GUILTY MD - Robert Richardson, 58, shot to death, Bel Air, 9 Jan 2012

I don't know these people, but this is very close to me. About 15 minutes. Will see if I can find out more.

ABERDEEN, Md. -- A 16-year-old from Harford County faces murder charges after authorities said he shot his father to death and dumped his body in Aberdeen.

Robert Conley Richardson III has been charged as an adult with first-degree murder, second-degree murder and use of a handgun in the commission of a violent crime. He is being held without bail at the Harford County Detention Center.

The victim was identified as 58-year-old Robert C. Richardson Jr., 11 News reporter Barry Simms said.

(snip)

An anonymous call at about 10 p.m. Monday alerted sheriff's department investigators that a family member had shot his father during a domestic disturbance. The shooting occurred in a home in the 800 block of Moores Mill Road in Bel Air, where the father and son were the only occupants.

Police are working to determine if anyone else was there when the incident happened.

(snip)

Inside the home, authorities said they found blood and other evidence of violence, including a trail of blood as if someone had been dragged, according to Monica Worrell of the Harford County's Sheriff's Office.

They issued a notice for deputies to be on the lookout for the son, who was spotted driving the family vehicle on Tuesday morning.

Officers pursued the car, which crashed about 6:15 a.m. at Route 924 and Linwood Avenue after the boy turned into the parking lot of the Bel Air United Methodist Church. The teen tried to run from police but was caught behind the building, according to officials. There were no injuries in the crash, officials said.

"He did talk to police and let them know where he disposed of the body," said Worrell. Richardson III told deputies that after he killed his father he dumped the body near the 800 block of Gilbert Road in Aberdeen. Officers found Richardson's body partially submerged in a pond behind a relative's home in that area.

The Richardson home was well-known to the sheriff's office. Deputies said they visited a dozen times last year for complaints ranging from marijuana to a missing persons call, but they said there was never a domestic violence complaint until Monday night.

More at link:
http://www.wbaltv.com/news/30176115/detail.html

This is much closer than I thought. I live in Aberdeen, where the body was dumped. There are a number of other articles involving this case at the link.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back