State vs. Jason Lynn Young 2-22-2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning ... went to bed early so I could get up on time and would not miss the first part of the trial!!

Missed all of yesterday's discussion. Pasting a response here from previous thread.

It is true that not all adulterers commit murder;

Yes, I would imagine it is a very small percentage. Way less than 1%.

It has been said that the security camera didn't show JY unplugging it or shoving it up; however, the security camera didn't show anyone unplugging it or shoving it up. That leaves the question, who was staying in the HI on Nov. 2, 2006 who needed the security camera unplugged at 11:20 pm and shoved up towards the ceiling at 6:35am the next morning?

Where are you getting these times? 6:35? 11:20?

Why was JY's shirt that he was seen wearing on the security camera at the front desk at midnight not in his luggage or in his vehicle the next evening? Clothing does not just disappear without a reason, and I cannot think of a logical reason for the shirt to be missing other than he threw it away.

I agree

How did a pair of Hush Puppy shoes with a unique sole just happen to be found in blood at the crime scene? A pair of HP with a unique sole that JY just happened to have owned.

How unique are these soles? I've seen no data to back this up. How many shoes were sold in the US that had this sole?

Why would a man staying at the HI on the 4th floor leave his valuables unsecured twice to go downstairs because he worried about disturbing his neighbors by shutting his room door? Why would a man go downstairs twice and prop open an exit door because that was more convenient than carrying his keycard with him?

Great question. I didn't buy JY's testimony that he didn't want to wake up neighbors. He admitted that there was no force/spring in the door and it actually stayed open without using anything to keep it from closing. Why leave your keycard in room for a trip downstairs to smoke.

Why was there no forced entry into the home?

Maybe someone rushed MY while she was outside. Got in through garage?

Why was a pregnant woman beaten 30 times to her and her unborn son's death, yet her 2 1/2 year old daughter who witnessed part of the crime was cleaned up, cared for, and left alive?

Many murderers draw the line at kids. Speaking of cleaned up.... If, JY cleaned up CY, she would have been left alone in house from 3-3:30am to 1:30pm. Give me a reason for anyone to clean up kid. I assume whomever killed MY assumed kid would just get dirty again being left at crime scene. There must be another explanation for her cleanliness.

Why was Michelle's purse that was sitting out in the open not stolen, but a wallet with $500 in it that was hidden in JY's closet was stolen? Why was JY's closet gone through, but Michelle's was left untouched?

I thought both were found to be not in their normal condition. Where is this testimony?

Why was the house not ransacked?

No idea. If it was, would this help JY??? If he was the master murder planner, wouldn't he try to make the scene look like a robbery?

Why didn't the dog that stayed in the house go after the "stranger" who murdered Michelle?

Some dogs are not wired this way.

Why does the timeline of JY stopping at Four Brothers in King fit perfectly?

Good question

Why did no cameras record JY going towards the breakfast area on Friday morning?

Why does this matter? If you believe JY is guilty, you must believe he made it back to the hotel to push up camera.

Why was the last person JY talked to before the murder and the second person (behind trying to reach his mom) he talked to after the murder MM?

Not sure why this is relevant. He spoke to MM what, 400 times in this timeframe?? Chance were good that he spoke to her before and after murder.

Why did JY print off the MapQuest directions and the Coach purse from Ebay at around the same time and remembered to get one but forgot the other?

No idea. Not sure this helps pros in any way though.

Why was JY so persistent about getting MF over to his house to pick up the Coach purse printout? He called twice and left messages, and he had his mom call once and leave a message.

Well if you believe JY its because he wanted to surprise his wife with the bag. In one of the messages he mentioned that if MF couldn't get over it was not a huge deal. If you think he's guilty its because he loved his daughter enough to get her out of there, but not much as if this were the case wouldn't he try to get his daughter out of there before noon-1:30?

Why didn't JY answer his MIL's 4 phone calls within the space of an hour when cell phone records show that he retrieved the two messages she left him? Why didn't he return those calls?

No idea.

