1174 users online (219 members and 955 guests)  

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: What men's shoes would you choose?

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dress leather shoes with leather soles

0 0%
  • Dress leather shoes with rubber soles

1 1.85%
  • Casual leather shoes (e.g. Hush Puppies)

6 11.11%
  • Casual canvas sneakers (Chuck Taylors)

4 7.41%
  • Athletic shoes (runners/cross trainers)

25 46.30%
  • Work boots

10 18.52%
  • Snow/rain boots

1 1.85%
  • Sandals or flip flops

2 3.70%
  • I'd go barefoot

2 3.70%
  • Other

3 5.56%

Shoe Poll

Let's posit for a moment that Jason did not commit this crime. If you were planning to enter a home where the husband left with luggage earlier in the day, but later in the evening there were lights on in the home and women in the driveway, and you were going upstairs to search for jewelry in the master bedroom where you might possibly encounter someone you might have to assault but not rape before you make your escape, what kind of shoes would you choose? Note, women must wear men's shoes to this crime.

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Whatever shoe I wore would have surgical shoe coverings on them. I'd most likely wear scrubs or a jumpsuit.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

Id wear athletic shoes. I wouldnt have just taken two drawers to a jewlery box when all kinds of electronics and a purse and vehicles were outside. If i killed a woman and unborn child i might as well take the whole house!!! moo

I would be wearing DARK shoes to minimize visibility, otherwise style doesn't matter as long as the shoe is "sturdy".

hope someone here isn't planning a murder. i would where sneakers but what i would do is get some of that spray rubber they sell on tv. i'd spray the bottom of the shoe so as to fill in the tread so it hopefully couldn't be identified.
    we need to encourage harder sentencing on those that are harming our children. our children are worth it!!

stop the circus!! these children as all children deserve to be found and justice brought forth for what has happened to them!!

I was thinking work boots. But, I'd get the dime a dozen work boots from Walmart that cost about 10 bucks and are all over the place. Nothing fancy or unique.

I would wear Nike's; makes run faster and jump higher; just in case.

Madeleine74 is offline Of course it's my opinion; who else's would it be?
    Jimmy Choos, baybee.

Shoes to die for (or kill over)!

And when you say, "These shoes are MURDER on my feet." You'll be speaking literally.

McWopetaz Metroplex, Illinois U. S. of A.
    I wear motorcycle, western or Wellington boots so I put "work boots" since that's the close enough.
    This my opinion and to the best of my knowledge, that is, if I'm not joking.

Stan Reid

Before I created the poll I asked what shoes he would choose for committing such a crime. He picked athletic shoes for their practicality: quiet soles, good for a possible assault and for running away if necessary. I would choose the same. I gave some thought to work boots, but I didn't think I could run quickly in them.

terminatrixator is offline All Posts JMO - May Godspeed Justice for Janet and her unborn child!
    Finding the murderer based on shoes with identifiable treads was one of the first big forensic leads in true crime shows. This would definitely be a big consideration for someone who is planning and premeditating a murder.

The best shoes possible though would be the ones that would be less easy to trace, especially in price.

Wearing an athletic shoe does create more of a problem, because not all athletic shoes are sold at all stores, which makes a process of elimination easier.

Dress shoes or slip ons would leave less of an identifiable imprint.

Shoes that are slip on would be my best bet because it would allow me to wear a different size, either larger or smaller and is easier to get in and out of when it comes time to clean up and change clothes.

I would bring two pair of shoes to try to throw LE off on the amount of people that committed the crime, (Definitely easier to slip your feet into a smaller dress shoe by standing on the back of the heal) especially if you want to create the imagine of more than one person on the scene.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~ Edmund Burke

"Safety never takes a holiday" ~Britney Romito

"It's easier to KEEP Raven happy, than it is to MAKE Raven happy." ~Janet Christiansen (Abaroa)

"Right now you have the capabilities of being a God" ~Karen Abaroa Bolton

I would go to MY's closet -- just a few feet to my left & put on boots -- my feet are smaller that even MY's.

And I'd be sure to take her pocketbook in the kitchen and the PC in the study. And I'd look at MY's clothes for a nice leather jacket or something expensive -- same w/his closet. And I'd look in a few drawers, just to see what might be there -- upstairs & down.

(Sorry to disobey the rules, but I think it would be impossible for me to even walk in shoes that wouldn't stay on -- even worse to try to kill someone and get away without falling down the stairs & killing myself, too...)

All posts, unless attributed, are "just my humble opinion," and they are to remain here in Websleuths and are not to be used elsewhere. Thank you.

This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England.
    William Shakespeare, King Richard II

The Angel of the Waters, Bethesda Terrace, Central Park, New York City

Quote Originally Posted by athy View Post
    hope someone here isn't planning a murder. i would where sneakers but what i would do is get some of that spray rubber they sell on tv. i'd spray the bottom of the shoe so as to fill in the tread so it hopefully couldn't be identified.
    Very clever, BUT they would probably be able to tell you did that and then trace your QVC purchase back to you faster than the shoe prints.

I'd wear some good running shoes... But I would also make sure if I took the time to use a smaller size shoe to throw the LE off I'd make dang sure I wouldnt wear shoes that I wore everyday...