Mother says missing children’s group scammed her

Jacie Estes

Medical Marijuana Advocate
Reaction score
By Normand GARCÍA

The Salt Lake Tribune
First published Feb 14 2012 04:57PM
Updated Feb 15, 2012 03:50PM

For Claudia Gómez, of Logan, the phone call rekindled hope after seven frustrating years of searching for her daughter, Brenda. Gómez says Brenda was kidnapped by her father.

On the phone was Ángela Cedeño-Jiménez, director of Missing Angels. She had seen a post by Gómez about her daughter on Missing Angels’ Facebook page, and assured her that the nonprofit organization had helped find other victims of parental kidnapping. She gave Gómez the name of an investigator who she said could help her....

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/53408489-78/gómez-missing-daughter-russi.html.csp

Oh that's fantastic.

Volunteers dont ask for money. If someone asks you for money to find your missing child, either using PI type skills or pychic skills, this is a big huge red flag.

This should be criminalized. :burn:

My heart goes out to this poor woman. How could anyone scam someone who’s already hurting so much. It makes me sick people would sink so low.

I wonder if I'm the only one who opened up this thread and expected to see KidFinders mentioned? :notgood:

I know I would be immediately suspicious if a non-profit started asking me for money. However, if I had a missing child, I just might feel so desperate as to risk it, even knowing in the back of my mind that it is probably a scam. You can't get much lower than to scam someone who is already suffering so much. That is pretty low.

Sickening.

There seems to be a never ending group of opportunistic shysters that prey on the misery of those that need the most help. This poor woman and her missing child. She did not have much, but they still took all she had.

I wonder if I'm the only one who opened up this thread and expected to see KidFinders mentioned? :notgood:

Immediately crossed my mind!!

There's a special place in hell for people who do this type of things to other human beings. It's not enough that she has lost her daughter that they have to revictimize her? :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back