When JY arrived at his mother's home and his stepfather gave him the news about Michelle's death, why did JY fall "plumb to his knees?" No surprise, no denial, no insisting that they must have gotten the news wrong. Just immediate acceptance. Remember that when LF found out, she was so shocked she couldn't even cry because she couldn't accept it yet.

Sure, because we all react exactly the same to news of our spouse's death.

Why didn't JY help LE at all even with his lawyer present?

No one knows. Was he advised?

Why didn't JY take a polygraph exam to clear himself with LE? MF did.

No one knows, was he advised? Have you ever taken a polygraph? Do you even know what it measures? How easy it is to cheat? Get false readings?

Why didn't JY keep custody of his daughter and allow MF and LF visitation?

No idea. Was he advised to wait to pursue custody after criminal trial?

Why didn't JY ever offer an award leading to the arrest of conviction of Michelle's killer(s)? Her place of employment did 9 months later; I guess they figured JY wasn't ever going to.

Good question

Why did JY testify that he was working on his marriage when in fact he was having two affairs?
Because he was a pig?

This is an open and shut case for me. JY has done everything in his power to make himself look guilty.

Just not seeing it. There are definitely some points here that make it very possible JY did it and is guilty.. There is also some evidence that makes it very possible he is innocent.

Testimony

I thought both were found to be not in their normal condition. Where is this testimony?

The $500 cash in a new wallet was missing, per Pat Young 5/2007 SW.
MY's purse was untouched, per testimony

Another screen cap - Cracker Barrel. Not very clear I know but it shows both feet.

14701w.jpg

Good Morning ... went to bed early so I could get up on time and would not miss the first part of the trial!!

Good morning! I wanted to get to bed early, but unfortunately with the kiddos afternoon and evening schedules, nighttime is when I can get caught up on this case! Soooo much info to go over.... I was a Caylee follower, so came in late on this one. But, this case is definitely one of the addicting ones.

Good morning. I think if they are still showing JY's prior testimony I'll rely on you experts to post the dish on it because I can't stand to look at or hear him talk. Like I said yesterday after watching him for 5 minutes, I believe the man isn't quite sure of his sexuality. JMO

some of my rambling thoughts (didn't want to quote that big post above and take up space):

there were only around 190-some pairs of that size shoe made (very rare)

I believe JY did make it look like a crime scene: re: missing jewelry box drawers and missing rings from Michelle's hands

Forensic experts testified that Michelle's body was moved so the perp could open the door to JY's closet: so it looks like the perp was for sure in there (and wallet with the cash is missing... not to mention it just happened to be the accused's closet and some of his clothing has been unaccounted for)

.... this is just from the best of my recollection of following the trial

Oh one other thing: The dog was Jason's before he married Michelle... (testimony from yesterday... from JY's last stint on the stand)... this is also logical as to why the dog would not bark (but I do agree that some dogs can be 'wired' that way)

oh... also... good morning everybody! :cheer:

further musing about the closet:

jmhoo but it is very possible that JY (assuming he is the perp) did not plan to move MY and open the closet but rather forgot the wallet with the cash in it... (the fact that the perp only went into his closet... and only his hidden wallet with cash was missing is a big hink to me esp with Michelle's purse sitting right out there in the open and obvious)

it seems more glaring to me day by day that this was no stranger at all! (I am new to the case so am finding out everything as the trial progresses...)

IMO, I don't think the shoes (and the rarity) of them can convict him alone. As I think more about it, I think the fact that they were sold in DSW (a retail store) and not a custom order/ebay thing lessens it a little. I think if the jury buys into that yes, it was JY that tampered with the HI cameras (and to be honest, there is no evidence to show that he did not), then that combined with the shoes should be enough to remove reasonable doubt. Because then to me you are explaining away two somewhat hard to come by coincidences.

He can get a NG (or mistrial) with explaining away one of those 'hard' coincidences, but not two. IMO

jmhoo but it is very possible that JY (assuming he is the perp) did not plan to move MY and open the closet but rather forgot the wallet with the cash in it... (the fact that the perp only went into his closet... and only his hidden wallet with cash was missing is a big hink to me esp with Michelle's purse sitting right out there in the open and obvious)

it seems more glaring to me day by day that this was no stranger at all! (I am new to the case so am finding out everything as the trial progresses...)

If the perp found a wallet in JY closet with 500.00 wouldnt he think he hit the jackpot and tear up the house looking for more? Purse seemed pretty much in tact. moo

Many murderers draw the line at kids. Speaking of cleaned up.... If, JY cleaned up CY, she would have been left alone in house from 3-3:30am to 1:30pm. Give me a reason for anyone to clean up kid. I assume whomever killed MY assumed kid would just get dirty again being left at crime scene. There must be another explanation for her cleanliness.

Snipped all over the place for brevity.

I think JY had to clean CY up. CY was the only bloody item allowed out of that bedroom. Everything else was bagged up, cleaned up, removed. Because CY was bloody then, anything relating to her would be like big traffic arrows pointing at the killer's movements - just like the bathroom was. And the downstairs doorknob - if CY was taken outside to have her feet cleaned, her little foot would have been right at doorknob height.

So - the killer had every reason to clean her feet. If he'd taken off her wet diaper, rocked her in a chair, and then tucked her into her bed, all those movements would have been patently obvious. And they'd all have pointed right to a parent.

Testimony

Must have missed this somewhere. So he unplugged camera before his trip to front desk to get paper?

I thought the hotel people testified that camera was spotted unplugged at 3-4:30. Immediately plugged back in. Then they noticed it was pushed up 10-30 mins later?

The $500 cash in a new wallet was missing, per Pat Young 5/2007 SW.
MY's purse was untouched, per testimony

Was referring to closets. I thought both were found to have been "not the way they normally are."

All the talk about why the Prosecution played the video of Jason's testimony from the previous trial, that there MUST be something big he said that they can prove to be untrue - isn't it just as likely that they wouldn't know until it's too late whether or not Jason will testify in this second trial? If they don't put in the tape in their case in chief and he doesn't take the stand, they're screwed.

The fact that the perp moved Michelle's body to get into the closet, his closet, is just one more check mark to add to the jy is guilty column for me! Who would've needed to get into that closet? I have also thought he probably had a "murder kit" waiting in their for him... Clothes, shoes, garbage bags, etc... With their being no evidence found outside of that confined space, I think he had planned ahead of time a way to cover his tracks.

Must have missed this somewhere. So he unplugged camera before his trip to front desk to get paper?

I thought the hotel people testified that camera was spotted unplugged at 3-4:30. Immediately plugged back in. Then they noticed it was pushed up 10-30 mins later?

Was referring to closets. I thought both were found to have been "not the way they normally are."

I agree with what you say about the camera being spotted unplugged at that time; however, I do not think it was immediately plugged back in. The night clerk auditor testified that the told Elmer about it when he go there shortly after 5am and Elmer testified he plugged it back in later (I think it was between 5:30 and 6am or thereabouts). Then about 30 minutes later, the camera was pushed upwards filming the ceiling.

I recall the testimony about the closets being that MY's door was closed and didn't appear to have been entered into.

Snipped all over the place for brevity.

I think JY had to clean CY up. CY was the only bloody item allowed out of that bedroom. Everything else was bagged up, cleaned up, removed. Because CY was bloody then, anything relating to her would be like big traffic arrows pointing at the killer's movements - just like the bathroom was.

This is a very good point.

Off topic but ... anyone else find it odd that these parents didn't utilize safety/child gates upstairs? We have a two story and our 2.5 yo daughter's bedroom is upstairs. We have 2 gates between her and the stairs just in case.

I agree with what you say about the camera being spotted unplugged at that time; however, I do not think it was immediately plugged back in. The night clerk auditor testified that the told Elmer about it when he go there shortly after 5am and Elmer testified he plugged it back in later (I think it was between 5:30 and 6am or thereabouts). Then about 30 minutes later, the camera was pushed upwards filming the ceiling.

I recall the testimony about the closets being that MY's door was closed and didn't appear to have been entered into.

Can you clarify, when did they find out it was unplugged? How long had it been unplugged before they realized it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member