Identified! OR - Lane Co., WhtMale skeletal remains in remote area, Jan'12 - Roy Mathews

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
White male found on Siuslaw River Road near Mapleton.

35 - 60 years old
Probable year of death - 1992 to 2011

Hair color Brown
straight, 1.5-2 inches long; brown to blonde

Full upper denture recovered.

"Gear For Sports' large coat; "Elements" pants sz 32; "Elements" black leather-type belt; probable "Eddie Bauer" shirt; black dress-type socks.

Blue and white, sz 11 "Vans" brand lace up below the ankle shoes.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9818

(It just amazes me when UIDs are found in my area and yet I don't hear about them in the local media at all. Found this gentleman in Namus by accident)

Gene Kimmel was last seen on May 15, 2010, in Creswell, Oregon. He was reportedly dropped off at the Eugene Aiport by a friend. Authorities have been unable to confirm that Gene boarded any flight, and he has not been seen since. Gene has full dentures and dental implants. He gave away his car.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/kimmel_gene.html

Hmmmm. Oh NEVER MIND. His hair is gray and our doe has brown hair.

I have called the person who handles Lane Co cases before and she's very helpful. After we gather some good tips, I'll send her a link to this thread so she can look it over.

Gene Kimmel was last seen on May 15, 2010, in Creswell, Oregon. He was reportedly dropped off at the Eugene Aiport by a friend. Authorities have been unable to confirm that Gene boarded any flight, and he has not been seen since. Gene has full dentures and dental implants. He gave away his car.

http://www.nampn.org/cases/kimmel_gene.html

Hmmmm. Oh NEVER MIND. His hair is gray and our doe has brown hair.

I have called the person who handles Lane Co cases before and she's very helpful. After we gather some good tips, I'll send her a link to this thread so she can look it over.

Gene Kimmel's remains were ID'd this past week.
http://www.registerguard.com/web/updates/27982763-55/county-kimmel-2010-death-identified.html.csp

Does anyone else find it a little odd that he was wearing black slacks (as far as I know, Elements only makes slacks) black dress socks, black belt and casual tennis shoes?

I wonder what condition the clothes were in? I mean the slacks, belt and dress socks say to me middle class...or works as a salesman somewhere. Dept store, car sales, or even a waiter....but the shoes! I wonder if he changed into casual shoes because he was walking home and didn't want to wear his dress shoes?

Russell Gonzales wears an upper dental plate.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gonzales_russell.html

DOB: 12/12/64
Race: W
Height: 70
Weight: 170
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
SMT:
City: Eugene
DLKA: 1/9/06
Vehicle:
Clothing:
Other: Wears an upper denture plate. Medical condition

https://sites.google.com/site/thejofridaycenter/Oregon-cases/russell-matthew-gonzales-profile

This makes a lot of sense with his LKA circumstances: he was in Eugene, headed to Coos Bay. So if it was him, he was found right along that route. Height a little off, though. They did remark that it was estimated.

Oh thank you for bumping this thread up! I need to call this one in. I'll let you guys know what I find out.

BTW, the Lane County Sheriff's Department is going to suffer another round of layoffs. It has been said there might be times when there are NO sheriffs on duty in the whole county! :eek: I think there is a volunteer helping with cold cases. I hope she'll be able to stick around. :please:

Does anyone else find it a little odd that he was wearing black slacks (as far as I know, Elements only makes slacks) black dress socks, black belt and casual tennis shoes?

I wonder what condition the clothes were in? I mean the slacks, belt and dress socks say to me middle class...or works as a salesman somewhere. Dept store, car sales, or even a waiter....but the shoes! I wonder if he changed into casual shoes because he was walking home and didn't want to wear his dress shoes?

I used to work at a fast food place. The guys wore black slacks and black socks and black shoes with the work shirt. Girls had a pair of brown uniform trousers. We almost all brought other (comfy) shoes and changed out of our shoes at the end of the shift. They just got too disgusting from dropped food and soaked in grease to be wearing anywhere, even if you cleaned them. I swear I owned a pair that grew mold on them onetime. It wasn't uncommon for the guys to bring just a shirt to change into though, but the girls would usually bring a whole outfit because those brown pants were horrible.

