NY NY - Manorville, near Cushman Murphy Park, WhtMale 30-50, UP11010, healed fracture Rt leg, Feb'12

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
A man walking his dog found human skeletal remains in Manorville on Friday, 02/17/2012. Age and gender are not yet known, and it's believed the victim's body was placed there at least five years ago judging by the vegetation found at the site. The remains were found in a wooded area not far from where two female torsos and two male bodies were discovered between 2000 and 2003.

The latest set of bones was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Friday in a pine barrens in Manorville. A resident of the town, Matt Samuel, said he was walking through the area with his dog when he made the find.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57381078/police-probe-skeletal-remains-found-on-l.i/

The remains were covered by debris, and judging by the growth of vegetation around the remains police estimate they have been there at least five years, according to the spokeswoman. An anthropologist has been called in to help evaluate the scene, she said. Police believe the remains to be human, she said.
http://riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4565-police-human-skeletal-remains-found-in-manorville-woods

“At this time, we cannot say if the remains are connected to any other cases,” a spokeswoman for the police said on Saturday. “The scene will be processed and re-evaluated,” he said, but that they were “at the preliminary stages of the investigation”
The body, partly buried, was wrapped in a worn bedsheet. The sheet appeared to be covered in a black plastic garbage bag and wrapped with duct tape. Mr. Samuel did not see shoes. “I think it was barefoot,” he said.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/nyregion/more-human-remains-are-found-on-long-island.html

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/bodies-found-in-manorville-area-1.3619376

Bodies found in Manorville area

Six bodies have been found in the Manorville area since 2000.

Nov. 19, 2000
Manorville, NY
A female torso is found about a half-mile west of Halsey Manor Road north of the Long Island Expressway near a sump discharge basin. The head, hands and right foot of the woman are found along Ocean Parkway on April 4, 2011.

Nov. 23, 2000
The body of a man is found in the woods alongside the LIE about 1 1/2 miles east of Exit 68.

July 26, 2003
A torso later identified as that of Jessica Taylor, 20, of New York City, is discovered near the northwest corner of the LIE and Halsey Manor Road. Her head, hands and forearm are found along Ocean Parkway on March 29, 2011.

Nov. 10, 2003
A badly decomposed body of a man, aged between 35 and 50 years old, is found several hundred yards south of the LIE.

Feb. 17, 2012
Skeletal remains of a man are found on North Street off Wading River Road near Cushman Murphy County Park.

March 21, 2012
The body of a female is found in Manorville Hills County Park about 300 feet from North Street north of the LIE.

Wish the SCPD would let everyone know whether or not this death is linked to the other Manorville victims (that are also linked by location to the Ocean Parkway/Gilgo victims).

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
NamUs #UP11010Male, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found February 17, 2012
Estimated Age Range 30-50 Years
Location Manorville, New York
County Suffolk County
GPS Coordinates (Not Mapped)--
Found On Tribal Land--
Circumstances of Recovery Found in wooden area
Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton
Physical Description
Hair Color Brown-
Distinctive Physical Features
Deformity
1.) Spondylolysis of 5th lumbar vertebral body
2.) Healed fracture of the right fibula (lower extremity)

Clothing and Accessories
Socks: white and green tube socks Waistband: "Eddie Bauer" "XL"

Spondylolysis is a spine condition that can be painful. It's a problem with the connection between vertebrae — the bones that make up the spine. Having spondylolysis can lead to small stress fractures or cracks, often after repeated injuries during sports. In many cases, patients with spondylolysis and spondylolisthesis do not have any obvious symptoms. The conditions may not even be discovered until an x-ray is taken for an unrelated injury or condition.

I wonder if this could be Peter G Loran www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/7267?nav Peter G. Lorang – The Charley Project
missing from NY in 2001 (remains were believed to have been in place since 2007 or earlier). Peter walked with a cane - could this have been because of a former leg break or spinal issues? The reason for needing a cane is not listed in Namus or Charley Project. On the less positive side, circumstances as listed in his Charley Project link seem to indicate he went missing further north in the state.

I wonder if this could be Peter G Loran www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/7267?nav Peter G. Lorang – The Charley Project
missing from NY in 2001 (remains were believed to have been in place since 2007 or earlier). Peter walked with a cane - could this have been because of a former leg break or spinal issues? The reason for needing a cane is not listed in Namus or Charley Project. On the less positive side, circumstances as listed in his Charley Project link seem to indicate he went missing further north in the state.
I knew Peter, he was shot during a home invasion and that is why he used a cane. It was pretty serious so I am sure the ME would see that. I wish his family could find out what happened to him.

I knew Peter, he was shot during a home invasion and that is why he used a cane. It was pretty serious so I am sure the ME would see that. I wish his family could find out what happened to him.

I sent a possible match in for Peter Lorang to Namus.
Both 5"11, One Missing from upstate NY 2001, UP found by Amtrak workers under the structure of Henry Hudson Parkway in 2006, estimated year of death 2000-2006. MP; 28 years old, UP 25-35

Thank you! I hope there is some resolution to his case soon!
They acknowledged my email and were sending it to the investigating agency. Not on rule out list. Always hope until Peter is ruled out as being this UID.

Moderator would you please start a missing thread for Peter, I did not locate one.
Missing Person / NamUs #MP7267Peter G. Lorang, Male, White / Caucasian

and be kind enough to move these posts about Peter over to his thread in the Missing forum. Thank you very much.

Pete used a cane because a bullet bounced off his spine, when we went into the woods I would have to carry him he would not have made it far on his own that is for sure he was crippled im sorry to say.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back