1217 users online (213 members and 1004 guests)  

Websleuths News

$315,000 test-tube burger marks milestone in future of meat-eating

£200,000 test-tube burger marks milestone in future meat-eating (Guardian)
    ---
    Dr Mark Post, head of physiology at Maastricht University, plans to unveil a complete burger – produced at a cost of more than £200,000 – this October.
    ---
    The project, funded by a wealthy, anonymous, individual aims to slash the number of cattle farmed for food, and in doing so reduce one of the major contributors to greenhouse gas emissions.

"Meat demand is going to double in the next 40 years and right now we are using 70% of all our agricultural capacity to grow meat through livestock," Post said.

"You can easily calculate that we need alternatives. If you don't do anything meat will become a luxury food and be very, very expensive."
    ---
    the rest, with a fairly unappetizing-looking picture of the in-vitro "meat," at link above

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    £200,000 test-tube burger marks milestone in future meat-eating (Guardian)

the rest, with a fairly unappetizing-looking picture of the in-vitro "meat," at link above
    I prefer buffalo burgers.

If I'm going faux-burger give me a Gardenburger. So this guy wasted alot of money; has he never shopped at Costco?

http://grandmotherscouncil.org/
    My Facebook page; I am grateful for the fact that two people who joined had colonoscopies, discovered cancer and are on the way to healing through treatment. Colonoscopies save lives! [A 3rd person has just been added. 8/7]

www.facebook.com/WaitWhereAmIGoing
    https://www.tsu.co/JacieLin

Um. Okay. Won't be eating breakfast now.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.