TX - 11 children, some of whom had been tied to beds, removed from home in abuse case

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
11 children removed from Texas home in abuse case (AP)
DAYTON, Texas (AP) -- Texas authorities said Tuesday they removed 11 children from a crowded home where a registered sex offender lives after they found eight confined in a small, dark bedroom with restraints tying some to their beds.

Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston, Child Protective Services spokeswoman Gwen Carter said. One month after a raid on the house, authorities are still trying to determine how the children are related and why they were there, she said.

The children ranged in age from 5 months to 11 years. Three who were age 5 or older had not been enrolled in school, Carter said.

The children were removed after authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed during a January visit to the home, according to a court document.
---
more at link above

Having myself an I hate everybody day. Sigh.

A legally blind, 5-year-old girl "was in a restraint on a filthy mattress, and appeared to be in a daze,

authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed

none of the adults said they saw anything wrong with the arrangement.

Two of the children had what authorities feared was pneumonia
this is sickening :(

I'm sure these children were horribly abused but I have to be glad they were at least found alive and it looks like CPS did something right for once.

From them not knowing who the children are, how they are related or why they are there, I'm wondering if some of them are from our missing or kidnapped lists?

I hope the charges cover everything possible.

I can't get these two things to disconnect in my mind.

RSO

Children restrained to beds

*shudder*

I just saw the headline on Twitter (tweeted by AP) and read (and posted) the article's first four paragraphs. Could not read further.

Another article with this quote:

Douglas Waller said he saw nothing unusual at the home a few days before Christmas when he visited briefly with a 4-year-old girl who he believes is his daughter, the Houston Chronicle reported. The 33-year-old is petitioning the court for custody of the child.

"She looked all right. She looked healthy and happy," he said, but he changed his mind after the girl was removed from the home.

"After reading the papers I've received from the courts, I would not trust them with an animal -- much less a child," he said. "I had no idea of the stuff that was going on at the house."

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ren-some-tied-to-beds-removed-from-texas-home

That idea is stuck in my mind, that maybe those children aren't related to anyone in that house and that maybe there is some sort of human trafficking situation here.

Sick Sick stuff man

I agree Reader, after a month they ought to be able to figure out who these children are. Many are old enough to speak. This makes me wonder if the children don't have any idea who their parents are or how they came to be in that household they were discovered in.

Along with the children, 10 adults were living in the one-story, 1,700-square-foot home in Dayton, about 30 miles northeast of Houston from the opening link.

11 children
10 adults
2 teen runaways

all in that 1,700 sf home??

From the my link above:

Carter said the home was not registered as a foster home or day care.

I bet that's how they explained having so many children, posing as child care or FH.

CPS probably started the investigation because they had no license...thank goodness!

So her child was tied to the bed (she lost custody of said child BTW), but she's not angry at her mother who has custody of the child.. but at CPS and her sister who was watching the boy while grandma was away...

that is one sick family.. that's all I'm gonna say

As to the questioning of schooling, Weaver said the children are home-schooled just like she was.

"She does home school very good. It’s a Christian curriculum. It’s the School of Tomorrow. She’s got all of her school books, so I don’t see anything wrong with that," Weaver said.

nuff said

According to Smith, CPS has been called to the house six times over the past several years. She said the cases were investigated and no action was taken.

CPS could not confirm that as of the writing of this article.

CPS was also looking into information that Smith had six children removed from her home in Michigan in the 80s.

"The kids were taken, but she was able to go back after two to four years and fight again. Her rights were never terminated. That’s what I was told," said Weaver.

http://www.khou.com/news/Mom-of-boy-found-tied-to-bed-in-Dayton-It-makes-me-angry-139886473.html

Mom of boy tied to bed is angry.

http://www.khou.com/news/Mom-of-boy-found-tied-to-bed-in-Dayton-It-makes-me-angry-139886473.html

Anyone who can figure out who is who in all that please let me know.

Note there's also a photograph.

Oh and that RSO no problem it's this chicks brother who doesn't sleep there, but goes there like he's supposed to. WHAT????????????

Oh homeschooled. Yep, The School Of Tomorrow.

Geez, Filly, you don't want much, eh?

The main thing I can figure out is that Tanda Smith is Weaver's mother and has custody of her 2 children, that Weaver lost for whatever reason. Two sisters and their children also live there and one is blamed by Weaver for the restraints on the children.

Tanda had some of her own children removed in the past. I think she is in the business of 'taking custody' of children and getting paid for it? Like the man in the article above?

Weaver also claims that they all don't live in the main house but also in 2 small houses in the back yard.

I figure she says the brother goes there 'like he's supposed to' because he gave this address to LE when he registered as an RSO and pretends he lives there.

The rest is up for grabs!

It's been a month and they still can't sort out who belongs to whom? Makes you wonder how confused the kids are.

That many people in one space. I can't even imagine. The pedophiles dream home, though, I'm sure, Heck, just in case, they weren't starved enough to comply, or desperate enough for attention, they just happen to be conveniently tied to the beds.

How do people this badly twisted find each other? How do you become that indifferent. You'd think they'd want to send them to school just to be rid of them, but that I suppose would mean feeding and clothing them...so probably not.

What is wrong with people? Are we breeding out the instinct to provide for one's own offspring?

I just watched a story about this case on the local (Texas), news. Charges have still NOT been filed on any of the adults. Wow....blown away. What about the sex offender, at the very least, who is not supposed to be around children? Tying 2-2 year olds to a bed is not a crime?

Authorities: 11 children removed from Texas home were restrained, confined to dark bedroom

"The children were removed after authorities found two 2-year-old children tied to a bed during a January visit to the home, according to a court document.

A legally blind 5-year-old girl "was in a restraint on a filthy mattress and appeared to be in a daze," the document said. One child had a black eye and a knocked-out tooth."

I am betting there is lots more info that will be coming out about this one.

One of the articles also referred to a couple of kids being led out of the home on leashes? I will have to reread to see if I misunderstood this.

I also note that Ms. Weaver, mother of the two year old boy bound to a bed, states that this was an abheration and a one time deal she blames on her sister and yet in the opening post article LE said that not one of the ten adults saw anything wrong with the restraining of the children.

One time thing myazz! :burn:

We just had a woman close to my neighborhood that had 28 kids in a rowhome. Unlicensed daycare and all. An infant died. The woman was not arrested. Soooooo who am I to say this family is crooked? They're crooked.

Grandma Smith according to online records married Grandpop in 1999. He is listed sometimes with the last name Marsh, but he's a Smith so go figure. The RSO is a Marsh. Grammy Tanda has the maiden name of Trine. Whatever. The alarming part is there's a big daycare in another part of Texas with Grandpa's name on it. Now it very much could be another person by that name as several are listed in Texas. Still who knows? Considering these kids can't articulate who they are to eachother makes one wonder.

Yeah I always keep a few harnesses around for one time use to tie kids to dirty matresses. That's total BS as TLCox said.

If Grammy was in charge where the he*l was she when these kids got locked in a dark room?

Nobody is charged? How did the runaways get there? Not one, but two?

Not to mention Granny has lived in Iowa as well as Texas, but I don't see Grandpa ever living in Michigan so how'd the RSO from Michigan sometimes share a name with him?

Unbelievable. This is America and not some third world country. It's right here.

Why did "I'm in a huff and mad at my sister" Jazimne lose custody of her kids? Now she's mad.

Oh and eight vehicles parked there? Everybody got a car, but kids are piled on top of eachother in a dark room. Just wonderful.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back