Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownRice View Post
    Her description of what happened is what I recall from Friday, no?
    Sure sounds the same to me.
    Unless I've provided a link, everything I say is IMO

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Talina For This Useful Post:

Her description of what happened is what I recall from Friday, no?
    OK. It's not what I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    If he was innocent wouldnt he be scared to death to put her in harms way? He had no idea what the perp was thinking. He almost lost his living child. I would be protecting that child. If i was a juror that would be sticking out in my head. moo
    Oh, gotcha. JY pretending he wasn't the killer - because of course he knew CY was VERY safe.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrownRice For This Useful Post:

No matter what impact this has on the jury, it's almost criminal that it wasn't brought out in the first trial.

7. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to cityslick For This Useful Post:

My TV listing shows TruTV is all infomercials today? (I guess for Presidents' Day). That sucks. I hate being tied to my computer.
    Yeah. HLN managed to be commercial-free for how many hours for Whitney's service Saturday......wish they'd be able to cut down on the commercials when they're covering trials too. And have trial coverage on days like today.

9. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to fifteen89 For This Useful Post:

If he was innocent wouldnt he be scared to death to put her in harms way? He had no idea what the perp was thinking. He almost lost his living child. I would be protecting that child. If i was a juror that would be sticking out in my head. moo
    This is a good point, too, IMO.

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Talina View Post
    Well, where were you this weekend when we debated this ad nauseum? We could have used your words of wisdom.
    Actually, LOL, I was taking a drive for another case.

fran

13. The Following User Says Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

uhoh she babysat for cy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thumbtack View Post
    not really a change, cuz the chair was in the spanking hand.
    Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO

I would be kind of scared to send her to daycare out in public. Her mother was brutally murdered and she was left as a witness. I guess JY knew the perp wouldnt come after her. moo
    Excellent observation. It would seem very reasonable that CY would be with family and no where near any public place.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tipstaff For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ncsu95 View Post
    That last statement might be the difference in verdicts this time around. Mommy getting a spanking had to come from Jason as an explanation of what he was doing. Very damning testimony.

I know I'm quoting my own post....but I'm sitting here getting pissed off thinking about this. I have a 3 year old (turned 3 in November), so I know about this whole biting thing at that age. I'm sure CY has bitten and was probably given a spanking for biting or told she would be. So CY walks in on daddy beating mommy and he takes her out saying mommy was getting a spanking for biting. How horrible. I know I didn't read/participate in the weekend discussion on this, but this just gets my blood boiling.

19. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to ncsu95 For This Useful Post:

No matter what end anyone sits on this case, the idea that that poor baby witnessed her mother's brutal murder is beyond heartbreaking, IMO.

21. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    Yes, a change. A big change, IMO.

The chair in the spanking hand could give the impression to the jury that CY witnessed her mother being beaten with a chair.

Cynical me says the prosecution, while prepping the witness over the weekend, wanted her to leave the chair out so that the jury wouldn't start to think, 'Where's the chair, then? No chair? Well, then maybe CY didn't actually witness it.'

IMO
    could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use

23. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to thumbtack For This Useful Post:

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Quote Originally Posted by Turnadot View Post
    This is a good point, too, IMO.

As a mock juror, what sticks out in my head is that he was a lousy husband, immature husband. That's all I've heard so far wrt his guilt.

CY witnessed her mother's murder, and that's terribly tragic beyond words, but it doesn't point to Jy's guilt or innocence - all it tells me is that poor baby witnessed her mother being beaten to death.

I believe JY is guilty, but I'm waiting on something to confirm it so I would feel comfortable voting that way, if I were on the jury.
    You hear is he's a lousy, immature husband, the most important part of this is his wife was murdered, he had the means, the motive and the opportunity. Nobody else in this entire world would have gained from Michelle's murder. The shoes, the blisters, the life insurance policy, everything, every single circumstantial evidence points to Jason. If it was anyone, a ****, a thief, a neighbor, a psycho, there WOULD be evidence pointing away from Jason. There's NOTHING that points away from Jason. Jason is the only logical, possible murderer of Michelle. That's evidence enough in a court of law.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

25. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to terminatrixator For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by thumbtack View Post
    could be. or, that dad had a weapon & that was the only prop available for CY to use
    Yes, this could very well be. Good point.

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Turnadot For This Useful Post:

Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast