Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #9

Mother says she doesn't believe Ayla Reynolds was abducted

http://www.pressherald.com/news/moth...012-03-19.html

Posted:Today
    Updated: 11:01 AM
    By BEN McCANNA Morning Sentinel

Meanwhile, the missing toddler's step-grandfather has launched a new blog to post daily updates.
    Http://www.answersforayla.com

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/1...r-escape-case/

Benner and his wife, Amanda Benner, 24, of Augusta, were stopped at gunpoint later that day in Waldoboro by Waldoboro police.

Shawn Benner had been serving a sentence at the Maine State Prison for robbery, burglary, aggravated assault and criminal threatening with a dangerous weapon, according to court records.
    And yet these stories still cause me to stay in the middle on my thinking about what could have happened to this baby. It seems Trista's best friend (and her husband) aren't exactly stellar nice people. Birds of a feather and all that ........ keeps me thinking that there's still a very real possiblity EITHER side of this child's family could be responsible or connected to what happened to little Ayla.
    All posts are simply my own opinion.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to hoppy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post

And yet these stories still cause me to stay in the middle on my thinking about what could have happened to this baby. It seems Trista's best friend (and her husband) aren't exactly stellar nice people. Birds of a feather and all that ........ keeps me thinking that there's still a very real possiblity EITHER side of this child's family could be responsible or connected to what happened to little Ayla.
    Except...I don't buy that any such person got into the house, got out again, without being heard, seen, etc...or shown signs of having been there. LE does not see this as an abduction and neither do I. JMO of course.
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

This is something I've been wondering and since it's kind of quiet right now, I'll ask: Why does Baby Lisa have over 87,000 posts of discussion while Ayla has nine pages? Has there been that big of a difference between the overall media coverage of the two cases? If so, why do you think that is? And if not, then why doesn't Ayla's case have as much discussion?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    This is something I've been wondering and since it's kind of quiet right now, I'll ask: Why does Baby Lisa have over 87,000 posts of discussion while Ayla has nine pages? Has there been that big of a difference between the overall media coverage of the two cases? If so, why do you think that is? And if not, then why doesn't Ayla's case have as much discussion?
    --this is THREAD #9 for ayla.

--each thread generally runs approx. 40 pages of posts.
    my opinion...........and i happen to agree with it.....

10. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lauriej For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by lauriej View Post
    --this is THREAD #9 for ayla.

--each thread generally runs approx. 40 pages of posts.
    Yeah, I know. I meant to say "thread" instead of pages. My point still stands that there's a huge difference between the number of posts even though both cases have captured national attention.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eileenhawkeye For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post

MOO...I don't think this means TR or her family did this...I do think TR and JD and company probably know many of the same people...and I still think they are ALL going to keep their mouths shut...its the "culture"...JMO
    peace....

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joyless For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eileenhawkeye View Post
    Yeah, I know. I meant to say "thread" instead of pages. My point still stands that there's a huge difference between the number of posts even though both cases have captured national attention.
    I think the hinkiness of DB is one of the main reasons. I know that the DiPietros were eventually seen to be pretty hinky. But Debra's drinking on the porch,and the whole thing with the box -o-wine and the mystery surrounding who she was shopping with etc....that kept the national attention going, imo.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

16. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

The more I read about Ayla from her maternal side of the family, the more I sense their love for Ayla. I don't know if anything is going to help them feel at peace again. I find myself always putting little tags on missing children, butterflies belong to Jhessye, the utter sadness and unsmiling face of Aliayah, the spirit of Zahra, and so many more. I know that this case will stick in my memory forever as the baby with those vibrant eyes that were bluer than blue.
    Somebody has to be held accountable, this just cannot join all the other unsolved cases.
    Four people know the truth, and I guess that they all have something very valuable to lose, such as freedom. What a bunch of evil cowards. No wonder JD hides, he doesn't dare show his face in public. And his loyal loving gals ~ well, if I were in their position I'd be hiding too. Maybe a pal, not a gal, will leak something big. Hey, money talks.
    IMHO

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

Ayla has been on my mind constantly. How much longer until justice is given to this sweet baby!

MOO

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to menmo For This Useful Post:

The police finding more than a cupful of Ayla's blood in the basement is very bad news. If that is true then it just confirms that Ayla is dead and was killed in that basement.

Ayla also tried to bite the police officer who was handing her over to Justin. Looks like she sure didn't want to go with daddy.

And Trista's sister bought the pair of pajamas Ayla was wearing that said Daddy's Princess.
    Last edited by Hipcheck; 03-20-2012 at 01:14 PM.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Hipcheck For This Useful Post:

somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Police decline comment on Ayla
    By Ben McCanna bmccanna@centralmaine.com
    Staff Writer

"Any specifics that might be mentioned are investigative details that we're not going to get into," he said

http://www.kjonline.com/news/police-...012-03-19.html

the Kennebec Journal headline is accurate

the former Morning Sentinel headline (story also by Mr. McCanna) was extremely inaccurate. I am most happy to see that it has been changed from "Police Deny Blog's Claims" to "Police Decline to Comment"

The more I read at the Sentinel, the more I feel they are cowtowing to the D family and I cannot for the life of me figure out why their coverage has seemed, er, unbalanced lately.
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

None so blind as they that will not see - Matthew Henry

24. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Answers for Ayla posted the record of her doctors visit because of her limp.

http://aylareynolds.com/anon/aylas_gait.pdf

26. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:

28. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meganx3xo View Post

That is disturbing to read! "Child did not want to walk." "Abnormal gait."

When a toddler doesn't want to walk that is extremely unusual and serious! The doctor even suspected a fracture, and a nickel-sized bruise was noted. I'm so glad that Trista took her to the doctor to get that on the record.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

30. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meganx3xo View Post

I have to wonder the point of posting this.
    Reading it, my first thought was that she smacked her hip bone (which caused the bruise) on 'anything'.
    Praying for our lost babies ~ Come home Lisa!!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to Sparklin For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ThoughtFox View Post
    That is disturbing to read! "Child did not want to walk." "Abnormal gait."

When a toddler doesn't want to walk that is extremely unusual and serious! The doctor even suspected a fracture, and a nickel-sized bruise was noted. I'm so glad that Trista took her to the doctor to get that on the record.
    I wonder if DHS was ever notified. Good for Trista for having and releasing the documentation.

34. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:

In the March 11th Morning Sentinel appears the following few sentences attributed to Justin: When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

Ironic that those words "when the time is right" were spoken to Cindy by Jose, according to Cindy in her testimony at the trial.

No wonder that phrase has been making me feel like a pincushion. Ouch! JD really isn't very original in any of his defensive utterings. LE should pull him in and ask him why he is withholding evidence, according to his statement.

IMHO

36. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.
    ==================================================

Translation= " There is a big difference between them having any evidence against me and them just thinking something."
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

38. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

somewhere between incredulous and disgusted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caligram View Post
    In the March 11th Morning Sentinel appears the following few sentences attributed to Justin: When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

Ironic that those words "when the time is right" were spoken to Cindy by Jose, according to Cindy in her testimony at the trial.

No wonder that phrase has been making me feel like a pincushion. Ouch! JD really isn't very original in any of his defensive utterings. LE should pull him in and ask him why he is withholding evidence, according to his statement.

IMHO
    hmm, I thought that statement was attributed to HT and not JD. Whoever said it, it was odd to say the least.
    If no link is provided it's a good bet it's simply

None so blind as they that will not see - Matthew Henry

40. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/Father...earchterm=Ayla

DiPietro said there are good reasons to believe Ayla is with someone, but wouldn’t elaborate.

“When the time is right, everything is going to come out. And regardless of what law enforcement is saying or what (Ayla’s mother) Trista (Reynolds) is saying, this really isn’t the time to be saying anything. And law enforcement, they can say ‘We don’t believe they’re telling the truth,’ but there’s a big difference between fact and thinking something.”

DiPietro said he hopes that the person who took his daughter will send a signal out to the public that she’s alive. He also said he wishes the police could offer immunity to the kidnapper so Ayla can be returned.

The paragraph before and after the quote lead me to believe that quote can be directly attributed to JD and not HT.

ETA: but, I agree, it was the one thing that was said in that interview that was the most incriminating, IMO. Very odd thing to say.

42. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by C-Squared View Post
    I would be surprised if the investigators actually said "more than a cupful". That is not how LE normally refers to amounts of blood. It would have been stated in liters. I'm not saying they weren't told there was a lot, just saying I would be surprised if it was stated as JH stated it. I have seen it reported on several websites as being "more than a cupful" by various laypersons and it struck me as strange that the same wording was used on his website. JMHO. I am not taking either side in this case (I actually believe in innocent until proven guilty in a court of law). I simply want Ayla to be found.... safe.
    Just thinking, if LE told them it how much it was in pints, ounces, whatever they use to measure, I can see the family trying to put it into terms they can relate to/visualize, asking "is that more then a cup full?" if LE said yes then that would probably be the way they describe it others. I think I would probably do the same because I can immediately visualize how much a cup was. I can't picture pints/ounces as immediately/easily. Moo
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Just thinking, if LE told them it how much it was in pints, ounces, whatever they use to measure, I can see the family trying to put it into terms they can relate to/visualize, asking "is that more then a cup full?" if LE said yes then that would probably be the way they describe it others. I think I would probably do the same because I can immediately visualize how much a cup was. I can't picture pints/ounces as immediately/easily. Moo
    I would tend to agree with that as well since most people relate more to cups vs. liters, etc. But it was the way JH wrote it as a quote that kind of bothers me. I just can't accept it as fact that LE gave that as an amount just because that is what JH is stating. I wish they (LE) would just come out and say how much so there wouldn't be so much speculation! JMO

Per Jeff Hanson: "The date was 1/28/12 - Minutes after the Bubble and Balloon Vigil in Waterville. We (Becky, Trista, and I) were told that the blood found was determined to be Ayla's and it was "more than a small cut would produce". When I asked how much more? one of the State investigators replied "more than a cupful"."

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to C-Squared For This Useful Post:

I don't think it is odd that the investigator would use the term "cupful" when talking to the victim's family. LE are trained to use laymen language when speaking with victims and their families as a way to "dumb" it down and soften the impact. Just as LE would use Ayla's name when speaking about her to Trista and her family, but may use the terms "the infant" or "victim" when discussing the case publicly. Speaking in terms of liters or fluid ounces would be saved for the official statements released to the media or testimony during trial. To me, this interaction, as described by Ayla's step- grandfather, sounds completely legitimate and valid. Also, I think it speaks volumes that the LE spokesperson did not outright deny the claims made on the blog, but instead chose not to confirm one way or another. But, went onto say that the blog is having a positive impact. That to me is confirmation enough of the exchange.

48. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

I know it's been talked about that PD and AD lawyered up.

I looked but am confused as to why no one has mentioned that the Reynolds family has done the same (I was told today that the father has posted somewhere stating this)? Did I just miss the posts?
    All posts are simply my own opinion.

50. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoppy For This Useful Post:

Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast