Charlie Sheen Speaks about Ashton

Gozgals

Reaction score
Charlie speaks again! His take on the show/Ashton. I heard he may have said he was sorry.
I find the show has not been as good since Charlie left. Sorry if that is not the popular opinion. Your views?

Snip
He said, "I'm tired of lying... I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck... I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck.

"It's nothing personal... I just feel bad for him... He's saddled with such bad writing."

The outburst comes just days after Warner Bros. lawyers representing the show's producers insisted Sheen cease using an old Two and a Half Men photo to promote his new comedy Anger Management.
Snip

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ton-kutcher-two-and-a-half-men_n_1283821.html

Charlie speaks again! His take on the show/Ashton. I heard he may have said he was sorry.
I find the show has not been as good since Charlie left. Sorry if that is not the popular opinion. Your views?

Snip
He said, "I'm tired of lying... I'm tired of pretending the show doesn't suck... I'm tired of pretending Ashton doesn't suck.

"It's nothing personal... I just feel bad for him... He's saddled with such bad writing."

The outburst comes just days after Warner Bros. lawyers representing the show's producers insisted Sheen cease using an old Two and a Half Men photo to promote his new comedy Anger Management.
Snip

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/201...ton-kutcher-two-and-a-half-men_n_1283821.html

I agree. Not that I don't like AK. It's just sometimes replacing actors does not work. The original chemistry is just not there.

I agree. Not that I don't like AK. It's just sometimes replacing actors does not work. The original chemistry is just not there.

And it doesn't help that the situation is now preposterous. We could buy the rich Malibu libertine with the freeloading brother because, well, lots of us have problems with relatives who come to stay and never leave.

But the idea that an internet billionaire (a) bought that rather small house (by Malibu standards) and (b) allows the tenant who pays no rent to continue to live there along with his teenage son, well, it really strains credulity.

Much of the comedy when the show was at its best arose from the fact that we don't get to choose our relatives (mother or brother). Now there's really no reason for "Walden" to put up with "Alan". Does anybody really believe Ashton Kutcher has trouble making friends?

I only watch the reruns with Charlie. They are so funny. We watched the 1st episode with Ashton and decided not to waist any more of our time. I really miss Charlie Sheen.

Really hoping his new show is as funny.

And it doesn't help that the situation is now preposterous. We could buy the rich Malibu libertine with the freeloading brother because, well, lots of us have problems with relatives who come to stay and never leave.

But the idea that an internet billionaire (a) bought that rather small house (by Malibu standards) and (b) allows the tenant who pays no rent to continue to live there along with his teenage son, well, it really strains credulity.

Much of the comedy when the show was at its best arose from the fact that we don't get to choose our relatives (mother or brother). Now there's really no reason for "Walden" to put up with "Alan". Does anybody really believe Ashton Kutcher has trouble making friends?

Nova, summed it up pretty much.. I got bored with the show pretty quick for all the above reasons. Never really thought it through but you are right.

Yea, a guy like Ashton can't make friends....!
And, they make this guy so stupid on the show. My God..

goz

The show is just not the same without Charlie. I have still been watching every week, hoping it will get better but it never does. I really wish they would have went in a different direction after Charlie left.

Actually it sounds just like Ashton's real life with Demi Moore. :innocent:

*sorry, I couldn't resist - my fingers couldn't wait to type that*

What ever problems Charile had in real life, he made the show, I have watched it twice, I am sure it will be cancelled, it is boaring, Allen and the other are good, but I do not think Ashton is much of an actor, he might be a lovely human being, but not an actor, sorry

He is one fine looking guy...:floorlaugh:

It's a sitcom. It's not like it has to make sense.

Nova, summed it up pretty much.. I got bored with the show pretty quick for all the above reasons. Never really thought it through but you are right.

Yea, a guy like Ashton can't make friends....!
And, they make this guy so stupid on the show. My God..

goz

You're the expert on comedy. My training is in dramaturgy, so I tend to think in terms of structure.

I never thought Charlie Sheen was particularly funny in his own right, but the show worked because of the situation and because we all knew the character was something similar to Sheen in real life. And most of all because Sheen was playing straight man to such gifted comic actors in Jon Cryer, Holland Taylor and Conchata Ferrill.

Ashton Kutcher, on the other hand, was often brilliantly funny on That 70's Show. I still laugh at this exchange:

Kutcher's character says something really stupid.

Topher Grace's mother: Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Kutcher: Yes, but until now everyone was too polite to mention it.

Debra Jo Rupp and Kutcher MADE that bit and countless others like it.

It's a sitcom. It's not like it has to make sense.

Even comedy has its own, comic reality. You're right that's it isn't necessarily realistic; in fact, comedy often exists in a heightened reality that makes things laughable.

But situation-comedies depend on an underlying situation to fuel the humor.

My point was that in switching to Kutcher, the writers destroyed the "situation" in their "situation-comedy" and thus negated most of the laughs.

Personally, I also think there's a smugness to Kutcher that I didn't see in his early work. I find it off-putting, but that's probably just me. Certainly, Sheen was no more humble, so perhaps I had different expectations for him.

IMHO Ashton still acts like he's on that 70's show ;) While I don't think he's much of a bad actor, I think the writers are the one with the problem. Me and DH watch it just so we can point out all the absurdities and roll our eyes - but that's about it. Will it get picked up again next season? Gosh I hope not. Give me Mike n' Molly any day. I love Jim and Mike's mom:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7gr4HxaZjA"]Mike & Molly S01E06 - Mike's mother & awkward "silence" - YouTube[/ame]

I laugh every time!

Mel

sorry to get ot

Mel, Two-and-a-half Men is still advertised as the highest rated sit-com on TV. I'm sure it's also very expensive to produce, but I imagine it will be on the air next year as long as the producer and Ashton Kutcher want to continue.

Oh wow. I checked out this thread because I couldn't figure out why on earth Charlie Sheen would even have an opinion about Jeff Ashton! :doh:

:blushing:

I'm just glad he cut that frickin' hair & shaved. I, personally don't like that wild & wooly look.

IMHO Ashton still acts like he's on that 70's show ;) While I don't think he's much of a bad actor, I think the writers are the one with the problem. Me and DH watch it just so we can point out all the absurdities and roll our eyes - but that's about it. Will it get picked up again next season? Gosh I hope not. Give me Mike n' Molly any day. I love Jim and Mike's mom:

Mike & Molly S01E06 - Mike's mother & awkward "silence" - YouTube

I laugh every time!

Mel

sorry to get ot

She's my favorite character on the show.Funny as hell.

What I find most unbelievable has nothing to do with the plot or characters on two and a half men, but that Charlie is still talking and anyone at all is still listening.

:waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Back2theGardenAgain
Back