Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: ME - Ayla Reynolds, 20 mnths, Waterville, 17 December 2011 - #9

Do you mean "lawyered up" as in, they have gotten a lawyer to protect their interests, or as in, "refusing to cooperate with LE regarding Ayla's disappearance and referring all queries to their attorney"? I haven't seen anything to suggest the latter but IIRC their timelines have mentioned that they have had Jessica's attorney with them in some of the custody meetings. And didn't Trista talk about suing DHS so if she does she would need an attorney.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

I'm not sure -- I went looking for where they said it was posted by the father - but this is a busy work time of year for me - so in the little time I had I didn't find it. So TIFWIW

She told me he said he had to 'contact their attorney' relating to sharing information about Trista (related to the case). That's what made me go 'really?' -- and wonder when they lawyered up and why it had been kept so hush.....

Just thoughts until I (or someone) finds where he posted it.
    All posts are simply my own opinion.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoppy For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

Show me the evidence, give me the facts.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Miss Ayla... Where are you?

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hoppy View Post
    I'm not sure -- I went looking for where they said it was posted by the father - but this is a busy work time of year for me - so in the little time I had I didn't find it. So TIFWIW

She told me he said he had to 'contact their attorney' relating to sharing information about Trista (related to the case). That's what made me go 'really?' -- and wonder when they lawyered up and why it had been kept so hush.....

Just thoughts until I (or someone) finds where he posted it.
    Let's clear something up so people won't go on a wild goose chase for information.

Trista's biological father is Ron Reynolds.
    MSM article with video: http://www.wgme.com/news/top-stories...id_11038.shtml

The man who does the blogging for the family is Trista's stepfather, Jeff Hanson.
    MSM article about him: http://bangordailynews.com/2012/02/2...rt-for-family/

Here is the family blog link:
    http://www.answersforayla.com/

It's no secret that Trista probably has spoken to an attorney. She has mentioned suing HSS.
    Trista Talks about Suing HHS

Hanson mentions Trista's sister, Jessica, having an attorney present when they were trying to work out custody of Ayla before she disappeared.
    Here on the blog timeline: http://www.answersforayla.com/p/timeline_17.html

And I just have to say that I really admire the way the Reynolds family have all pulled together and supported each other. They've given up all their privacy from the start and seem very open and honest about everything. They can be proud of that!

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

Hanson revealed on his blog that DiPietro has allegedly been sending text messages to Trista Reynolds, recently. Hanson says DiPietro said in those messages his family "knows for a fact that Trista has Ayla" and that she "cannot hold out forever"." These messages could prove to represent honest suspicion on DiPietro's part, or an effort to throw law enforcement off the trail. In the latter event, the texts might become evidence of obstruction of justice.

snip

Hanson disclosed Wednesday the precise location where Ayla's blood was found. Ayla's blood was next to her father Justin DiPietro's bed, he said lead investigators on the case told Trista and her mother. While investigators allegedly told the family the amount of blood was more than a cupful, police did not tell the family whether there was any blood splatter. Blood spatter or other evidence of bloodstain shape would help ascertain what kind of trauma caused the bloodshed.

http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-...214600574.html

Not sure this is the right thread for this link. If not, mods, pls let me know and I will happily move it to the social media thread.
    Sleuth: to act as a detective: search for information: to search for and discover

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

12. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

In that same blog - you will find the reference that Jeff says he needs to contact "our attorney" referencing releasing information relating to the case.

So this is does not appear to be referencing Jessica's using an attorney for DHS - and since he says 'our' attorney - it doesn't appear the attorney he is referencing is protecting information relating to suing DHS --

Why so hush about the fact they have an attorney to represent them regarding Ayla's disappearance? I, personally, believe it is something families SHOULD do in these cases. What bothers me is that they are not forthcoming about it.
    All posts are simply my own opinion.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoppy For This Useful Post:

In that same blog - you will find the reference that Jeff says he needs to contact "our attorney" referencing releasing information relating to the case.

So this is does not appear to be referencing Jessica's using an attorney for DHS - and since he says 'our' attorney - it doesn't appear the attorney he is referencing is protecting information relating to suing DHS --

Why so hush about the fact they have an attorney to represent them regarding Ayla's disappearance? I, personally, believe it is something families SHOULD do in these cases. What bothers me is that they are not forthcoming about it.
    If Hanson referenced it in his blog then I fail to see how the Reynolds family is being so hush about it? It appears they are being forthcoming about having and consulting an attorney. I think your real question is, why isn't it being shouted from the rooftops as suspicious by folks who found the D family hiring an attorney questionable. The answer is, the Reynolds family is cooperating with and have satisfied LE, the D family are and have not.

16. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    Hanson revealed on his blog that DiPietro has allegedly been sending text messages to Trista Reynolds, recently. Hanson says DiPietro said in those messages his family "knows for a fact that Trista has Ayla" and that she "cannot hold out forever"." These messages could prove to represent honest suspicion on DiPietro's part, or an effort to throw law enforcement off the trail. In the latter event, the texts might become evidence of obstruction of justice.

snip

Hanson disclosed Wednesday the precise location where Ayla's blood was found. Ayla's blood was next to her father Justin DiPietro's bed, he said lead investigators on the case told Trista and her mother. While investigators allegedly told the family the amount of blood was more than a cupful, police did not tell the family whether there was any blood splatter. Blood spatter or other evidence of bloodstain shape would help ascertain what kind of trauma caused the bloodshed.

http://news.yahoo.com/ayla-reynolds-...214600574.html

Not sure this is the right thread for this link. If not, mods, pls let me know and I will happily move it to the social media thread.
    According to the article, it sounds like Justin got mad and grabbed Aylas arm causing the bruise/fracture. Is that what anyone else thinks?

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:

They didn't give a name for Jessica Reynolds attorney either. The "family attorney" might be the same guy.

I don't understand what you mean by "hush." It's written on a family blog on the internet, and they aren't hiding who they are in any way, but being honest.

Why shouldn't they have an attorney? Especially considering what tlcox just posted about Justin and the text messages. Justin, his family, and his friends have made all kinds of accusations towards Trista. An attorney is an outsider who can witness that the family has turned over that information to the police. It just seems like an intelligent thing to do.

I'm the proud mother of a new attorney!
    It's better to know some of the questions than all of the answers. ~ James Thurber
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing ~ Edmund Burke
    Why shouldn't truth be stranger than fiction? Fiction, after all, has to make sense. ~ Mark Twain

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to ThoughtFox For This Useful Post:

The blood from Ayla could have seeped into the flooring, or perhaps after attempting to clean it all up, JD and gals decided to move JD's bed to cover the stain. All I can say is it appears as if Ayla was not eagerly welcomed into that house.
    I think JD only decided to take Ayla to stop paying any more child support, and he was already in arrears. JD probably had the most to lose, and the least amount of tolerance for a heartbroken little one who had fought to be turned over to him. Rejection was not tolderated by JD, who was known for his quick temper. Of the four, who caused Ayla to disappear?
    I do believe that this baby was resented by ED, taking away some of the funds, space and existing playthings "belonging" to her own child. Stupid selfish reasons, I agree.
    Then, huge, huge resentment from CR, as Ayla was a constant reminder that JD had, during the course of their relationship, fathered this darling baby with an attractive woman. JD was going to have to pay in time or money, until Ayla was eighteen, no matter who had custody. CR most likely felt that Ayla was a drain on their own plans, which did not include an "outsider". Perhaps CR had hoped to seal their relationship by bearing children for/with JD. Since CR has never spoken out for Ayla, for Ayla’s return, she must be happy to have JD all to herself once more.
    I cannot figure out what role PD played in all of this, but she clearly is going to maintain that Ayla was not harmed in her house. So much for the kind loving grandma image. She was content to promote the fake abduction on that fake date in time.
    Four against one - four adults against one small helpless innocent little toddler. The odds were not in Ayla's favor, once she was abruptly, forcefully removed from the comfort and security provided by her maternal side of her family.
    This is all my opinion, and I don't give a hoot about allowing these people their rights to be presumed innocent. Ayla was truly innocent. Ayla had been protected and raised with love, and then she was taken from all that and within a few months simply eliminated. Not one person in that house has had the decency to tell the truth about what happened to Ayla. Not one person in that house deserves to go unpunished, as they are all guilty of hiding the truth about a monstrous crime. At the very least, it may have taken just one person to cause Ayla's death, but the others chose to help cover up the crime and lie. Four, against one, just one teeny little toddler who lacked any love, any support, from any of them.

IMHO

22. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

IMHO. . .those people in the house on the hill are starting to squirm.

LE has played this cat and mouse game very well, using the Reynold's family to slowly release info and watch the reaction. . .and they've always gotten a reaction. Nobody is buying the "Trista did it" line because it's illogical and the DiPietro camp is running out of options.

MOO. . .Justin is arrogant and he thought he had it all figured out. He seems to be able to manipulate the people around him. I think it comes as a great shock to him that it doesn't work on the rest of us. He just doesn't get it. . .and it wasn't part of his plan. JD and his supporters are cold. . .cold hearted people. He had no love, no caring or tenderness for Ayla. It was a total disregard of human life. I truly think people like JD are completely shocked that other human beings can feel empathy and compassion. It's a common assumption of narcissists. . .and JD is a study in classic narcissism.

