Shoe Poll

What men's shoes would you choose?

• Dress leather shoes with leather soles

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dress leather shoes with rubber soles

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Casual leather shoes (e.g. Hush Puppies)

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Casual canvas sneakers (Chuck Taylors)

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Athletic shoes (runners/cross trainers)

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Work boots

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Snow/rain boots

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Sandals or flip flops

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • I'd go barefoot

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other

Votes: 3 5.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skittles

Reaction score
Let's posit for a moment that Jason did not commit this crime. If you were planning to enter a home where the husband left with luggage earlier in the day, but later in the evening there were lights on in the home and women in the driveway, and you were going upstairs to search for jewelry in the master bedroom where you might possibly encounter someone you might have to assault but not rape before you make your escape, what kind of shoes would you choose? Note, women must wear men's shoes to this crime.

Whatever shoe I wore would have surgical shoe coverings on them. I'd most likely wear scrubs or a jumpsuit.

Id wear athletic shoes. I wouldnt have just taken two drawers to a jewlery box when all kinds of electronics and a purse and vehicles were outside. If i killed a woman and unborn child i might as well take the whole house!!! moo

I would be wearing DARK shoes to minimize visibility, otherwise style doesn't matter as long as the shoe is "sturdy".

hope someone here isn't planning a murder. i would where sneakers but what i would do is get some of that spray rubber they sell on tv. i'd spray the bottom of the shoe so as to fill in the tread so it hopefully couldn't be identified.

I was thinking work boots. But, I'd get the dime a dozen work boots from Walmart that cost about 10 bucks and are all over the place. Nothing fancy or unique.

I would wear Nike's; makes run faster and jump higher; just in case.

Jimmy Choos, baybee.

Shoes to die for (or kill over)!

And when you say, "These shoes are MURDER on my feet." You'll be speaking literally.

020fayezts_blackwhite_medium_trans.png

I wear motorcycle, western or Wellington boots so I put "work boots" since that's the close enough.

Before I created the poll I asked what shoes he would choose for committing such a crime. He picked athletic shoes for their practicality: quiet soles, good for a possible assault and for running away if necessary. I would choose the same. I gave some thought to work boots, but I didn't think I could run quickly in them.

Finding the murderer based on shoes with identifiable treads was one of the first big forensic leads in true crime shows. This would definitely be a big consideration for someone who is planning and premeditating a murder.

The best shoes possible though would be the ones that would be less easy to trace, especially in price.

Wearing an athletic shoe does create more of a problem, because not all athletic shoes are sold at all stores, which makes a process of elimination easier.

Dress shoes or slip ons would leave less of an identifiable imprint.

Shoes that are slip on would be my best bet because it would allow me to wear a different size, either larger or smaller and is easier to get in and out of when it comes time to clean up and change clothes.

I would bring two pair of shoes to try to throw LE off on the amount of people that committed the crime, (Definitely easier to slip your feet into a smaller dress shoe by standing on the back of the heal) especially if you want to create the imagine of more than one person on the scene.

I would go to MY's closet -- just a few feet to my left & put on boots -- my feet are smaller that even MY's.

And I'd be sure to take her pocketbook in the kitchen and the PC in the study. And I'd look at MY's clothes for a nice leather jacket or something expensive -- same w/his closet. And I'd look in a few drawers, just to see what might be there -- upstairs & down.

(Sorry to disobey the rules, but I think it would be impossible for me to even walk in shoes that wouldn't stay on -- even worse to try to kill someone and get away without falling down the stairs & killing myself, too...)

hope someone here isn't planning a murder. i would where sneakers but what i would do is get some of that spray rubber they sell on tv. i'd spray the bottom of the shoe so as to fill in the tread so it hopefully couldn't be identified.

Very clever, BUT they would probably be able to tell you did that and then trace your QVC purchase back to you faster than the shoe prints. :floorlaugh:

I'd wear some good running shoes... But I would also make sure if I took the time to use a smaller size shoe to throw the LE off I'd make dang sure I wouldnt wear shoes that I wore everyday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie