Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cityslick View Post
    No matter what impact this has on the jury, it's almost criminal that it wasn't brought out in the first trial.
    I suppose the prosecution felt confident about their case, but also did not want to expose a conviction to appeal based on 6th/14th amendments. The defense team is probably already preparing drafts just in case JY is convicted.

Remember, the judge did not readily admit this testimony. He had to think about it. He could have ruled otherwise. This isn't black and white IMO, although I am not a lawyer!

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Boodles For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Oh wow. Other day care workers to testify as well. Judge believes it is relevant and will allow the testimony.

I'm very curious.

I believe the judge has already been told what this testimony will be (in broad scope) in order for him to say he believes it is relevant.

IMO
    Yes, Talina - IMO, JS had laid out the areas that they can ask & answer for this testimony -- with both the principals and, I think, the witnesses, too.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    FWIW, remember, it's not 'one' piece of evidence that convicts a person, especially in a circumstantial case. It's the totality of the evidence.

I believe that once the jurors begin deliberations, when they begin to make their guilty or innocent columns, they'll be overwhelmed by the 'guilty' coincidences.

It's like a BIG puzzle, one piece fitting into the other.

JMHO
    of course,
    fran
    Do you think anything has been added to the guilty column (so far) that wasn't there before in the first trial? (I didn't see the first trial).

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    So far, I've not seen any actual evidence that points to him. Aside from the fact he's was a terrible - POS husband, I've not learned one piece of evidence that puts him in that house beating his wife to death.

Sure, he's the logical killer, but that doesn't mean he did it. There was a case where the most logical possible murderer was the husband, but it wasn't him; it was a neighbour. So for me, I need more than my assumptions based on the only "logical" conclusion, and feelings.

Again, I believe he did it, but that's not good enough for me.
    Turnadot, what is actual evidence. If all the articles (clothing, weapon) involved in the crime were disposed of, does that mean it did not happen? What actual evidence would convince you that JY is guilty?

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sureLocke For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Yes, It only takes on juror. I bet if hes allowed to walk we will see him in the news again. moo
    Let's pray that this time around, there's no juror with any doubt whatsoever that JY did this.

I can't imagine he'll walk, but then again, I could not imagine Casey Anthony walking, either, so I don't want to get my hopes up. That's of the reasons I'm being a mock juror in this trial is to put myself in their place just a little, filter the information as a juror might and see where it takes me.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

I'm trying to figure out where this last witness fits into the PT trial strategy. Other than bringing out in testimony that the dog barked when strangers were at the door (so he should have barked the night in question if a stranger had come in and we really don't know that he did or didn't), I am at a loss as to what this last witness offered in the way of relevant testimony to the trial.
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by SailorMoon View Post
    Forgive me for jumping in late here, but is he out on bond and has he been the entire time? Who has the kids now? Thanks.
    He's been out on bail since last summer. Meredith has custody of the child, but I believe he gets to see her every other weekend (or something like that) based on the custody agreement.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    I have seen a lot of scattered dots.
    It is up to the PT to connect these dots during closing arguments.
    They did a poor job last time...hope they are prepared this time.
    Yes, it is up to the PT JTF and as we've discussed, sooooo many pieces of this circle. The jury needs to be "helped"/"led"/"shown" how all these pieces fit together to make a whole circle.

Agreed about last trial......like you, hoping this time they do it.

Precious little Cassidy has gone through what most of us never experience in a lifetime. I'll never get over the way Slayer took her to Brevard and kept her from Meredith and Linda. In her mind, she lost Mommy AND her grammy and aunt. This is beyond cruel and heartless...there just aren't any words. This needs to be hammered to the jury.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tarheellvr For This Useful Post:

FWIW, remember, it's not 'one' piece of evidence that convicts a person, especially in a circumstantial case. It's the totality of the evidence.

I believe that once the jurors begin deliberations, when they begin to make their guilty or innocent columns, they'll be overwhelmed by the 'guilty' coincidences.

JMHO
    of course,
    fran
    If I were on the jury, it would be the hotel that would sink him!

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to heidisams For This Useful Post:

JMHO
    of course,
    fran
    I was shocked when the last jury did not request a white board / chart.

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncmomof2boys View Post
    Does anyone else think JY got a haircut over the weekend? Perhaps he is planning to 'charm us' on the stand in his on testimony...
    Wow -- doesn't he just look so good?? (Ack) I hope he will appeal to the boys and "girls" in the jailhouse.

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

21. The Following User Says Thank You to borndem For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.
    Yes, NCSU. So sad this baby watched her mommy being *spanked* to death. The only people, in my experience, who *spank* are parents. When my grandson's are here, my daughter doesn't say 'Don't *spank* your brother.' She says 'no hitting.' Zach, 'don't hit your brother' or you will get a spanking'. This child, CY, had advanced language skills. I doubt very much she would confuse 'hitting with spanking'. She didn't relate somebody was hitting mommy. She said 'mommy was getting a spanking'. 'She had boo boos and red stuff all over.' Heartbreaking testimony. Of course the daycare teachers were upset. They had to watch a little girl they knew reenact the murder of her mommy.

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gracielee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Pocono Sleuther View Post
    He has a serious case of weasely rat face. I, personally, can't stand when they zoom on him. He always looks like he's ready to pounce on his next victim.
    Plus he's got some sort of old-man sunken look going on.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator View Post
    You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a ****, a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.
    There are pieces of circumstantial evidence that point to his innocence, for example the tight timeline and the size 10 shoes prints at the crime scene.

I've seen requests for "real evidence," "actual evidence."

What that tells me is the only kind of evidence someone like this will believe is a big handprint of the perp made in the victim's blood on the wall closest to the victim's body, with a signature next to the handprint by the perp, and the words, "I did it!" signed, perp.

Then, because that might not be enough proof, the perp needs to leave their bloody shoes next to the victim, with another note that says, "these are my shoes!" signed, the perp.

Finally, they need a video of the perp either committing the murder itself, or confessing to the murder while grinning evilly at the camera.

Anything else? Not "real evidence," not "actual evidence," and certainly not proof of anything. "Circumstantial Evidence?" Oh that's just not 'real.'

Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast