Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: AZ - Jhessye Shockley, 5, Glendale, 11 Oct 2011 - *Jerice Arrested* - #5

I hope that Tycora and Lisa get to face Jerice in court soon. They deserve the opportunity to speak for Jhessye, and to help get justice for her. They deserve that closure.

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

My heart breaks for those dedicated searchers. I was so moved by their dogged determination. I know how much they wanted to find her and they must be so devastated after all of that agony they went through each and every day. They deserve medals, each and every one of them. God works in mysterious ways, so Jherice will have to be exposed, in some other way. It will happen. She cannot hide that evil nature for much longer. JMO
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

I just hope that the baby in utero is not being affected by that evil and self-absorbed nature...
    Jerice used drugs freely during the last pregnancy. I doubt she will deny herself anything just because she's pregnant.
    She has caused so much misery and suffering for so many people. It's too late for Jhessye and those other children,the searchers, and also for Tycora and Lisa. They would all have been spared the Jerice-induced agony had the system worked when she was caught abusing her children. She should have been incarcerated for her full sentence, and never allowed near her children without court supervision.
    She needs to be stopped right now, with this case, and with this current pregnancy. No more opportunities to abuse her traumatized and vulnerable children, and to live off of the government and scam the tax paying citizens while being free to do as she wants, and have babies she can't parent or support.
    Last edited by EllaMae; 06-30-2012 at 06:16 PM.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

If she is using drugs while pregnant this time, then CPS is going to test the newborn and she will lose custody immediately.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by katydid23 View Post
    If she is using drugs while pregnant this time, then CPS is going to test the newborn and she will lose custody immediately.

IIRC...that's what happened with the last baby she delivered. That child was thankfully taken away at birth.
    And Grandma Shirley was outraged by the intervention of CPS on behalf of the baby, instead of being outraged by her daughter's behavior during the pregnancy. She tried to portray Jerice as the victim. I guess they must've been counting on another government check for the newborn.

10. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

St. John said that even though Jhessye's body wasn't found, police believe they have enough evidence to charge Hunter, and are "very near" the point of presenting the case to the County Attorney's Office.

St. John noted that similar cases have been successfully prosecuted in the county without police ever finding a body.

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...rch_ends_w.php
    Question for AZLawyer...

Will a jury hear about jerice's California conviction for child abuse, or will that be considered prejudicial?
    You are the anchor to my soul, you won't let go ...

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Bumping the Hunter search warrants-

http://ftpcontent.worldnow.com/kpho/...%20Warrant.pdf

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Maasen stressed this is very unusual and that he would like his client to be treated fairly, and wants everyone to follow the rules.

He says they have a number of options on how the violation could play in to the future of this investigation.

http://www.kpho.com/story/16168643/g...ot-in-landfill
    Also for AZLawyer. Has the issue of jerice being held longer than legally allowed been resolved? Is there any impact on the investigation, as Maasen claims?

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

tlcya is offline Websleuths IS its Members, plain and simple
    http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/val...rch_ends_w.php

St. John said that even though Jhessye's body wasn't found, police believe they have enough evidence to charge Hunter, and are "very near" the point of presenting the case to the County Attorney's Office.

St. John noted that similar cases have been successfully prosecuted in the county without police ever finding a body.
    A MOO MOO here, a MOO MOO there, here a MOO, there a MOO, everywhere a MOO MOO

Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

If Jhessye's case goes to trial, prosecutors will likely call a slew of witnesses to talk about her life. They might be asked about Jhessye's relationship with the person believed to be responsible for her disappearance and Jhessye's behavior at school. They'll likely be asked about the last time they saw Jhessye.

Prosecutors also will want to show evidence that a crime scene may have existed, such as traces of blood or cleaning supplies used to wipe away evidence, as well as establish a timeline for Jhessye's disappearance.

Authorities must use multiple examples to convince jurors that death is the reason for a disappearance, said Tad DiBiase, a former federal prosecutor who has studied more than 300 homicide cases in which a body was never found.

"It is the combination of things that's damning in these cases -- not any one single factor," he said.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...#ixzz1zTUwMSo4

Giving blogging a stab. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/blog.php?49066-tlcya-the-Good-the-Bad-the-Websleuth

20. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    Question for AZLawyer...

Will a jury hear about jerice's California conviction for child abuse, or will that be considered prejudicial?
    I am not a lawyer, in Arizona or anywhere else.

But I think I may know the answer to this one.

Generally, prior convictions are not allowed at trial if the defendant does not take the stand. However, there is an exception for "similar transactions" which means prior convictions that are very similar to the charges being tried.

If Jerice takes the stand (she shouldn't, in my humble opinion) then any prior convictions can be brought in, even if they don't resemble the charges being tried.

My guess is that a judge would rule that the California conviction would be admissible as a similar transaction. There is never any absolute guarantee as to how an individual judge will rule but this issue seems pretty clear. I'd be surprised if a judge ruled the California conviction inadmissible.

In the very unlikely chance that a judge ruled the California conviction inadmissible, my bet would be that Jerice would insist on taking the stand. In that case, the California conviction would come up. My sense is that Jerice is unconsciously self destructive that way but I could be wrong.

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to GrainneDhu For This Useful Post:

I know it is a pipe dream, but I would really like to see the sate of California charge Shirley with something in regards to returning Jhessye's siblings to Jerice in the first place. It is my strong belief that these two women were committing fraud with this maneuver in that I believe Shirley was receiving money for the care of these children and she unilaterally returned them to Jerice.

It is also my strong belief that the monies she was sending to Jerice to help support the kids, was none other than a portion of the funds the state of California was paying Shirley, as their foster parent.

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster.

24. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Brokenhearted to come here and learn that our sweet butterfly princess wasn't found. Kudos to all the searchers who endured that stinch for so long looking for her. It's devastating to think about Jhessye forever being in that horrible place. So many lives affected negatively by the evil of that woman...

26. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Breazy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post
    I know it is a pipe dream, but I would really like to see the sate of California charge Shirley with something in regards to returning Jhessye's siblings to Jerice in the first place. It is my strong belief that these two women were committing fraud with this maneuver in that I believe Shirley was receiving money for the care of these children and she unilaterally returned them to Jerice.

It is also my strong belief that the monies she was sending to Jerice to help support the kids, was none other than a portion of the funds the state of California was paying Shirley, as their foster parent.

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster.
    Clearly, jerice did not have "legal" custody of the sibs. Shirley had to attend the CPS hearings after they were removed from the home and jerice was not allowed ANY visitation with them. However jerice was initally (maybe still is) allowed visitation with little Jerice.

I agree TL, but why wouldn't those charges have already been filed? Maybe we need to check and see if there is a case either in AZ or Cali? Ole Shirley wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops, crazy ole coot that she is.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by GrainneDhu View Post

<snipped>

If Jerice takes the stand (she shouldn't, in my humble opinion) then any prior convictions can be brought in, even if they don't resemble the charges being tried.

<snipped>
    I truly hope that when the time comes, Jerice and Shirley are cocky enough to think they can outwit everyone and choose to take the stand.

Not that it would happen, but a girl can dream.

They would tie their own nooses if they were cross examined
    The Skelton boys brought me to Websleuths
    I'm not leaving until they are found!

- My pet cases -

Andrew, Alexander and Tanner Skelton - Aliayah Lunsford - Jhessye Shockley - Travis Alexander - Jonathan Foster - Sky Metalwala - Alivia Kail - Bethany Decker - Sherry Leighty - Caylee Anthony - Jennifer Daugherty

30. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to coeurfragile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tlcox View Post

I want that woman to face some consequence for returning those children to that monster

BBM...

I am right there with you!

Jerice didn't seem to have a job....but she had lots of children to feed.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

Prayers to all those that spent weeks searching that landfill and coming up empty - what a daunting task! Im so sorry sweetie that you probably will never be found and you were tossed out like garbage by your ________ You deserved much better sweetie, much much better.

34. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to longtallcold For This Useful Post:

This waiting for the other shoe to drop is so frustrating. I know Glendale PD have not given up on justice for Jhessye, but the waiting, knowing her murderer walks free still, is free to continue to create more victims, popping them out like a pez dispenser.

back to page one princess.

36. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

Today I had the dogs outside and saw a beautiful butterfly on some flowers in the yard. Of course, I thought of Jhessye. Come on, justice.

38. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Opie For This Useful Post:

We will be here until Jhessye gets justice.

Take note of that Jerice...

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EllaMae For This Useful Post:

Isn't jerice pregnant? When is the child due? Wasn't her last child she delivered taken from her at birth because it tested positive for drugs. So wouldn't jerice possibly skip going to the hospital to deliver if she knew this would happen again? Anybody know where she is or what she is up to?
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SwampMama For This Useful Post:

I first saw she was pregnant again in the story below, published March 23rd of this year. Doesn't say how far along she is though.

I had not really thought of this before. Maybe she got pregnant right after she killed our Sweet Jhessye. October to March is 5 months, she would be showing by then. If that timeline is accurate, she would be due this month. I believe all life is precious, so the child she carries is as special to me as Jhessye. I just can't stand the incubator.

http://www.kpho.com/story/17243885/f...pregnant-again

One of those who spoke at the recent press conference (end of search at Butterfield Landfill), said they know where jerice is and refused to comment further. I believe she is somewhere in the local area (hiding out).

There has to be some psychological reason as to why, she keeps getting pregnant. I wish we had an expert here at WS who could explain this to me. It's not just to gain welfare benefits, there is more to it. Someone said the other day how many children she has given birth to, is this child the 8th or 9th?
    Last edited by Knox; 07-11-2012 at 03:51 PM.

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

I go back and forth between sheer laziness and something psychological being the cause of the seeming endless pregnancies for this woman.

46. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to tlcya For This Useful Post:

This waiting is painful TL.
    Will we just wake up one morning and read that jerice was arrested?

48. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Knox For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Knox View Post
    This waiting is painful TL.
    Will we just wake up one morning and read that jerice was arrested?
    Wondering if she is really pregnant, and worrying about this new baby makes this whole thing worse, imo. I wish I had more faith in the Childrens Services Department in her case, but the way things have unfolded so far, leaves me very concerned.

50. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to katydid23 For This Useful Post:

Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast