824 users online (112 members and 712 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Aaron Booth, 2, dies after drinking toxic liquid, Huddersfield, 6 Nov 2010

This is terrible, poor Aaron was neglected on so many levels
    A toddler died in agony 11 days after drinking plant food that his mother was using to feed her cannabis crop that she kept in his bedroom, a court heard today.
    Aaron Booth, two, found the bottle of liquid in his hunt for food and drink whilst his mother slept in bed with her boyfriend until lunchtime.

• Aaron Booth died 11 days after drinking the toxic liquid
    • The dehydrated child hadn't had a drink since the previous day
    • He suffered agonising internal burns and a collapsed lung
    • His 23-year-old mother slept with her boyfriend until lunchtime
    • Jury hears she had turned his room into a cannabis factory to 'make money'

Her trial is ongoing at present, praying for justice for Aaron
    England's dancing days are done...

Poor little thing. He suffered such agony due to a crappy mother. At least, he is in no more pain. I can't imagine the pain of having your insides burned away. It just makes me ill to think about. He was only 2-years-old. I hope they nail her to the wall, but England isn't known for harsh sentencing so I'm not holding my breath.
    Forum: Jury Room
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in alphabetical order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

Here is the link for the spreadsheet in country order:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

This is unspeakable. Potassium hydroxide the poor child drank. They removed his intestines and still his little esophogus was burned.

"Natural" daddy smelled the weed on a visit and that "mom" told him of the grow operation.

Just give her an IV of plant food.

WOW!! This is the worst of the worst in the how to neglect your child to death dept. I dont know how this 'mother' can fight the charges. jmo

Wow. How is she even fighting the charges? WHat scares me is that she's only 23. Anything less than a 25-30 year sentence, and she could conceivably have more children.

I'm not one to limit reproductive rights, but when someone does something this stupid and neglectful, and causes the death or permanent damage of a child, they should receive a lifetime registration like some sex offenders have. Come in every 6 months, update your address, submit to a blood beta test to make sure you are not pregnant, and then go on your way. If you are pregnant, proceedings start right then to remove the child from your care immediately upon it's birth. And the only reason I say that is because we know that this woman will not get 25 years for allowing her 2 year old to poison himself. She probably wouldn't get that even if she had put the killer substance in his sippy cup and handed it to him.

Rest easy little one, may you never know pain, fear, lonliness, or hunger again.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

This makes me sick
    Found guilty, lets hope for some proper justice for this little one

You are safe now little Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    This makes me sick
    Found guilty, lets hope for some proper justice for this little one
    happy news to read. Thank you for sharing.

I'm praying she will receive the maximum penalty when April 16 comes around.
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

I am not hopeful for a stiff sentence due to it being in England. They didn't even charge her with manslaughter. There was a freaking grow operation in his bedroom! Then, dangerous chemicals were left within his reach. Then, his mother was too lazy to get up and care for him leading him to be thirsty enough to drink what was in his reach. If she gets any jail time it will probably be under 6 months. What a shame.
    Thread: Most interesting classic unsolved murder cases

This thread currently has over 350 cases with a brief synopsis of each and we are still adding additional cases.

You can access a spreadsheet that lists the cases in alphabetical order with the page & post number so that you can locate a particular case you may be interested in. It also contains links to any cases that already have a thread on WS.

Many cases do not have a thread. Please feel free to start one in the appropriate forum if you would like to look into one. Should you start a thread on one of these cases, please let me know so that I can add the link to the spreadsheet.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_US#gid=0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBBcGVid0lmUHc
    =======================================

Thread: Cold But Not Too Old Murder Case List

This is a listing of newer but still cold cases. As with the above thread we will be adding as we go along. Most of these cases will probably have threads. If you do start a new one, please let me know so I can add the link to the spreadsheets. The spreadsheets may be accessed from the links below.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...mlNV2lSQ1dDWHc

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...FBIaHRnR1g0SEE

I am sick

Mum smiles and walks free from court
    from above link
    "A mother whose neglected two-year-old son died a prolonged and horrible death after drinking poisonous plant food laughed as she walked free from court today.
    Lauren Booth, 24, was growing cannabis in her home in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, and was asleep when her son Aaron drank the toxic liquid.
    She was handed a 12-month suspended sentence"

This is SO f$%&ing wrong

As my wise old Nan would say

"She will be laughing on the other side of her face one day" One can truly hope. Yeah, drugs are more important than your baby...

As my wise old Nan would say

"She will be laughing on the other side of her face one day" One can truly hope. Yeah, drugs are more important than your baby...
    [IMG]http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/ww345/horsie9/ugly*****.jpg[/IMG]
    My mom used to say that too.

Let's hope in this case - it will prove true.

You are safe now little Aaron
    Poor baby isn't even strapped in his car seat correctly...they tied his straps in a knot and way too high up around his little neck! This just makes my heart cry for all our poor children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    ~~All my posts are IMHO~~

I can be changed by what happens to me. but I refuse to be reduced by it. ~Maya Angelou~

Quote Originally Posted by AfterSunset View Post
    Poor baby isn't even strapped in his car seat correctly...they tied his straps in a knot and way too high up around his little neck! This just makes my heart cry for all our poor children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Ya I noticed that too about his carseat straps. Just tied together. Why even bother?

I'm disgusted by this case and the justice this child didn't receive.