This is from wiki. . .but it comes from David Thomas' Behind the Mask. Tell me if this doesn't fit JD:

Thomas suggests that narcissists typically display most, sometimes all, of the following traits:

An obvious self-focus in interpersonal exchanges

Problems in sustaining satisfying relationships

A lack of psychological awareness (see insight in psychology and psychiatry, egosyntonic)

Difficulty with empathy

Problems distinguishing the self from others (see narcissism and boundaries)

Hypersensitivity to any insults or imagined insults (see criticism and narcissists, narcissistic rage and narcissistic injury)

Vulnerability to shame rather than guilt

Haughty body language

Flattery towards people who admire and affirm them (narcissistic supply)

Detesting those who do not admire them (narcissistic abuse)

Using other people without considering the cost of doing so

Pretending to be more important than they really are

Bragging (subtly but persistently) and exaggerating their achievements

Claiming to be an "expert" at many things

Inability to view the world from the perspective of other people

Denial of remorse and gratitude

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissism"]Narcissism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

Hello!!!!!

Poor Ayla! Such a beautiful and innocent child so full of life. Trista wasn't a perfect mom, but Ayla knew what it felt like to be loved. What a horrible and harsh reality it must have been for her to be in a house where none of that existed. She was much too young and innocent to understand. I can only pray that LE has what they need to seek justice for Ayla. If not, God will. And there is no escaping that for this DiPietro clan. I hope it haunts them for all of their days. Eternity is a loooong time.
    Last edited by hambirg; 03-24-2012 at 12:39 AM.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.--Albert Einstein

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hambirg For This Useful Post:

hambirg ~ that description sent chills up and down my spine. It fits JD to a T.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Caligram For This Useful Post:

http://m.therepublic.com/view/story/...cc0209b58c8c0c

New searches and a press conference today! :thumbup:

28. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to PinkiGreen For This Useful Post:

Search renewed for missing Maine tot Ayla Reynolds

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/nat...9&pos=breaking

By Associated Press
    Saturday, March 24, 2012 - Updated 7 minutes ago

WATERVILLE, Maine — About 100 volunteers aided by tracking dogs have renewed their search for a Maine toddler who’s been missing three months.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to summer_breeze For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by PinkiGreen View Post
    http://m.therepublic.com/view/story/...cc0209b58c8c0c

New searches and a press conference today! :thumbup:

Thanks for the update !

Prayers that they find Ayla ! !

snipped from above link :

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    Updated: March 24, 2012 - 8:59 am

WATERVILLE, Maine — About 100 volunteers aided by tracking dogs are renewing their search for a Maine toddler who's been missing three months.

Steve McCausland of the Maine Department of Public Safety says a search and rescue team, firefighters and game wardens met Saturday morning with police and are searching several areas in Waterville for any sign of Ayla Reynolds.

32. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

From the Sentinel :

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/b...aking-news-box

They are searching several areas of Waterville, aided by a half-dozen tracking dogs, McCausland said.

A press conference is scheduled for 2:30 this afternoon at Thomas College for searchers to give an update on today's efforts, McCausland said.

Wow -- this is really good news that the searching for Ayla continues -- I am going to guess the weather has improved !

Presser at 2:30 pm -- I sure hope they have some news !

34. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to dog.gone.cute For This Useful Post:

On the Today show she said they're searching areas previously covered in snow...yay Spring!

Hope they find some answers!

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to PinkiGreen For This Useful Post:

15 minutes until the press conference. Any ideas on where I can watch this online? Or is anyone planning on watching it and can give me the main points? TIA!

38. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to maedlamsmom For This Useful Post:

Is the press conference still happening? Nothing on twitter... No news agencies promising live updates... I hate not knowing what is going on!

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to meganx3xo For This Useful Post:

I can't find anything that says whether it happened or not...the Portland news site refers to it, and says updates on 6pm news...

I have to think they did not have much to say.
    Just my opinion, of course.

42. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    I can't find anything that says whether it happened or not...the Portland news site refers to it, and says updates on 6pm news...

I have to think they did not have much to say.
    Online sentinel is reporting they found the body of a man who went missing in 2005 while searching for Ayla.

http://www.onlinesentinel.com/news/S...-Reynolds.html
    Last edited by Yoda; 03-24-2012 at 04:34 PM. Reason: Added link
    Clear your mind must be, if you are to discover the real villains behind this plot. Opinion only, my posts are.

44. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Yoda For This Useful Post:

Article and video from local news source on today's search.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/03/2...ayla-reynolds/

46. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Queen_City For This Useful Post:

Yay for the searchers!

For shame:
    Investigators continue to interview people and the crime lab continues to analyze items connected to the case, but talks with DiPietro, his girlfriend and sister have broken down, McCausland said.

"They have stopped talking to us," he said.
    http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...ssing-Toddler/

It's not the right time huh?

http://www.therepublic.com/view/stor...ssing-Toddler/

48. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

So glad they are searching. Where are you, sweet Ayla?

50. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to askfornina For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast