State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnfear

Reaction score
Good morning everyone!

Roads are clear here in Orange/Wake/Durham,NC. I believe everything has a little bit of a delay, but it should warm up nicely for President's Day. Thought I'd set us up for Mondays arguments (and maybe some testimony, depending on WCCH delay).

Good Morning, John. Thanks for getting us all set up for today. It should be an interesting day in court.

Hi, Peeps - Good Morning!:seeya::websleuther:

Roads are totally clear -- even out there in a heavily wooded area -- the itty-bit of precip we had last night (~ 1/2 inch of snow or less) never "stuck" on the roads, so I wouldn't think we'd have much of a wait for the 16 jurors.

The schools are delayed 2 hours, but maybe this won't interfere with a juror having to wait with his/her child for a bus. Hope not. Even this delay should not be too late in the am.

Will the pre-school teacher be the first one called this morning?

Hunker down, pour a cuppa and settle in!

:justice:

Well, there have been tons of accidents around 540 and 440 where a drop in temp around 6 this morning iced over ramps and overpasses. Court could be delayed.

Carrying over the last topic of convo from last night/this morning.

I have a nephew that's two and another nephew that is now five. My daughter is eight this year.

Going back to when they are two years old or two and a half, I don't think any of them would have been able to stay hidden during a stranger coming after their mama or their daddy.

They, first of all, never knew a stranger in the traditional sense of the word and secondly, were very draw to the adults in their life during times of fear. By that I mean, even if they didn't step up to something out of curiosity or rebellion, they went to me, their moms, their dads, their other aunts and uncles to seek reassurance, etc.

Not sure how this thought plays into the testimony we should see shortly, but it's just something to think about. None of my experience was with events this traumatic, etc. Just the normal stuff kids get creeped out by or scared of as they grow.

Well, there have been tons of accidents around 540 and 440 where a drop in temp around 6 this morning iced over ramps and overpasses. Court could be delayed.

Yep, you're right, cody -- a couple of alerts have been posted for this area, so we'll see what happens....

My TV listing shows TruTV is all infomercials today? (I guess for Presidents' Day). That sucks. I hate being tied to my computer.

Seems to me, if CY saw her dad spanking her mommy for biting as her dad apparently told her, this would have been a non-scary event. I don't know if, at that age, she would have considered a bb-bat or a wrench, or hammer, etc., a scary thing if her daddy were holding it. I'm sure she had at least heard them yelling at each other before, so that was probably not scary to her, either.
icon9.gif
She certainly would have sensed the anger & tension of a yelling match, but it would have been familiar to her, nonetheless.

A stranger probably would not have assured her that mommy was getting a spanking for biting, etc., so where would the idea of the 'biting --> spanking' scenario have come from? I doubt either of her parents or a day-care worker would have used an object to punish a child for biting. A slap on the hiney would have been sufficient, IMO.

Seems to me, if CY saw her dad spanking her mommy for biting as her dad apparently told her, this would have been a non-scary event. I don't know if, at that age, she would have considered a bb-bat or a wrench, or hammer, etc., a scary thing if her daddy were holding it. I'm sure she had at least heard them yelling at each other before, so that was probably not scary to her, either.
icon9.gif
She certainly would have sensed the anger & tension of a yelling match, but it would have been familiar to her, nonetheless.

A stranger probably would not have assured her that mommy was getting a spanking for biting, etc., so where would the idea of the 'biting --> spanking' scenario have come from? I doubt either of her parents or a day-care worker would have used an object to punish a child for biting. A slap on the hiney would have been sufficient, IMO.

Will pros tell us that CY had prior issues with biting and was punished previously for it? That would be huge IMO.

My TV listing shows TruTV is all infomercials today? (I guess for Presidents' Day). That sucks. I hate being tied to my computer.

Yes, B'Rice, I saw that -- as much as I think they are empty-headed suits, etc., it's fun for me to see how long I can listen to their drabble! That's not fair, I realize, but there it is.

Their courtroom shots are clearer than on my PC, and I do like that -- a little more light... oh well...

icon9.gif

Agreed, it is apparent that someone she could identify with caused MY's demise. I believe the actions of the suspect and of CY reveal to us who that someone is.

Will pros tell us that CY had prior issues with biting and was punished previously for it? That would be huge IMO.

When my son was about that age, the pre-school sent a letter to parents about biting, telling us that it had become a concern and that they were watching the kids closely. They assured all of us that it would be dealt with, and for us to speak with our children and for us to make sure that our child had not been bitten. They did have to permanently ban one child for continuing to bite and the parents apparently were unable to do anything about it.

My point is, perhaps the Young parents spoke to CY about it and told her what would happen if she did it. That action--response may be a difficult thing for a child that age to understand, but it's possible that that is why her dad (if he did) told her what he was doing. ??

Might be taking jurors and personel a little longer to get to court this morning! :seeya:

Is today a holiday in the USA? Does that mean no trial today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Semh