GUILTY UK - Aaron Booth, 2, dies after drinking toxic liquid, Huddersfield, 6 Nov 2010

badhorsie

Mouth operational, brain elsewhere...
Reaction score
Website
ruralidyll.blogspot.com
This is terrible, poor Aaron was neglected on so many levels :(
A toddler died in agony 11 days after drinking plant food that his mother was using to feed her cannabis crop that she kept in his bedroom, a court heard today.
Aaron Booth, two, found the bottle of liquid in his hunt for food and drink whilst his mother slept in bed with her boyfriend until lunchtime.

• Aaron Booth died 11 days after drinking the toxic liquid
  • The dehydrated child hadn't had a drink since the previous day
  • He suffered agonising internal burns and a collapsed lung
  • His 23-year-old mother slept with her boyfriend until lunchtime
  • Jury hears she had turned his room into a cannabis factory to 'make money'

Her trial is ongoing at present, praying for justice for Aaron

Poor little thing. He suffered such agony due to a crappy mother. At least, he is in no more pain. I can't imagine the pain of having your insides burned away. It just makes me ill to think about. He was only 2-years-old. I hope they nail her to the wall, but England isn't known for harsh sentencing so I'm not holding my breath.

This is unspeakable. Potassium hydroxide the poor child drank. They removed his intestines and still his little esophogus was burned.

"Natural" daddy smelled the weed on a visit and that "mom" told him of the grow operation.

Just give her an IV of plant food.

WOW!! This is the worst of the worst in the how to neglect your child to death dept. I dont know how this 'mother' can fight the charges. jmo

Wow. How is she even fighting the charges? WHat scares me is that she's only 23. Anything less than a 25-30 year sentence, and she could conceivably have more children.

I'm not one to limit reproductive rights, but when someone does something this stupid and neglectful, and causes the death or permanent damage of a child, they should receive a lifetime registration like some sex offenders have. Come in every 6 months, update your address, submit to a blood beta test to make sure you are not pregnant, and then go on your way. If you are pregnant, proceedings start right then to remove the child from your care immediately upon it's birth. And the only reason I say that is because we know that this woman will not get 25 years for allowing her 2 year old to poison himself. She probably wouldn't get that even if she had put the killer substance in his sippy cup and handed it to him.

Rest easy little one, may you never know pain, fear, lonliness, or hunger again.

You are safe now little Aaron
article-2104284-11D78ACA000005DC-251_306x442.jpg

I am not hopeful for a stiff sentence due to it being in England. They didn't even charge her with manslaughter. There was a freaking grow operation in his bedroom! Then, dangerous chemicals were left within his reach. Then, his mother was too lazy to get up and care for him leading him to be thirsty enough to drink what was in his reach. If she gets any jail time it will probably be under 6 months. What a shame.

I am sick :furious:

Mum smiles and walks free from court
from above link
"A mother whose neglected two-year-old son died a prolonged and horrible death after drinking poisonous plant food laughed as she walked free from court today.
Lauren Booth, 24, was growing cannabis in her home in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, and was asleep when her son Aaron drank the toxic liquid.
She was handed a 12-month suspended sentence"

This is SO f$%&ing wrong

As my wise old Nan would say

"She will be laughing on the other side of her face one day" One can truly hope. Yeah, drugs are more important than your baby...
woman.jpg

As my wise old Nan would say

"She will be laughing on the other side of her face one day" One can truly hope. Yeah, drugs are more important than your baby...
ugly*****.jpg
My mom used to say that too.

Let's hope in this case - it will prove true.

You are safe now little Aaron
article-2104284-11D78ACA000005DC-251_306x442.jpg

Poor baby isn't even strapped in his car seat correctly...they tied his straps in a knot and way too high up around his little neck! This just makes my heart cry for all our poor children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Poor baby isn't even strapped in his car seat correctly...they tied his straps in a knot and way too high up around his little neck! This just makes my heart cry for all our poor children.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Ya I noticed that too about his carseat straps. Just tied together. Why even bother?

I'm disgusted by this case and the justice this child didn't receive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back