GUILTY CA - Man who admitted eating cats released in plea deal

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Man Who Admitted Eating Cats Is Released From Jail (turnto23.com)
OILDALE, Calif. -- The man accused of eating cats at his Oildale home is a free man after reaching a plea deal.

Jason Wilmert, 35, pleaded no contest to eating animals commonly kept as a pet/companion. In exchange, prosecutors dropped the animal cruelty charge. He was released on time served and given three years probation. He was ordered to complete 40 hours of community service and get mental health treatment.
---
Neighbors say Wilmert would grill on a makeshift fire every day. They worry if Wilmert comes back he will return to his old habits.

"He’s not in the right mind. He needs to be in a mental institute. He needs to be out of my neighborhood," [neighbor Diane] Headley said.
---
the rest of the tale at link above

NOOOOOOOO! Can't believe this...he belongs in jail...

I had a cat go missing and was never found. I hate this story.

What a sicko. And someone who would hurt animals like that could hurt a human just as easily. It's called the making of a serial killer. Heard of Dahmer, anyone?

This man should be locked up.

It just seems to happen over and over...they let this guy loose...they let Josh Powell have visitation with his sons...will no one ever learn??

(Not that JP is a comparable situation, it's just that the justice system seems blind to the obvious.)

I had to read the headline three times. I was sure that I was confused and reading it wrong. Nope, it actually says "eating cats", doesn't it?

Civil commitment, that's my only thought on the subject.

Jason Louis Wilmert, animal abuser from Oildale, nr Bakersfield, Kern County, California

maxresdefault.jpg

[video=youtube;Umdju0Ycd2g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umdju0Ycd2g[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708