within 5 miles of the Bobo home. Also, doing the math it equates to roughly 200 citizens for every RSO in Parsons and the TN state average is roughly 1,000 citizens for every RSO. If we then consider that all of the RSO in Parsons are male and then evenly split the population by gender, the number becomes a staggering 1 out of 100~ males are RSO, or 1%.
If I was a betting person, I would lean more towards the "conspiracy of silence" being people not trying to pry too much info and then being put in the position where somebody thinks they may know something. The quote from TBI, "People have info they are not sharing", rings a bell. I would also agree all this silence is not helpful to finding HB, but people's motivations do change over time and who knows what will be the catalyst to finding her. This case is tragic on so many levels and sometimes I find myself wondering how any community as a whole would tolerate this for 10 months and now into the foreseeable future. JMO

Nice post cluc and I think you raise some interesting points. I think it would be fair to say that every situation is unique and people's motivations are always evolving.
Do rewards work, yes they do. Do rewards work a fair percentage of the time, no they don't. The unibomber was turned in by his brother for a one million dollar reward.
Bin Laden had a 30 million dollar bounty but I don't think anyone expected somebody to step forward and try to collect it. Here are links to a case that happened in my neck of the woods, the Riley Fox case-
http://www.criminallawyerrollingmeadows.com/tipster-reward-denied-in-riley-fox-case/
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...04_1_riley-fox-murder-trisha-kiefer-scott-eby
The father confessed to killing his daughter and spent 8 months in jail to then be exonerated by DNA evidence and then received an 8 million dollar settlement. The FBI got involved and asked the community for tips and five years later a woman had vague suspicions that her ex-boyfriend could of been involved and the ex-boyfriend eventually confessed a year later to the murder while he was in jail for another crime. The tipster claimed she never came forward before because Mr. Fox was charged with the crime and she had no proof her ex-boyfriend was involved, she felt that this man was dangerous and should be looked at in connection to this crime, she was not purely motivated by a reward.
Getting back on topic, I do think the Decatur county citizens are frozen with fear and although I do agree it isn't because they "all know" who abducted HB, it's probably because they "all know" being to nosy can get them into serious trouble. This is a small community where everybody is familiar with one another and LE pointed the finger at the community as a whole. I think one could draw a parallel between 10 random people being invited to a old house on an island somewhere and then being told that a violent person is among them. Also, this area has a history of strange criminal behavior. I'm still amazed at how many RSO live in that community and iirc, 11 RSO live within 5 miles of the Bobo home. Also, doing the math it equates to roughly 200 citizens for every RSO in Parsons and the TN state average is roughly 1,000 citizens for every RSO. If we then consider that all of the RSO in Parsons are male and then evenly split the population by gender, the number becomes a staggering 1 out of 100~ males are RSO, or 1%.
If I was a betting person, I would lean more towards the "conspiracy of silence" being people not trying to pry too much info and then being put in the position where somebody thinks they may know something. The quote from TBI, "People have info they are not sharing", rings a bell. I would also agree all this silence is not helpful to finding HB, but people's motivations do change over time and who knows what will be the catalyst to finding her. This case is tragic on so many levels and sometimes I find myself wondering how any community as a whole would tolerate this for 10 months and now into the foreseeable future. JMO

The thing is "people have info they aren't sharing" and "we are one clue away" are cliches to be used by LE anytime, in any case, so they have little value to me. JMO

The thing is "people have info they aren't sharing" and "we are one clue away" are cliches to be used by LE anytime, in any case, so they have little value to me. JMO
Fair enough, but why get hung up on statements like that when they are presented with a basis, not like the TBI did by just throwing up in the air. IMO you are comparing apples and oranges. I 100% agree that those statements on their own were not worth the breath used to speak that sentence, but as a sleuther, if you are not trying to make connections then you are just banging your head against the wall.
"Progress is our ability to complicate simplicity." - Thor Heyerdahl

What I found interesting about the increase in the reward is the timing and the amount. LE rounded up all the RSO's for questioning, all but one, were located right after the abduction. (And yes, they are concentrated here.) Britt being seen in Parsons in Aug is relevant because he couldnt be found by LE until recently, a violation of the RSO regulations. By offering a quarter million dollars for Hollys Safe Return, tells me someone believes she is still alive. So, why did Britt skip town, where did he go, and does it even matter? Or does this small town have another local perve that has the guts to snatch a young woman form her doorstep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123