So maybe he worked in a service industry. Food service, hotel work, bar work etc.

Russell Gonzales wears an upper dental plate.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/gonzales_russell.html

DOB: 12/12/64
Race: W
Height: 70
Weight: 170
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
SMT:
City: Eugene
DLKA: 1/9/06
Vehicle:
Clothing:
Other: Wears an upper denture plate. Medical condition

https://sites.google.com/site/thejofridaycenter/Oregon-cases/russell-matthew-gonzales-profile

I'm wondering if someone 5'7 and weighing 170 could wear 32 inch pants. I just say this because my husband is 5'10 and weighs 130lb on a good day and wears size 32s. However I am not an expert in men's waist sizes-just an observation.

I'm wondering if someone 5'7 and weighing 170 could wear 32 inch pants. I just say this because my husband is 5'10 and weighs 130lb on a good day and wears size 32s. However I am not an expert in men's waist sizes-just an observation.

IDK, but my guy is 5 ft 11 and weighs 165 and wears 32 x 32s. Maybe our doe is one of those guys with a slight beer belly that wears their pants under that in the small part of the waist? Think Hank Hill.

Kimster- that is bad about the Lane Co. layoffs. I think the counties down here in the southern OR area are thinking hiring freeze/layoffs. People don't realize how much ground they have to cover and response time become pretty outrageous. But I guess they are cutting way down on everything here. I think stressed counties should consider hiring more volunteers for office positions. There are a lot of civic minded new retirees who might be interested in filing papers/answering phones for a day or two a week to help out.

Kimster- let us know what you find out after you call it in. Based on his clothes I believe he was local Oregonian and not a tourist or transient.

the UID had no teeth at all. interesting.

one deficiency in Namus for the missing persons is that they almost never describe the dentals other than to say on file or not. there is no denture check off for the missing persons so we are left to guess.

I wonder if the guy was identified? the namus link comes back as access permission denied.

Kimster- let us know what you find out after you call it in. Based on his clothes I believe he was local Oregonian and not a tourist or transient.

:doh: I messed up and forgot to call this one in. Looks like Donjeta found out for us though! :hero:

Donjeta, what does this mean: Ultima fecha de modificación?

The date they last modified the file.
From another case (still unidentified):

English version:

Status Unidentified
Case number 1961-10-FA-5000
Date found April 15, 1961 10:15
Date created November 15, 2011 12:33
Date last modified August 11, 2012 04:13
Date QA reviewed August 11, 2012 05:16

Spanish version:
Estatus No identificado
Caso número 1961-10-FA-5000
Fecha encontrado 15 de abril de 1961 10:15
Fecha de creación 15 de noviembre de 2011 12:33
Última fecha
de modificación 11 de agosto de 2012 04:13
Fecha de la revisión 11 de agosto de 2012 05:16

White male found on Siuslaw River Road near Mapleton.

35 - 60 years old
Probable year of death - 1992 to 2011

Hair color Brown
straight, 1.5-2 inches long; brown to blonde

Full upper denture recovered.

"Gear For Sports' large coat; "Elements" pants sz 32; "Elements" black leather-type belt; probable "Eddie Bauer" shirt; black dress-type socks.

Blue and white, sz 11 "Vans" brand lace up below the ankle shoes.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/9818

(It just amazes me when UIDs are found in my area and yet I don't hear about them in the local media at all. Found this gentleman in Namus by accident)

I read this and looked at the early dates. I recognize "elements" as a skate brand and I've never heard of another brand with the name elements, ever. This makes sense with the vans shoes. Sounds middle class, neither were cheap. I don't see the part with it being slacks though, so I'm confused but "elements" is a skateboarding / X sports brand. vans is notable as "skate shoes". Just throwing that out there, namus tends to be a lil' off with age. I'd guess with clothing like that he has a "type" he prefers, and is about 32 or maybe slightly younger. Nothing he's wearing is cheap or typically donated. Just my lil' ole opinion. there is a guy who did disappear in that area, I'll have to check out Namus but he was about 28, same sort of hair color - had off and on issues with heroin and simply disappeared from his family. They've been actively searching for awhile. This would have been late 90's, like 98 or 99.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back