Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-20-2012

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    If he was innocent wouldnt he be scared to death to put her in harms way? He had no idea what the perp was thinking. He almost lost his living child. I would be protecting that child. If i was a juror that would be sticking out in my head. moo
    This is a good point, too, IMO.

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Well, where were you this weekend when we debated this ad nauseum? We could have used your words of wisdom.
    Actually, LOL, I was taking a drive for another case.

fran

4. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

uhoh she babysat for cy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thumbtack View Post
    not really a change, cuz the chair was in the spanking hand.
    Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    I would be kind of scared to send her to daycare out in public. Her mother was brutally murdered and she was left as a witness. I guess JY knew the perp wouldnt come after her. moo
    Excellent observation. It would seem very reasonable that CY would be with family and no where near any public place.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    That last statement might be the difference in verdicts this time around. Mommy getting a spanking had to come from Jason as an explanation of what he was doing. Very damning testimony.

I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.

10. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

No matter what end anyone sits on this case, the idea that that poor baby witnessed her mother's brutal murder is beyond heartbreaking, IMO.

12. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO
    could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thumbtack For This Useful Post:

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.
    You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a thug, a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

16. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to terminatrixator For This Useful Post:

could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use
    Yes, this could very well be. Good point.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

MF already testified there was something large, I believe, that was missing from one of the tables. But she couldn't recall what it was.

Does anyone else remember this?
    fran

20. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

I have seen a lot of scattered dots.
    It is up to the PT to connect these dots during closing arguments.
    They did a poor job last time...hope they are prepared this time.

22. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Just the Fax For This Useful Post:

Between the judge & lawyers, can't believe all the "ums." would expect it for non-expert witnesses, but, not professionals who speak for a living.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to thumbtack For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.
    Agreed, its hideous beyond words.

What has continued to piss me off in all this is JY's manner of going about his life as compared and contrasted to his wife's. MY's activities were so genuine, sweet, innocuous, up front and above board. Her idea of fun and socializing was to invite the day care worker/babysitter over to watch Cinderella. JY's idea of fun was having a quickie on the sofa with CAS. To say MY was too good for him is a monstrous understatement.

26. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to Bottle Cap For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncmomof2boys View Post
    Does anyone else think JY got a haircut over the weekend? Perhaps he is planning to 'charm us' on the stand in his on testimony...
    Good luck with that. I see nothing attractive about him or his facial features at all. Still surprising to me that he was able to have such beautiful women in his life.

28. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by terminatrixator View Post
    You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a thug, a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.
    So far, I've not seen any actual evidence that points to him. Aside from the fact he's was a terrible - POS husband, I've not learned one piece of evidence that puts him in that house beating his wife to death.

Sure, he's the logical killer, but that doesn't mean he did it. There was a case where the most logical possible murderer was the husband, but it wasn't him; it was a neighbour. So for me, I need more than my assumptions based on the only "logical" conclusion, and feelings.

Again, I believe he did it, but that's not good enough for me.

Exactly, nothing more and nothing less. Just as no one believes an old woman in a track suit was giving the "spanking". What's important is that for some reason, Cassidy's impression of what happened was her mommy was spanked, for biting. How could she have come up with that in any other way than having been told it, that is very specific. That she used a chair in the acting out says to me that something was used aside from a "hand" spanking. And that is another awful thing to contemplate, made worse by her witnessing something like this.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to fredwomble For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Just the Fax View Post
    I have seen a lot of scattered dots.
    It is up to the PT to connect these dots during closing arguments.
    They did a poor job last time...hope they are prepared this time.
    Same here. I hope the jury sees it the prosecutions way.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fifteen89 View Post
    Good luck with that. I see nothing attractive about him or his facial features at all. Still surprising to me that he was able to have such beautiful women in his life.
    He has a serious case of weasely rat face. I, personally, can't stand when they zoom on him. He always looks like he's ready to pounce on his next victim.
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

35. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pocono Sleuther For This Useful Post:

Forgive me for jumping in late here, but is he out on bond and has he been the entire time? Who has the kids now? Thanks.
    (all posts are my opinion only--do not try to understand my logic)

Quote Originally Posted by fran View Post
    MF already testified there was something large, I believe, that was missing from one of the tables. But she couldn't recall what it was.

Does anyone else remember this?
    fran
    I do! I do!

38. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to distracted 1976 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tipstaff View Post
    Excellent observation. It would seem very reasonable that CY would be with family and no where near any public place.
    So far, I've not seen any actual evidence that points to him. Aside from the fact he's was a terrible - POS husband, I've not learned one piece of evidence that puts him in that house beating his wife to death.

Sure, he's the logical killer, but that doesn't mean he did it. There was a case where the most logical possible murderer was the husband, but it wasn't him; it was a neighbour. So for me, I need more than my assumptions based on the only "logical" conclusion, and feelings.

Again, I believe he did it, but that's not good enough for me.
    Yes, It only takes on juror. I bet if hes allowed to walk we will see him in the news again. moo

40. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to luckyme For This Useful Post:

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Sorry the beginning of the sentence doesn't make much sense lol.

I get a bit frustrated, and it shows, with what the general public expects, as far as evidence in cases of homicides where the significant other is the suspect.

There has been a lot of murders and public trials over the last twenty years. There's a ton of murder mystery shows, forensic shows, Trut, ID, all of these shows have demonstrated what gets looked at after a murder occurs. It makes planning and premeditating a lot easier. When the murderer lives in the same home, it's a lot harder to prove because what DNA would you be expecting. Their DNA is everywhere, the ability to plan and premeditate, is a lot different than in other cases.

Jason Young was aware of the case against Michael Peterson, he was aware of the murder of Janet Abaroa, two murders that occurred before Michelle Young. Learn, adapt, change things up. He's also a sociopath, not just a cad, a bad husband, a jerk. Sociopaths have the ability to premeditate, everything was on his side.

Everyone needs to look at the entirety of the case. Common sense and the ability to connect the dots seems to have become lost in the world with so many 60 minute CSI shows.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

42. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to terminatrixator For This Useful Post:

FWIW, remember, it's not 'one' piece of evidence that convicts a person, especially in a circumstantial case. It's the totality of the evidence.

I believe that once the jurors begin deliberations, when they begin to make their guilty or innocent columns, they'll be overwhelmed by the 'guilty' coincidences.

It's like a BIG puzzle, one piece fitting into the other.

JMHO
    of course,
    fran

44. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by fredwomble View Post
    Exactly, nothing more and nothing less. Just as no one believes an old woman in a track suit was giving the "spanking". What's important is that for some reason, Cassidy's impression of what happened was her mommy was spanked, for biting. How could she have come up with that in any other way than having been told it, that is very specific. That she used a chair in the acting out says to me that something was used aside from a "hand" spanking. And that is another awful thing to contemplate, made worse by her witnessing something like this.
    She could have come to that conclusion from her own experiences. My son does it all the time.

A lady in a store got upset at the register (huffing, yelled) because the cashier was too slow. Later in the car, my son told me the lady was mad because she couldn't have any candy.

Children come up with all kinds of things filtered through their own experiences.

IMO

46. The Following User Says Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast