1071 users online (162 members and 909 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

TX - 11 children, some of whom had been tied to beds, removed from home in abuse case

11 children removed from Texas home in abuse case (AP)
    DAYTON, Texas (AP) -- Texas authorities said Tuesday they removed 11 children from a crowded home where a registered sex offender lives after they found eight confined in a small, dark bedroom with restraints tying some to their beds.

Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Gwen Carter said. One month after a raid on the house, authorities are still trying to determine how the children are related and why they were there, she said.

The children ranged in age from 5 months to 11 years. Three who were age 5 or older had not been enrolled in school, Carter said.

The children were removed after authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed during a January visit to the home, according to a court document.
    ---
    more at link above

Having myself an I hate everybody day. Sigh.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

A legally blind, 5-year-old girl "was in a restraint on a filthy mattress, and appeared to be in a daze,

authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed

none of the adults said they saw anything wrong with the arrangement.

Two of the children had what authorities feared was pneumonia
    this is sickening

I'm sure these children were horribly abused but I have to be glad they were at least found alive and it looks like CPS did something right for once.

From them not knowing who the children are, how they are related or why they are there, I'm wondering if some of them are from our missing or kidnapped lists?

I hope the charges cover everything possible.

I can't get these two things to disconnect in my mind.

RSO

Children restrained to beds

*shudder*

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

I just saw the headline on Twitter (tweeted by AP) and read (and posted) the article's first four paragraphs. Could not read further.

Another article with this quote:

Douglas Waller said he saw nothing unusual at the home a few days before Christmas when he visited briefly with a 4-year-old girl who he believes is his daughter, the Houston Chronicle reported. The 33-year-old is petitioning the court for custody of the child.

"She looked all right. She looked healthy and happy," he said, but he changed his mind after the girl was removed from the home.

"After reading the papers I've received from the courts, I would not trust them with an animal -- much less a child," he said. "I had no idea of the stuff that was going on at the house."
    http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20...rom-texas-home

Mom of boy tied to bed is angry.

http://www.khou.com/news/Mom-of-boy-...139886473.html

Anyone who can figure out who is who in all that please let me know.

Note there's also a photograph.

Oh and that RSO no problem it's this chicks brother who doesn't sleep there, but goes there like he's supposed to. WHAT????????????

Oh homeschooled. Yep, The School Of Tomorrow.

That idea is stuck in my mind, that maybe those children aren't related to anyone in that house and that maybe there is some sort of human trafficking situation here.

Sick Sick stuff man

I agree Reader, after a month they ought to be able to figure out who these children are. Many are old enough to speak. This makes me wonder if the children don't have any idea who their parents are or how they came to be in that household they were discovered in.

Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston from the opening link.

11 children
    10 adults
    2 teen runaways

all in that 1,700 sf home??

From the my link above:

Carter said the home was not registered as a foster home or day care.
    I bet that's how they explained having so many children, posing as child care or FH.

CPS probably started the investigation because they had no license...thank goodness!

School Of Tomorrow's curriculum

http://schooloftomorrowusa.com/

No mention of restraints.

So her child was tied to the bed (she lost custody of said child BTW), but she's not angry at her mother who has custody of the child.. but at CPS and her sister who was watching the boy while grandma was away...

that is one sick family.. that's all I'm gonna say

As to the questioning of schooling, Weaver said the children are home-schooled just like she was.

"She does home school very good. It’s a Christian curriculum. It’s the School of Tomorrow. She’s got all of her school books, so I don’t see anything wrong with that," Weaver said.

nuff said

According to Smith, CPS has been called to the house six times over the past several years. She said the cases were investigated and no action was taken.

CPS could not confirm that as of the writing of this article.

CPS was also looking into information that Smith had six children removed from her home in Michigan in the 80s.

"The kids were taken, but she was able to go back after two to four years and fight again. Her rights were never terminated. That’s what I was told," said Weaver.

http://www.khou.com/news/Mom-of-boy-...139886473.html

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast