Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Carla Lashelle View Post
    yes its in Henderson County
    Henderson County.... near where Holly's grandmother's land is located?

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to T4Tide For This Useful Post:

That's not what it said in the quote I posted a bit ago. This quote leaves out a lot of words!
    I know, I was just trying to hazard a guess at what the sentence might be trying to say...who knows...
    Just my opinion, of course.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

I think we are feeling some movement in Holly's case...starting with the arrest of the SO. (And I'm not saying the SO has anything to do with Holly's case) You can feel a bit of intensity building, even if all the info we are receiving isn't exactly verified. ANY movement in a case of this length is good...if nothing more than for publicity. Hopefully the perp is feeling some pressure....

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to shefner For This Useful Post:

My two cents ~ the TBI knows they are running out of time if they are going to find any evidence before Spring comes. I mean, everything is blooming here in Tennessee right now because it has been warm, and things are greening up. The weeds will be several feet high and the snakes will be out by May, so they only have a short time left to do these searches.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Well something is afoot... this is the first fairly large scale official search I have heard about in some months; the DeKalb County Sheriff's Mounted Unit

http://www.waff.com/story/17027461/d...ly-bobo-search

Not only that, they seem to have found something (but then we have heard that before...)

"The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged each piece of evidence with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI.

DeKalb County Sheriff Jimmy Harris said these articles will allow the TBI to move forward with their investigation."

Note that the Sheriff said the items WILL ALLOW the TBI to move forward with their investigation. He did not say could....
    That is so interesting about tagging things with GPS. Campsites? Equipment dumped in the woods? Empty food or fuel cans? Sleeping bags?

There are just so many possibilities and reasons why they might just tag it and leave it where it is for the TBI.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

That's not what it said in the quote I posted a bit ago. This quote leaves out a lot of words!
    Carla, I read your post and went back to the article I read at Fox 6.

I checked the wording it is exactly as you originally quoted,"
    The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged the areas searched with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI."
    Link

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/1702746...type=printable

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/...-disappearance

People who work at Dottie's Convenience store say there were at least 100 people searching and many of them were on horseback.

"We was asking if they were here searching and they said they couldn't disclose that information and stuff and they wouldn't really tell us much," said Kayla Hatley, a clerk at the store.

However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.
    Always tell the truth. That way you don't have to remember what you said.--Mark Twain

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MagnoliaMom For This Useful Post:

The only confirmed item found was the lunch bag I think off Goonch road (? i forget now). But LE and the family had said perhaps that was planted as a ruse.
    planted? oh, i hadn't heard that. so le is working off the theory that HB was killed and left in the local woods and the lunch bag tossed 8 mi North as a diversion?
    "When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever." -Proverbs 10:25

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HauntsForHope For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MizStery View Post
    Carla, I read your post and went back to the article I read at Fox 6.

I checked the wording it is exactly as you originally quoted,"
    The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to find several significant articles of evidence. They tagged the areas searched with their GPS system and turned it over to the TBI."
    Link

http://www.myfoxal.com/story/1702746...type=printable
    I just don't get why the wdef article said the opposite, that NOTHING was found...why is everything such a muddle in this case???

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Cluciano be sure to read the entire article linked at the end.
    As Carla LaShelle pointed out in her post why would WDEF completely edit out any mention of the items from the weekend search sent on to the TBI.

Thanks to MagnoliaMom for the link. The following quote is from WMCTV.
    People who work at Dottie's Convenience store say there were at least 100 people searching and many of them were on horseback.

"We was asking if they were here searching and they said they couldn't disclose that information
    and stuff and they wouldn't really tell us much," said Kayla Hatley, a clerk at the store.

However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

http://www.wmctv.com/story/17031447/...-disappearance
    I did read both, the two stations had opposite info as to whether or not anything was found...

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I did read both, the two stations had opposite info as to whether or not anything was found...
    Here is the paragraph from the WMCTV article which MagnoliaMom linked in her post that refers to found articles in the search.

"However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

"One mounted unit came from DeKalb County, AL, and the sheriff wrote a news release saying that they discovered "significant articles of
    evidence."

The sheriff wouldn't say what those items were and neither would the TBI."
    So the WMCTV (above)website agrees with the Fox6 website that I
    quoted in my previous post.

The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to
    find several significant articles of evidence.

Now,I am not sure I answered your question or if I am still so baffled by the
    flip flop at the WAFF website which changed their article from "significant
    article" found in search..... to "did not find anything".

So we have two news sources (WMCTV and Fox6) saying "significant" and WAFF switching from "significant" to "did not find anything".

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MizStery For This Useful Post:

Here is the paragraph from the WMCTV article which MagnoliaMom linked in her post that refers to found articles in the search.

"However, Hatley said one person finally did confirm that the search was for Holly Bobo.

"One mounted unit came from DeKalb County, AL, and the sheriff wrote a news release saying that they discovered "significant articles of
    evidence."

The sheriff wouldn't say what those items were and neither would the TBI."
    So the WMCTV (above)website agrees with the Fox6 website that I
    quoted in my previous post.

The unit searched using spiral and grid technologies and was able to
    find several significant articles of evidence.

Now,I am not sure I answered your question or if I am still so baffled by the
    flip flop at the WAFF website which changed their article from "significant
    article" found in search..... to "did not find anything".

So we have two news sources (WMCTV and Fox6) saying "significant" and WAFF switching from "significant" to "did not find anything".

Why should that surprise you!
    Ever sind April 13th all inf has flip flopped since she was Dragged led or walked in fear for her life. JMO

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Right. This search apparently is in that Natchez Trace park area

Here is a map of the area!

http://www.bing.com/maps/?v=2&cp=35....63&form=LMLTCC

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Walker007 View Post
    I am really surprised the media doesn't fact check but maybe they have limited budgets. All this does is cause problems for the investigation and stress on the family.
    They do fact check!
    I think they might be told to change certain things!

JMO

Nothing out of the local news so my guess is they were asked to remain quiet!

Jmo

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Eileen730 For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Sheriff Harris says his deputies were contacted on February 14th and asked to help search near Lexington. The mounted patrol unit was dispatched and assisted for three days. Sheriff Harris says the unit was able to find several significant articles of evidence which they then tagged with their GPS system and turned over to the TBI.

"The TBI and other officials were impressed and pleased with the mounted unit’s tactics used to discover these crucial articles that will allow them to move forward with their investigation." Sheriff Jimmy Harris said in a prepared release. "They are recognized as one of the top mounted units in the country."
    http://www.waaytv.com/news/local/sto...dZE6mSDYA.cspx

30. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast